• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

Super interesting that worms ends up being the blind spot of Jeff and Brad's video game knowledge. I thought everyone knew worms super well.

TylerD

My source tells me there is a good chance the new hire is an opened year old bag of Funyuns. Is still better than Brad at video games.

Myggen

Are they not gonna quicklook Mario Kart 8?

As usual Nintendo has a different embargo for review and longform video of a game. Nintendo's old school like that. They mentioned on the Bombcast(?) that the embargo for video goes up on release day. So expect the QL the day of release.

Patryn

I'm sure Danny'll be there.

Probably. Guessing they may also try to wrangle Alexis to show up.

What I'm wondering is what the lineup for the Bombcast is next week. I'd really like to see them try to get Danny for the time being.... and then pull a Patrick where he just becomes a regular out of inertia.

We're the new hire. All of us. Introducing Your Bomb, a next generation cross media platform for sharing your experiences with the games you love, at home or on the go. To tell us more about this exciting new project,

We're the new hire. All of us. Introducing Your Bomb, a next generation cross media platform for sharing your experiences with the games you love, at home or on the go. To tell us more about this exciting new project,

fSCpXPM.jpg

BearPawB

Banned
OMG if it is Dan Ryckert I will crap myself with excitement.

Dan is GREAT.

He just tweeted that it was his last day at GI. and is "moving out west for his next gig"

sub_o

OMG if it is Dan Rykert I will crap myself with excitement.

Dan is GREAT.

He just tweeted that it was his last day at GI. and is "moving out west for his next gig"

Fuck yeah, that also means that Wrestling podcast will happen more frequently.

Here's the quote from http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/editors/b/gidan_blog/archive/2014/05/30/saying-goodbye-to-game-informer.aspx

If you're a fan of watching my dumb ass on videos, I assure you that there will be a damn near intolerable amount of that happening in the near future.

komplanen

OMG if it is Dan Rykert I will crap myself with excitement.

Dan is GREAT.

Never heard of this guy. What's his YouTube channel?

People should also star digging up dirt on these potential hires so we can get disappointed before they start and have time to get over it.

GuyKazama

It has to be Dan, which is the best possible pick. Maybe they were just waiting for him to announce leaving GI before making it official.

Xater

It has to be Dan, which is the best possible pick. Maybe they were just waiting for him to announce leaving GI before making it official.

Alex just retweeted Dan leaving Game Informer. Now this would be an amazing hire.

Now Dan tweeted he is moving to San Francisco...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@DanRyckert
I'm moving to San Francisco, so I'd love any leads on semi-affordable apartments in that horrible cesspool of a city.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How they managed to Quicklook Worms without playing multiplayer is beyond me.

WAIT. Dan Ryckert? This is too good to be true. This can't be true

BearPawB

Banned
Never heard of this guy. What's his YouTube channel?

He works at game informer, and is basically the guy that does all the crazy stupid stuff.

he has a great series where he gets his dad in to come play games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUl9mc7gn4&list=PLB48C10BB584A0D4C&index=3

Dan has been involved in many of game informers "super replays" which are basically endurance runs (of usually awful games)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3xtCUdF3X0&list=PLjoffsOTwLrPZFiigHU9irQMftn7sm89i

Give me a bit to search for more specific stuff. But he is a really funny guy, that often pushes peoples buttons in the best ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom