• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
Toby Flenderson's brother was a nice edition to UPF this week.

Also, Brad don't care.
GHhJRBC.gif

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping the Quick Look that was removed would be there. No luck, looks like it's gone for good. :( I can't remember the name but it was the fighting game with historical fighters and you could cut limbs off in a really crazy way. I think it was Jeff and Ryan, it was so funny and then apparently they were forced to remove it.

Related fun fact: There was a lost and the damned quick look that got removed because rockstar bitched about putting it up before release or something like that, it was up for awhile i think and then it got removed and now it's impossible to watch.

They could certainly do the Playstation one, but the Microsoft and EA ones are at pretty bad times for them.

The Microsoft one is at a REALLY bad time and it'll probably only be an hour long.

EA's is apparently 2 fucking hours and I have no idea what they could possibly show to fill 2 hours.

The Microsoft one is at a REALLY bad time and it'll probably only be an hour long.

EA's is apparently 2 fucking hours and I have no idea what they could possibly show to fill 2 hours.

2 hours of Conceptual Prototypes or one solid hour of FIFA.

well they can't do worse than E3, right?

This is EA we are talking about. I think the worst is yet to come.

Although i think the Gametime/Free games on Origin is pretty awesome.

EA is fucking weird man.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Apparently the E3 appointment was also booked for 2 hours but it was a 1 hour presentation and the other hour reserved so the press could play the demos.

What would be the Giant Bomb time for the conferences? I am trying to work it out, but cannot figure out you're American numbers.

I think someone said Sony's would be around 10 am for them.

I'm not expecting streams like that, for E3 it was logical since they were there anyway (it was a choice between going to the conferences or talking over them), last year's Gamescom was building up for the console launches.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing an impromptu stream for the Sony event.

daydream

Banned
Catching up on UPF. Brad bringing the King's Quest magic. I love that series so much.

smh @ the cedric hate, though

"GRRRRAAHAM!"

5AM Tuesday for Microsoft
10AM Tuesday for Sony
1AM Wednesday for EA

Eeek. I would not blame them for skipping the whole thing. Sony maybe (on its own) as an early morning thing, but I feel they would not do one without doing the other (MS). EA could just be skipped regardless. Having people traveling to work at 3 / 4 AM seem too much to ask.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Man, youtube must suck if you live in Germany. Seemingly every video that gets hit with a copyright notice is only blocked in Germany.

eTozqAD.png

Zaph

I really fucking hope people watch the WiiU launch day live stream, because I just had to re-render a 6 hour video thanks to Twitch's broken segments. Ugh.

I really fucking hope people watch the WiiU launch day live stream, because I just had to re-render a 6 hour video thanks to Twitch's broken segments. Ugh.

I've never seen it! I will probably watch it!

Any particular reason you didn't break it into 2 hour chunks? That probably would have been less painful.

daydream

Banned
wtf, Germany. Censors everything, blocks everything, weirdly comfortable with public nudity.

To be fair, the "video games + violence" stigma is not nearly as prevalent anymore as it once was, mainly because bigoted politicians can't really score any votes with that subject these days. USK's guidelines are completely outdated, on top of that.

We can thank GEMA for the YT roadblocks. Copyright law is even more outdated than Jugendschutz.

Volotaire

I remember that. A classic stream. From the Jeff no gif, to Patrick's realisation that you could not log into another Wii U with his NNID.

I hope people who don't own a Wii U but are considering one don't watch the video, because I remember it not giving the best impression. It wasn't exactly inaccurate for the time, but it's so much better now.

Zaph

I've never seen it! I will probably watch it!

Any particular reason you didn't break it into 2 hour chunks? That probably would have been less painful.

Unnecessarily breaking videos up into chunks is the work of the devil.

What format were they in? There are free programs available to join them without needing to render.

FLV containers, h264/AAC codec. The 720p version was missing a 30min chuck. Had to grab the missing chunk from the 480p version, and replace it. No way to easily to join/mux files that differ in bitrate and res.

What format were they in? There are free programs available to join them without needing to render.

justjim89

no you don't

if it's a three button suit you can do middle, top middle, or just top if you're feeling fiesty

if it's two just the top

if it's one well there's only one button there to use

and he's clearly not wearing a riding blazer nor do i think he could find a paddock cut anywhere

Then why the fuck even put the bottom button on the suit if you're not supposed to button it?

popo

I still think they will stream at least the Sony conference - but don't expect them to decide until the day. If enough people are in by 10 and the stream is stable then why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom