• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
3.png

Alright, all unarchived TNTs are done. :) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1eolj9LkdaDB0gH3t-iMY5bUOkBUB2wN

We need some help with uploading the longer shows. I especially want to get to all of the e3 afterhours streams. If you (no juniors, be active in the thread) have a nice connection and would be willing to help, please PM me.

Zaph

3.png

Alright, all unarchived TNTs are done. :) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1eolj9LkdaDB0gH3t-iMY5bUOkBUB2wN

We need some help with uploading the longer shows. I especially want to get to all of the e3 afterhours streams. If you (no juniors, be active in the thread) have a nice connection and would be willing to help, please PM me.

I have a fat pipe and could queue a bunch of shit while at work. Do you have a list of streams you could assign? Fuck museums, we're literally preserving history here.

Edit: shit PM'd

daydream

Banned
We were talking about Western games in the last thread (paging HotColdman), so I felt like I needed to post this here: Hard West KS

Edit: Accidentally linked to my post in the thread, oops.

Hoo-doo

Banned
3.png

Awesome work! I'll be watching these for sure. Subbed.

I wish TNT came back. Maybe less of the one duder against the community, but just four of them playing couch-coop games and shouting to eachother. Those are always the best quicklooks.

Volotaire

3.png

WOW! I might be able to help later on uploading one or two videos. Come to think of it, I've never actually uploaded anything to YouTube.

Myggen

I wish TNT came back. Maybe less of the one duder against the community, but just four of them playing couch-coop games and shouting to eachother. Those are always the best quicklooks.

Be careful what you wish for. TNT as a weekly feature was always a bad idea because there's not enough interesting multiplayer games out there to make that fun unless you want games to be repeating quite often. I'm okay with them making it a semi-regular feature, but only if they're playing games they want to play and not the newest shooter or whatever.

If we're talking classic Bombcasts, this one is pretty great. Jared Rea as a guest, with the classic Hot97 promos and as much Zojirushi as you can take.

nice link :D

what's your stance on wrestling? I quite like the Powerbomb Cast
but then I also like wrestling.

Be careful what you wish for. TNT as a weekly feature was always a bad idea because there's not enough interesting multiplayer games out there to make that fun unless you want games to be repeating quite often. I'm okay with them making it a semi-regular feature, but only if they're playing games they want to play and not the newest shooter or whatever.

as someone who has tried to go back and watch a bunch of old TNTs in a row, I can confirm this. only like 1 in 3 of them was probably actually worth doing on their part. At least in the first year or two of TNTs.

On the other hand, if they had just decided to play Dead Island co-op each week until they beat it, I would have subscribed a second time if it was even possible.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Dig back into the old catalog, it doesn't have to be new stuff.

I loved the Mario Party 64 thing they did last week. So fucking good.

Tucah

you speak so well

My personal hope is that the Mario Party feature will evolve into them just playing couch co-op after they're done with the series.

Pudge

3.png

I'm happy that this is a project :D

After I saw that they weren't going to upload Danny's recent charity stream, I spent two months uploading it to YouTube, so feel free to link to it on your channel. One less thing to do.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGZzj3oUhxhtBvOqf_hSyaey-BQ8qFTVB

I don't have a great connection, but I'm willing to help with more if you need more duders.

Myggen

nice link :D

what's your stance on wrestling? I quite like the Powerbomb Cast
but then I also like wrestling.

I haven't really watched any wrestling for about four years, but I still think the Powerbombcast is really good. It's not difficult to get what's happening in the wrestling world when you've been a fan before, and they've got a good chemistry going over there with Jared and "New Guy" as the two regulars who aren't part of GB.

The site needs more Jared. He should guest on the Bombcast soon, been too long.

edit: Also, yeah, I see that I fucked up that previous link! Here's the Bombcast I was referring to: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-03-29-2011/1600-220/?page=32

Dig back into the old catalog, it doesn't have to be new stuff.

I loved the Mario Party 64 thing they did last week. So fucking good.

The Mario Party stream is seriously one of the best streams they've ever done. So I agree with you there! I'm just not sure if I want them to make a weekly TNT-like feature, even if you could dig back into the back catalog quite a bit. I'd prefer a more occasional feature where they play couch games that one or more of the crew have a lot of love for, like Mario Party.

We need a Mario Party 2 stream this week. Someone who's on Twitter needs to tweet Dan about it!

Darklord

Banned
3.png

I was hoping the Quick Look that was removed would be there. No luck, looks like it's gone for good. :( I can't remember the name but it was the fighting game with historical fighters and you could cut limbs off in a really crazy way. I think it was Jeff and Ryan, it was so funny and then apparently they were forced to remove it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also, not a complaint as I appreciate the work put into it, but is the compression in the twitch archive originally or was it due to downloading and uploading to youtube? Just curious.

Giant Bomb Unarrived workers are heroes!

I would love to help, but I have 6Mbps up / 2Mbps down, and 120GB total up/down limit a month, so I cannot :/

fuzzyset

For older podcasts, usually a good place is around a big game. Fall releases and such. Other than that just pick randomly! In the 5 years I've been listening, nearly all are entertaining. Especially for long haul trips.

Recall

If one was to say get themselves a premium account for a month which premium content from the last 2 years is worth watching. Mario Party is a given, what else? Thanks.

Zaph

God, Twitch can go eat a giant dick. Live streams have random segments missing which makes automating the process a nightmare.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Also, not a complaint as I appreciate the work put into it, but is the compression in the twitch archive originally or was it due to downloading and uploading to youtube? Just curious.

The first few TNTs are from ustream, which are horribly compressed. We're taking the best quality archive from twitch, which will obviously be more compressed. The quality gets better the later the date.

God, Twitch can go eat a giant dick. Live streams have random segments missing which makes automating the process a nightmare.
Try the jdownloader method. It should parse everything and put it into its own folder, then you just have to join them.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124278503&postcount=19117

Tucah

you speak so well
If one was to say get themselves a premium account for a month which premium content from the last 2 years is worth watching. Mario Party is a given, what else? Thanks.

The thing from the OP, which was already given is a good guide. Also Bioforge (which starts in an UPF) is fantastic and some of the more recent stuff has been great as well - Demo Derby's pretty good, the POG segment from last week's UPF, Vinny's Bot Colony and Velvet Sundown streams.

Oh, and the Dark/Demon's Souls streams, if that's your thing.

kvk1

Myggen

The thing from the OP, which was already given is a good guide. Also Bioforge (which starts in an UPF) is fantastic and some of the more recent stuff has been great as well - Demo Derby's pretty good, the POG segment from last week's UPF, Vinny's Bot Colony and Velvet Sundown streams.

Oh, and the Dark/Demon's Souls streams, if that's your thing.

I'll add Breaking Brad: Volgarr the Viking to that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All the breaking brads are great as a way to affirm the strength of human spirit, sinking one's self into the lowest possible depth, only to discover that one is only limited by their own resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom