• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
especially if you figure in how many hours of content you are now getting every week. It looked bleak in the summer but right now the value is amazing. People sometimes forget that it#s not just video stuff that's premium but also premium podcasts.

Yeah I get more enjoyment out of my giant bomb subscription than I do for a large portion of movies or games I spend the same amount of money on throughout the year. It's worth it for me. If there is one breaking brad, one load your last whatever, one pathfinder, and one unprofessional that's what? 6 to 8 hours? In one week? For at it's most expensive ($5 dollars a month) averages out to $1.25 a week? Shit... That's like 16 cents an hour. I spend 9 bucks at the theater for 2 hours, and ultimately I probably enjoy just them talking about games more than the average movie.

Totally worth it.

And that's totally for MY entertainment. If you feel you're supporting them, allowing them to do what they want, then that's only more incentive.

Xater

Yeah I get more enjoyment out of my giant bomb subscription than I do for a large portion of movies or games I spend the same amount of money on throughout the year. It's worth it for me. If there is one breaking brad, one load your last whatever, one pathfinder, and one unprofessional that's what? 6 to 8 hours? In one week? For at it's most expensive ($5 dollars a month) averages out to $1.25 a week? Shit... That's like 16 cents an hour. I spend 9 bucks at the theater for 2 hours, and ultimately I probably enjoy just them talking about games more than the average movie.

Totally worth it.

Exactly. I love it because the going to the cinema has gotten way too expensive because of the stupid 3D.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The vast majority of good content is free. If it was $30 yearly I'd say it's a good deal just for unprofessional fridays. I'm glad it's not, but most of the good stuff is not behind a paywall. It's not that it's crazy expensive as is, I just never felt like it was money well spent for the relatively small amount of good content you get. Spookin With Scoops, Breaking Brad, Jar Time are not worth paying any amount of money for to me. And to put that in perspective like you said, Netflix is $8 a month.

^just my opinion

Just get a one month subscription every 3 months or so and catch up on shit.

for some reason, hearing that Wind Waker was the reason Brad bought a Wii U sent me into a deep, deep depressive state for reasons I can't quite articulate

It's a great game that they made several big improvements to. What's depressing about that?

Plus as Brad says he's likely to play several other Wii U games and a back catalog of Wii games he missed out on. It's not like he'll play WW, say "well, that was fun" and pack it back up.

popo

The vast majority of good content is free. If it was $30 yearly I'd say it's a good deal just for unprofessional fridays.
^just my opinion

It is $35 a year if you buy it when it is on "sale" (I.e. Without the store credit), usually thanksgiving and xmas.

Zaph

The vast majority of good content is free. If it was $30 yearly I'd say it's a good deal just for unprofessional fridays. I'm glad it's not, but most of the good stuff is not behind a paywall. It's not that it's crazy expensive as is, I just never felt like it was money well spent for the relatively small amount of good content you get. Spookin With Scoops, Breaking Brad, Jar Time are not worth paying any amount of money for to me. And to put that in perspective like you said, Netflix is $8 a month.

^just my opinion
Fair play.

The thing is, most of their 'free stuff' I don't even watch. I usually wait for GAF to tell me which QL's are worth watching, and I haven't listened to the Bombcast regularly since last year (fell into that 'I can't listen to the new Bombcast until I catch up on the old ones' rut. Backlog just kept growing). The premium shows - LOLS, Breaking Brad, UPF - are what I go out of my way to watch.

If anything, Giant Bomb doesn't do enough to promote their best content - I wonder if the site must look kinda stagnated and boring to non-members...?

It is $35 a year if you buy it when it is on "sale" (I.e. Without the store credit), usually thanksgiving and xmas.

There are a bunch of codes floating around still good for a $35 membership. I was able to pick one up off of their twitter just a couple weeks ago, which they tweeted around PAX.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
for some reason, hearing that Wind Waker was the reason Brad bought a Wii U sent me into a deep, deep depressive state for reasons I can't quite articulate

It's not like I'll finish that one game and sell the console. Wind Waker was just the tipping point for a system I was going to get eventually anyway. By the end of the year there will be more Wii U games out that I want to play (3D World alone, good lord) than on either of the new consoles.

Megasoum

Banned
It's not like I'll finish that one game and sell the console. Wind Waker was just the tipping point for a system I was going to get eventually anyway. By the end of the year there will be more Wii U games out that I want to play (3D World alone, good lord) than on either of the new consoles.

Curse you for making me want to play Wind Waker again ughhhh.

Phatmac

You should also play Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Gonna pick up w101, brad?

Only if he plays Super Mario Galaxy (either of them!) First. I feel like it hits all the parts of a game he would love; challenging, beautiful art style, good direct control of a character, collectibles to dictate how challenging you want to make on yourself. The only thing missing is an XP bar or a DOTA element (unless GAF-DOTA made you hate that game).

popo

Gamespot 404 error has a little flash game to play while it it down. Pretty neat. Should just redirect to the GB site though :D

npa189

Wind Waker has just been sublime. you would be hard pressed to find 10 better zeldas this year. I think the Wii U is finally going to hit it's stride like the 3DS. Hell the games coming out for it this year have almost mirrored what the 3DS looked like that first year. (zelda remaster, Mario 3D title)

Megasoum

Banned
Gamespot 404 error has a little flash game to play while it it down. Pretty neat. Should just redirect to the GB site though :D

I can see the new site... Hopefully that new player is actually good and they put it on GB asap.

Ohhhhh man that Dany video montage of old moments about Jeff and Ryan...dem feels

Zaph

Hilarious that Gamespot relaunches with the new video player, and of course the videos don't play at all.

I imagine Ian would choke a bitch for mistaking his javascript game for flash.

Poyunch

Ironically, watching that Wind Waker HD Quick Look really made me not want the game anymore. The ocean is definitely gorgeous looking now but as soon as Brad went into the dungeon I'm reminded of everything. I got a "I'm good." kind of feeling.

Nothing against Wind Waker. It's my favorite Zelda game. I guess I've just replayed it enough that a coat of fresh paint isn't enough.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Vinny was so sad when he realized what they talked him into.

What's this about?

PS3 Dark Souls 2 beta multi use code for us accounts:

2QMR-TNNA-G7BN

Those who can, please, engage into some...

t9Cn9.png

Uh, is this an infinite use code?

I don't have a PS3 but I know there's one on campus that I would definitely download the beta onto if I could.

Xater

Still an HD remake is a weird tipping point. You must love this game way more than me. I really like Wind Waker but not enough to get the same game in HD. (I know there are some changes but not enough to justify getting it again.) 3D World I get, because that game looks fucking awesome.

Dany

Banned

It says more about the Wii since he never got that too. But for a HD remake to be the reason seems odd.

Are you going to go back and play stuff previously released?

LCfiner

This game is a good choice for the stream. Feel like there’s a good balance so far of forward advancement and Brad screaming at the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom