• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Something to wash away the taste of the last page

5o8u5sj.png

I'm actually a huge F1 fan, Drew Fan and Danny fan so this is amazing.
Same here. Has Danny been a fan for a long time? I'm just not sure how much they'll have to talk about. Given that Drew doesn't, presumably, know much about the history of the sport, or watching it in different eras, it may be stale even for people who enjoy F1.

Oh and PvZ is $30 on PC, $40 on console. That's still way too much, if it was 15-20 it would have been great and I would probably get it because it does look fun.

Listening to the latest Bombcast at the moment. The conversataion between Jeff and Brad about Garden Warfare and Titanfall made me chuckle a little, that was pure nerdrage. As a ME3 MP fan i'm of course totally on Brads side. Titanfall and CoD pvp is always the same, your mind is always set on getting the quicker trigger finger on your enemies. That is not the case in ME3 MP pve, there was way more variety in how you aproach situations when dealing with single and groups of enemies.... have not played Garden Warfare and probably never will but the bombcast made me a little more interested in it than i was bevore.

TheJerit

I know. His arms especially look way bigger so I got curious.
Apparently asking such question makes me "out of touch" from human contact.

It shows you have no couth whatsoever and lack enough social interaction to know better than to say shit like that....

I mean seriously, some of y'all. what. the. fuck.

TheJerit

Never was interested in playing or even caring about Dark/Demon Souls that much, but damn if Brad and Vinny haven't turned me around. I still will probably never play DS, mostly due to time/attention span, but I really hope they stream their play-throughs. Really getting hooked on their Demon Soul run.

demidar

OTOH, I just picked up Demon's Souls again. While I'm not absolutely crushing it with my Dark Souls skills, I'm getting by briskly. I remembered how scared I was in 1-1 of Latria due to those tentaclefaces, but now I can just eat them alive with a shitty weapon.

Kerned

Banned
Same here. Has Danny been a fan for a long time? I'm just not sure how much they'll have to talk about. Given that Drew doesn't, presumably, know much about the history of the sport, or watching it in different eras, it may be stale even for people who enjoy F1.
I imagine that the appeal will be as much about the topic being discussed as it is about the people discussing it.

I finally saw Doomsday, the movie Ryan and Jeff talked about ages ago that they loved because it was stupid dumb fun on my Netflix DVD rental. I can see why Ryan loved it; campy, had dumb future tech, post-apocalyptic tribes, isolated people that reverted back to medival times, over the top villans on both sides.

LiK

Finally watched the latest Breaking Brad. Brad Firestorming that stupid invader put a tear to my eye. It was beautiful. Nice job Bradley.

If Brad is going to make runs at Old King Doran, he's going to have to roll and parry. Blocking will just get him killed with the amount of stamina he has.

Doran is incredibly tough with just pure melee. I was only doing 200 damage with parries having 40 DEX and a +5 Sharp Uchigatanta.

I ended up going with the Clever Rat's Ring, fighting him with 30% health, and not making a single mistake.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I let him live after getting the sword. He seems like a cool dude.

Erekiddo

Finally got a friend of mine interested in the Bombcast. Quick! Someone give me an episode to start him off on. I've heard hilarious ones lately, but can't pin which dates they were.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Isn't Doran
the final boss
...? Well, before that other joke one. Will the game end after he kills him?

Isn't Doran
the final boss
...? Well, before that other joke one. Will the game end after he kills him?

No. Doran is the founder of Boletaria. The final boss is
King Allant, Ostrava's father
although technically, you can fight the bosses in any order you want.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
No. Doran is the founder of Boletaria. The final boss is
King Allant, Ostrava's father
although technically, you can fight the bosses in any order you want.

Sorry, that's who I meant to refer to.
He was the final boss I killed, does the game not end when you kill him?

Zocano

Sorry, that's who I meant to refer to.
He was the final boss I killed, does the game not end when you kill him?

Nope. It ends when you
kill the last Archdemon. Most DeS players seem to prefer killing Allant last but he is not required to be the last Archdemon.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I always find it weird that the guys talk about some games being "summer holiday" games for kids with nothing but time--time that they'll never have again. Brad is approaching 800hours played of Dota 2, and didn't Vinny recently mention pouring 40+ hours into a game (I think it was AC4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom