• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

I always find it weird that the guys talk about some games being "summer holiday" games for kids with nothing but time--time that they'll never have again. Brad is approaching 800hours played of Dota 2, and didn't Vinny recently mention pouring 40+ hours into a game (I think it was AC4)?

It's more about not wanting to poor that amount of time into a game they're not way way into, I think.

I'm still salty about Brad's opinion on the look of the Adjudicator's Shield.

I think it looks fucking awesome.

Edit: Wait, WHY DIDN'T BRAD JUST UPGRADE HIS SHIELD TO +10?! Holy shit, his excuse was it would take 30 seconds to upgrade it.

Brad had 100k souls and didn't level up. Oh well, next week.

Hopefully he can get the pure Darkmoon Stone, but with Pure White World tendency his chances are at the lowest.

M3z_

Old King Allant is not that bad. He doesn't have any attacks in his pattern that aren't easy to read and you have a ton of space to work with for healing yourself.

They don't even look at the chat, which frankly I find a bit annoying. What's the point of the chat if you're not going to interact with it a bit.

Vinny looks at the chat sometimes.

The best part was when vinny asked if Brad wanted to make a poll and Brad immediately said no haha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They don't even look at the chat, which frankly I find a bit annoying. What's the point of the chat if you're not going to interact with it a bit.

So people can chat?

What's the point of having comments if they only go there 0.1% of the time.

Deadstar

1. chat is for the community first
2. chat is then for them to look up questions and ask for feedback.

Exactly. It would be annoying if the chat was dictating everything Brad should do. It's about him experiencing the game on his own with Vinny telling him some of the obscure stuff he'd never figure out.

If it was the other way around it would be "Giant Bomb chat plays Demons' Souls".

Fox318

Exactly. It would be annoying if the chat was dictating everything Brad should do. It's about him experiencing the game on his own with Vinny telling him some of the obscure stuff he'd never figure out.

If it was the other way around it would be "Giant Bomb chat plays Demons' Souls".

X
X
L1
R3
▲
▲
O
O

I'm convinced Breaking Brad is a reverse troll on the audience. I've been broken way more watching Brad play DeS than Brad has been playing DeS.

derFeef

The initial idea was to experience DS alone without any help from chat and outside sources, but that got cancelled two videos in. I am OK with not interacting with the chat - feed the anger!

Please....it's mostly been him running round in circles asking for Vinnys reassurance before he does ANYTHING.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Please....it's mostly been him running round in circles asking for Vinnys reassurance before he does ANYTHING.

So it's like me asking my friend what to expect instead of listening to a bunch of strangers who are profusely breathing out of their mouths, typing with two fingers, and shitting themselves in anger that I'm not playing according to their liking. "The Right Way". Gotcha.

We've all been through the confusion.

Edit:
Where did I say that?
You implied it with your rant. Your words started it.

I haven't even played Demon's Souls or even got out of the Asylum on Dark Souls so I don't know what the "right" way of playing it is, but generally when I play games I don't waste time running around an NPC in circles asking wether I should kill someone but I don't want to be locked out of content later, but if I kill him I might get something I need, do I kill him, do I not kill him, I won't kill him.......block at the wrong time, attack at the wrong time, heal at the wrong time, OMG LIZAAAAAAARRRDSS RAAAAAAAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO etc.. then get help from a massively OP NPC character to kill a boss then say "oh it was easier than I thought it was going to be" despite one attack depleting all but a sliver of his health bar.

derFeef

I haven't even played Demon's Souls or even got out of the Asylum on Dark Souls so I don't know what the "right" way of playing it is, but generally when I play games I don't waste time running around an NPC in circles asking wether I should kill someone but I don't want to be locked out of content later, but if I kill him I might get something I need, do I kill him, do I not kill him, I won't kill him.......block at the wrong time, attack at the wrong time, heal at the wrong time, OMG LIZAAAAAAARRRDSS RAAAAAAAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO etc.. then get help from a massively OP NPC character to kill a boss then say "oh it was easier than I thought it was going to be" despite one attack depleting all but a sliver of his health bar.
I find the lizard thing funny. If Vinny would be playing all of you would love it. He has a similar style anyway.

Seriously. There's plenty to find annoying about Brad's playstyle. Saying it doesn't automatically make you an annoying elitist

People are more annoyed because it's Brad - it's tiresome.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
massively OP NPC character to kill a boss then say "oh it was easier than I thought it was going to be" despite one attack depleting all but a sliver of his health bar.

I find it weird that people keep on harping on this because, well, it's true for him isn't it? I really don't see what's wrong with what he said when biorr actually does trivialise the shit of that fight aka making it easy.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I find it weird that people keep on harping on this because, well, it's true for him isn't it? I really don't see what's wrong with what he said when biorr actually does trivialise the shit of that fight aka making it easy.

When Brad has been known for dismissing other opinions (even this week) about what other people have experienced?

Good. It was easy for him. I'm happy for him. But he has a tendency to make declarative statements about what he just experienced that make people upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom