• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well, Patrick got his 17-year-old wish about Tobal 2, they dumped that thing on the PSN store in Japanese only. Then again, it shouldn't matter, unless the Tobal story is worth reading or something.

Patryn

Thread went to some dark places.

In better places, the idea of a feature where Vinny plays every Castlevania game made my week. So exciting, my favorite series so having the crew play them all would be a treat.

At the very least, he should play some of the classic Castlevanias on UPF.

Although, a Bombastica from Vinny on the games would also suffice.

Zaph

Something to wash away the taste of the last page

5o8u5sj.png

Fevaweva

Man the Giant Bomb fans can be really weird. Moreso than most other fans of websites.

I don't like F1 but I would totally listen to that. I mean, I don't watch wrestling but I sure as shit listen to the Powerbombcast

Aaron

Powerbombcast is great the same way EVE Online stories are great. You get to hear about something crazy without the tedium of actually sitting through it.

erawsd

Powerbombcast is great the same way EVE Online stories are great. You get to hear about something crazy without the tedium of actually sitting through it.

lol yeah. I haven't really watched wrestling in 10 years, but I love listening to Powerbombcast.

Brashnir

this is gonna be some uber niche stuff. I'm not interested enough with F1 to listen.

Same, but it's cool that they're doing it, and who knows - maybe it will bring some traffic to the site from F1 fans who may not have been familiar with it.

Patryn

Spookin' starts 30 minutes before Brad Souls.

What's up with the competing streams?

That's not a huge deal. I love GB, but when's the last time that a stream from the home office actually started on time? The current 30 minute buffer will give Patrick a good 45 minutes to an hour for Spookin' (although that would be a much shorter Spookin' ep than usual).

faridmon

Why am I not surprised that there are couple of assholes around here. Disrespectful to say the least.

I personally think Brad looks fine.

Anyways, I really don't like how the site have become so obsessed with Demon Soul recently. I must be the only person who have no interest in those games at all.

Anyways, I really don't like how the site have become so obsessed with Demon Soul recently. I must be the only person who have no interest in those games at all.

I remember an old podcast where Vinny talked about taking home the office copy of Demon's Souls. Jeff said it was fine because "None of us are ever going to play it, so go ahead."

And here we are with Jeff being the only one of the crew who doesn't like Souls games.

Fox318

To recap.

Patrick hates Brad.

Brad hates Patrick and Jeff.

Ryan hated Brad.

Alex hates himself.

Vinny loves everyone.

Jeff hates everything.

Drew isn't programmed for human emotions.

You forgot one:

Patrick loves FFVII fanfiction and adult scenes.

Lunzio

Why am I not surprised that there are couple of assholes around here. Disrespectful to say the least.

I personally think Brad looks fine.

You're not the only one. I'll tune in every so often just to hear the banter of the streams but I got my fill after LoLS. I'd need Vinny to be playing in order to be personally interested because of the silly little things he does.

Mechazawa

Brad was pretty adamant on the PvZ GW Quick Look that $60 was too much money for a multiplayer only shooter.

He was pretty adamant that 60 dollars would be too much for Plants vs Zombies.

Which probably isn't that unpopular of an opinion. I seriously thought it was a F2P game until a couple of weeks ago.

Fox318

Brad was pretty adamant on the PvZ GW Quick Look that $60 was too much money for a multiplayer only shooter.

If there is enough content I don't see why $60 would be too much. How much money has the average TF2 spent on keys and items? What about CS:GO players with Keys and passes? If F2P games can cost that much I don't see why a relase game can't cost as much. If you take the single player out of Battlefield 4 it still wouldn't impact the value of the game in my opinion.

FluxWaveZ

If there is enough content I don't see why $60 would be too much. How much money has the average TF2 spent on keys and items? What about CS:GO players with Keys and passes? If F2P games can cost that much I don't see why a relase game can't cost as much.

F2P games don't cost anything. They are free.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'd probably be interested in that F1 podcast, but as much as I enjoy Drew's involvement in GB, he is frequently responsible for dead-air pauses on the bombcast and often takes a while to say what he wants to say (sometimes ending up with not really making much of a point at all). Not really a criticism of him, I just don't find him particularly enjoyable to listen to in podcast form. Maybe he'll be better on his own podcast though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Rewatching the North Korea chat video at the moment. Out of all the stuff GB have done this has got to be one of my favourites. So interesting.

It's really one of the best pieces of content they produced. Some really great Ryan humour in addition to the interesting subject matter itself.

p2535748

God what I would give to see Ryan's facial expression after Brad uttered "left trigger, right trigger" on the podcast. :(

I feel like people are really pulling this out of context and blowing it out of proportion. It's clear what he meant. He prefers games where different classes have different ways of interacting with other players rather than just shooting them. I would hope anyone could see that there is a difference between something like TF2 and something like CoD.

To be clear, I think he's wrong about the lack of strategy, I think there's a different type of strategy involved and for some people it's just as (or more) fun, but I get his general point. He likes games where there's a big difference between classes, and in something like Titanfall, the differences are minor when compared to something like TF2.

FWIW, I'm buying Titanfall and have virtually no interest in PvZ, but I can at least understand his argument.

I feel like people are really pulling this out of context and blowing it out of proportion. It's clear what he meant. He prefers games where different classes have different ways of interacting with other players rather than just shooting them.

I agree, I just would love to have Ryan in the middle of that conversation.

Hell, I probably prefer those games too Brad.

erawsd

I feel like people are really pulling this out of context and blowing it out of proportion. It's clear what he meant. He prefers games where different classes have different ways of interacting with other players rather than just shooting them. I would hope anyone could see that there is a difference between something like TF2 and something like CoD.

To be clear, I think he's wrong about the lack of strategy, I think there's a different type of strategy involved and for some people it's just as (or more) fun, but I get his general point. He likes games where there's a big difference between classes, and in something like Titanfall, the differences are minor when compared to something like TF2.

FWIW, I'm buying Titanfall and have virtually no interest in PvZ, but I can at least understand his argument.

I don't know if its that clear. If he had just said "I prefer class based shooters", I doubt anyone would challenge him on that. Instead, his argument from the start was "I don't like team shooters because they lack strategy.".. which is what Jeff took offense to.

I prefer class based shooters too, but I wouldn't qualify that by saying reg shooters offer no strategy beyond who can kill faster.

derFeef

If there is enough content I don't see why $60 would be too much. How much money has the average TF2 spent on keys and items? What about CS:GO players with Keys and passes? If F2P games can cost that much I don't see why a relase game can't cost as much. If you take the single player out of Battlefield 4 it still wouldn't impact the value of the game in my opinion.

PvZ is not 60$ though.

Dany

Banned
I feel like that the crew is over assuming kids. They either like call of duty or minecraft and there's no room for an in between for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom