• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

People are self-centered. I mean, which character did Patrick play as in Spelunkin' with Scoops?

reach-out-hand-300.jpg

erawsd

You do if it's a two button suit, unless you're a hipster dickhead.

It doesnt matter how many buttons you've got and its def not a hipster thing. It actually has to do with the way suits are cut and alterated. The assumption is that the bottom button is left undone, so if you do button it you end up with tightness and the weird "bunching" that Patrick has going on in that picture.

valeo

It doesnt matter how many buttons you've got and its def not a hipster thing. It actually has to do with the way suits are cut and alterated. The assumption is that the bottom button is left undone, so if you do button it you end up with tightness and the weird "bunching" that Patrick has going on in that picture.

I wont profess to be a suit snob, but this to me looks just as stupid;

twobutton.jpg

Did you people really just waste half a page talking about whether someone should button the bottom button on a suit? Who fucking cares.

Weekend thread is the worst.

Did you people really just waste half a page talking about whether someone should button the bottom button on a suit? Who fucking cares.

Weekend thread is the worst.

I can just imagine a pair of sweatpants or a wifebeater, struck by a lightning bolt or some shit, given life for the sole purpose of making this post.

Myggen

That commercial is the most 90's ass 90's thing I have ever, ever seen. It's exactly what I was hoping for. Pastels? Check. Rollerblades? Check. Adult in a suit explaining 'street slang' in a monotone voice? CHECK. Misspelled 'street slang' (fat instead of phat)? _CHECK_.

It's beautiful.

I agree, it's close to the most 90s thing I've ever seen. Glorious stuff.

Oh fuck off Internet.

It's the worst.

Alucrid

Banned
You do if it's a two button suit, unless you're a hipster dickhead.

no you don't

if it's a three button suit you can do middle, top middle, or just top if you're feeling fiesty

if it's two just the top

if it's one well there's only one button there to use

and he's clearly not wearing a riding blazer nor do i think he could find a paddock cut anywhere

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Patrick would benefit so much from shaving that thing off his chin and hitting the gym.
I know he's a runner, but it's simply impossible to look 'adult' when your shoulders are as wide as an Xbox game case.

If people want to argue about how a suit jacket should be buttoned, whatever, but this seems really unnecessary and mean.

Volotaire

i have discovered a solution to arguing over patrick's shirts/stories/choices/opinions/existence.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nopat/fmcmeemfbnepjnokbgdfefpkdgfkobpj

Does the irrational hatred of Patrick have to transcend into creating an extension that filters all his content? I understand that some people may dislike or not prefer some people on the site. But does disliking Patrick mean that you dislike any of his content and views. In my opinion, I think this is just plain absurd.

Nibel

The hatred against Patrick is one of the most pathetic things in the entire GB community; irrational, internet bullshit that is annoying as hell.

Goldmund

Patrick would benefit so much from shaving that thing off his chin and hitting the gym.
I know he's a runner, but it's simply impossible to look 'adult' when your shoulders are as wide as an Xbox game case.

Still love the guy, of course. But he can't make a suit work.
You'd send Patrick to the gym? He could definitely make a suit work, if it were a suit tailored to him. That jacket looks hand-me-down, maybe he was going for that look. As for not looking 'adult', if that's even so desirable, -- again, Patrick?

Hoo-doo

Banned
You'd send Patrick to the gym? He could definitely make a suit work, if it were a suit tailored to him. That jacket looks hand-me-down, maybe he was going for that look. As for not looking 'adult', if that's even so desirable, -- again, Patrick?

I edited my post. But yes, I would. He's obviously interested in exercise and general health so he'd probably stick with it sooner than anyone else.

Zaph

The hatred against Patrick is one of the most pathetic things in the entire GB community; irrational, internet bullshit that is annoying as hell.
Luckily it's just a tiny percentage of cunts that can't get over it, and it hardly ever surfaces in this thread.

In fact, in a way it's oddly reassuring. If he's pissing off the bottom feeders of the internet, surely he's doing something right?

Myggen

Luckily it's just a tiny percentage of cunts that can't get over it, and it hardly ever surfaces in this thread.

In fact, in a way it's oddly reassuring. If he's pissing off the bottom feeders of the internet, surely he's doing something right?

Yeah, for the most part those people aren't on the GB forum anymore either. They're mostly relegated to downvoting his videos on Youtube and screaming in the comment section there.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The thumbs down-ing of the youtube videos is the weirdest for me. That takes some creepy dedication on behalf of the 50-100 people who do it to every bombin' that goes up. There's probably a couple of dudes with multiple accounts thrown in there too.

Myggen

The thumbs down-ing of the youtube videos is the weirdest for me. That takes some creepy dedication on behalf of the 50-100 people who do it to every bombin' that goes up. There's probably a couple of dudes with multiple accounts thrown in there too.

The guy who made the petition a couple of years ago to get Patrick fired from the site probably has at least 10 YT accounts for that exact purpose.

Volotaire

It's odd to read the Gamespot comments of the Giantbomb quicklook videos uploaded over there. Half of them seem to enjoy it, while the other half completely miss the point and usually take a lot of the talk or ignorance of the crew literally.

It's odd to read the Gamespot comments of the Giantbomb quicklook videos uploaded over there. Half of them seem to enjoy it, while the other half completely miss the point and usually take a lot of the talk or ignorance of the crew literally.

Look at the top comments of a news story on Gamespot and it will probably be "xbots suckz" or something like that sadly.

Tucah

you speak so well
Well I'm glad I missed all the Patrick suit buttoning news in this thread. Any updates on the important stuff, aka POG official rules?

sub_o

Edit: Oh sorry posted in wrong thread, didn't realise that this is Selfies [OT]. Need to search for GB thread again.

Myggen

Suits can be cool to wear on special occasions, and I liked doing that before. But after working in a job where I have to wear a suit every day I'm tired of it. And yeah, I bought a couple of really good tailored suits when I started this line of work about three years ago. It didn't help.

Still, I can see why people like wearing suits. Not for me though.

Zaph

Have you tried a more breathable suit, like an open weave wool one? I've found many people who don't enjoy wearing suits often feel like that because their skin/body type doesn't get on with the fabric. Go to your favourite tailor and ask to see their high-humidity selection (even if you don't live in a humid climate).

Being comfortable in your work attire is more important than people give it credit for.

Myggen

Have you tried a more breathable suit, like an open weave wool one? I've found many people who don't enjoy wearing suits often feel like that because their skin/body type doesn't get on with the fabric. Go to your favourite tailor and ask to see their high-humidity selection (even if you don't live in a humid climate).

Being comfortable in your work attire is more important than people give it credit for.

Yeah, I've considered something like that and might give it a shot. I've got some pretty breathable material already, but might just go all out. I live in Norway so we don't have the most hot and humid climate, but it can still be hell in the summer especially.

Suits (not the TV show) |OT|

edit: Quite the thumbnail for the Blackbay Asylum QL!

Haunted

plot twist: all those downvotes on the YT videos are actually aimed at Alex

Who, btw, has finally managed to establish himself as a quality contributor now that he has Vinny at his side helping out video production.

Myggen

Who, btw, has finally managed to establish himself as a quality contributor now that he has Vinny at his side helping out video production.

Yeah, I agree. He even said himself that he loved getting out of the house to an actual office and having Vinny there producing stuff. At times I almost forgot he was part of the site before GBNY happened, but now I really like him in the QLs and live shows they've done.

Tucah

you speak so well

Alex is the perfect partner for Vinny - he can either play it sort of straight or fully embrace Vinny's silliness. I'm glad he's popping up in so much content now.

Hey, any suggestions on audio-only content to listen to? Leaving for Japan tomorrow, and I could use some stuff to listen to on the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom