• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
FLV containers, h264/AAC codec. The 720p version was missing a 30min chuck. Had to grab the missing chunk from the 480p version, and replace it. No way to easily to join/mux files that differ in bitrate and res.

You could have encoded just the 480p version with the same settings as the HD file (after extracting from FLV container and creating mp4) and joined them through MP4Box

Myggen

I still think they will stream at least the Sony conference - but don't expect them to decide until the day. If enough people are in by 10 and the stream is stable then why not.

Don't they normally begin work at 10 though? Seems like they would have to decide the day before. I hope they do stream at least the Sony conference.

Alexis is there at like 7am. He'll just do it himself.

actually while that was a joke I'd totally watch Alexis talk to himself for two hours.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I guess 30 minutes of Garbage Day is lost to the ethers of time. I'll upload the remaining pieces.

Then why the fuck even put the bottom button on the suit if you're not supposed to button it?

It has to do with the drape of the suit. Try on a two/three button jacket and take pics with everything buttoned or with the lowest button unbuttoned. The unbuttoned jacket looks way better, trust me.

It's also a custom to do so suit-wise. Whether or not it derives from the King Edward's story (according to the story he became so fat that the lower button of his jacket had to be left open) doesn't really matter.

The GB archived stuff is good stuff. Well done whoever is doing that.

Also remember when Brad was into Starcraft 2?

Hey remember Starcraft 2?

Watching the Blackbay Asylum Quick Look; I like how Steam Greenlight has allowed late '90s PC game aesthetic philosophy (or lack thereof) to continue into the modern--

Wait is that a bloody asshole

Watching the Blackbay Asylum Quick Look; I like how Steam Greenlight has allowed late '90s PC game aesthetic philosophy (or lack thereof) to continue into the modern--

Wait is that a bloody asshole

That was...not a good game. Small team yah, but yeesh: set a low bar and still didn't clear it.

i was just thinking, wasn't there supposed to be a new spookin with scoops? at least it was on the schedule, but i can't find anything.

Tucah

you speak so well
i was just thinking, wasn't there supposed to be a new spookin with scoops? at least it was on the schedule, but i can't find anything.

I want to say the last time I looked it was Tuesday night so it's probably just not showing up because of ALL THE CONTENT before then.

Dan tweeted this image, yes that's a beer bong.

ButExYtCMAAhO1U.jpg

Edit: Beaten by a minute.

Myggen

It's still on the schedule for Tuesday, but the schedule on the site can only show 5 items at a time, so it's been pushed off for now.

This Chrome extension shows every item on the schedule, which is useful.

Dan tweeted this image, yes that's a beer bong.

[IMGhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/ButExYtCMAAhO1U.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: Beaten by a minute.

He had George Clinton in one of his films?!

Zaph

You could have encoded just the 480p version with the same settings as the HD file (after extracting from FLV container and creating mp4) and joined them through MP4Box
That's what I tried first, no dice. Even if you match the encoding settings as close as possible, it's still mismatched because they're processed using two different H264 encoding binaries. The video just stopped playing as soon as you hit the 4hr 30min mark. Muxing/joining is really only 'safe' when the same encoder is used - especially if you don't want to then have problems with Youtube's process.

Eh, I don't mind. Someone out there might want to see the full thing in one go without the trimmed out segments, right? Right??

Haunted

My god, the Homer Simpsons analogy is scarily accurate.

man-getting-hit-by-football-o.gif

They have to lure Dan away from the office when some of GB's indie game auteur friends come over to visit or it's going to be a massacre. Keep him busy with an all you can eat Taco Bell coupon or something.

I now have pretty much all of Giant Bomb's Twitch videos from 2010 to 2014, and in 720p from early 2011 onwards (there are still some videos that have URLs that you simply can't download or view any more). This equates to:

1,422 videos.
754 GB.

BearPawB

Banned
I now have pretty much all of Giant Bomb's Twitch videos from 2010 to 2014, and in 720p from early 2011 onwards (there are still some videos that have URLs that you simply can't download or view any more). This equates to:

1,422 videos.
754 GB.

I think you and whoever else is contributing to the unarchived stuff, should get lifetime site passes. Like holy cow, what an endeavor.

It is so appreciated though!

Who wants to send more fridges?!?

Myggen

They have to lure Dan away from the office when some of GB's indie game auteur friends come over to visit or it's going to be a massacre. Keep him busy with an all you can eat Taco Bell coupon or something.

I think he's actually a fan of Gone Home and similar games like that. As a guy who's watched his fair share of shitty pretentious student films, I pretty much agree with his quote even if it's of course a big generalization.

Fox318

So no Dan and Patrick stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom