• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame we'll probably never see an english version Yakuza 5 because it's almost definitely the best in the series, and I think it could win over people that were kind of on the fence about those games. Maybe even Dan would like it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Did Dan actually play through Yakuza? I always thought I wouldn't like it before I played 3 and ended up loving it. Still haven't played 4.

I hope they do a P.T. Demo Quick Look soon.

Pat did an almost full playthrough of the teaser last night.

Tucah

you speak so well
I really want to replay the Yakuza series but don't want to dig out my PS2, wish we got the HD collection over here (or at the very least got the games as PS2 Classics)

On a GB related note, it's starting to get late-ish and still no word of a stream. Maybe we're not going to get anything today.

Myggen

I'm at work at 10pm, and while waiting for a phone call so I can finally go home I'm editing the TGS 2012 page in the GB Wiki. Man, I need to look at my life here.

If there is no stream tonight, I am finally going to sit down and play Kirby's Epic Yarn fore the first time - so it is Win Win for me.

I would rather the DDP Yoga stream I foresaw in my imagination though

Tucah

you speak so well
If there's no stream I'll spend that time playing a couple more hours of Persona 4 then I planned.

Persona 4 is pretty good you guys, even knowing what's going to happen (because I watched the ER). I've been considering rewatching/listening to the ER during grinding sections for some double P4 action.

popo

What is this I hear about Jeff doing a super early mixlr this morning (local time)? Sounds like it could be them recording off site rather than a live thing.

URy5oyK.gif

Tucah

you speak so well
What is this I hear about Jeff doing a super early mixlr this morning (local time)? Sounds like it could be them recording off site rather than a live thing.

Some sort of offsite content would be fantastic, I hope it's that now.

Volotaire

The Long Dark joins the long list of survival open world games that I won't have time to play. I do particularly like the aesthetic though.

Gandie

How can people even play something like PT? It scares the fuck out of me in a tiny tiny window with Patrick commentating.

jgminto

I didn't think PT was really that scary. I loved the psychological stuff but the jump scares were...jump scares. They didn't really add anything and just looked stupid after you'd seen them once. And the game basically forces you to see some of them at least once so it ruins them itself.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I feel like people need more context for DDP yoga before this happens. For anybody unaware, DDP is a former professional wrestler. Roughly 15 years ago he had a tag team match with Jay Leno as his partner, another with Karl Malone as his partner (with Dennis Rodman as an opponent), and later lost the WCW title match to David Arquette. He's since become a motivational speaker/yoga DVD guru.

None of the people mentioned after DDP are professional wrestlers who took the name of a famous person, just in case you thought there might be a small level of sanity to any of this.

I feel like all of this information will better help some people understand why Dan Ryckert was so willing to buy the DDP Yoga program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom