• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryckert is now overlord of polygon

justin mcelroy, ben kuchera, and arthur gies have fused into a single being and are the new gaint bomb hire

OMG Aero

just realized how weird UPF is going to be today, unless they get someone to come in.
Today's UPF will have a sombre tone, no-one will play any games and everyone will be sat looking sadly at the empty chair in front of the PC.
Then Rorie walks in and complains about vending machines.

GavinGT

Banned
Dan Rykert is the best thing that could possibly happen. I've been watching Game Informer's Super Replays, and he's seriously entertaining. He's got that sort of "big personality" that's been missing since Ryan died.

2RzGC8D.png
wimj8tN.png

I'm not announcing my new gig yet, but I'm looking forward to having some very important thoughts about the gaming industry.
First piece for the new gig is called "Swinging Locks." I'm giving the animator who gave life to Dixie Kong's ponytail his 27,000 word due.
Next up is "Switching Gear." Were frequent users of AKI Man in WCW/NWO Revenge more prone to developing latex fetishes later in life?
That one is 56,000 words and features seven embedded videos with the same production budget as Avatar 2.

okay yes this is clearly taking the piss out of polygon

komplanen

Had never heard of this guy, watched the E3 video with butt tumblr and now I want him on GB. The polygon avatar has to be a joke, right? I can't stand this roller coaster of emotions :-(

Lijik

ryckert is now overlord of polygon

justin mcelroy, ben kuchera, and arthur gies have fused into a single being and are the new gaint bomb hire

a single being with one head, or a single being with multiple heads like a games journalism zaphod beeblebrox? this is an important factor

sub_o

It's gonna be GiantBomb.

Are you telling me that he's gonna join Polygon where no one over there is talking about wrestling?

Are you telling me that, the author of Air Force Gator is gonna join Polygon to write 'serious' articles?

amardilo

I really do love this speculation about who this new Giant Bomb staff member is. For some reason it reminds me of old school WCW/nWo stuff (who the 3rd man was).

Only if it is Dan Rykert that would be awesome and it's more of a case of a cool "heel" joining a cool "heel" stable/video game website.

I do hope the Dan Rykert Polygon twitter avatar is trolling and he just shows up on Giant Bombs E3 live show as the new staff member.

@DanRyckert: Next up is "Switching Gear." Were frequent users of AKI Man in WCW/NWO Revenge more prone to developing latex fetishes later in life?

@DanRyckert: That one is 56,000 words and features seven embedded videos with the same production budget as Avatar 2.

Lol

JayEH

I hope they get Dan. I've seen him in a few videos with the bomb crew and they seem still gel well together. And if he's moving out west, I doubt he's going to Polygon since they're in New York I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom