• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit ! I'm listening to the Bombcast and Drew and Dan said they would play through the entire Metal Gear series !!!

I'M SO FUCKING PUMPED

LiK

I didn't know about the 2D/3D nonsense until I played DanganRonpa where that otaku character kept saying it. Fucking weird term.

Fox318

"Is that a thing anime dudes say? They call real girls 3Ds?"

793nLZ8.png

KingKong

The Long Dark looks pretty cool but I really don't like the whole calory count thing. It's weird to have a game that tries to be 'realistic' but also gives you lots of stats and numbers in menus

GolazoDan

Dan and Drew playing MGS would be amazing, especially since I played through the first game for the first time earlier this year. Totally badass game. They'll probably finish 2 before me, ha.

daydream

Banned
TharpDaddy is describing My Strange Addiction episodes to me (if you recall Jeff's story about the person that eats plastic) and I am simultaneously laughing, crying and shaking my head in disbelief.

LiK

I got to the MGS part in the Bombcast. Drew x Dan MGS Premium stream would be amazing. Fuck yea Dan, I love you.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There's one girl that bathes in bleach every day. She gets out when her skin starts burning, though, so it's fine.

My roommate was watching that show a few months back, the episode was about a girl who was eating hundreds of dollars of nail polish per month. They had her sit down with a doctor who explained "You can't do that shit, you can't fucking eat nail polish you god damned idiot"

Or, at least that's how I heard it because that's what I was screaming. He was probably unnecessarily polite about it all.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I genuinely wonder how many of these are actual people with actual problems, how many of these are staged, and how many of these are people doing knowingly doing whacky thins for a chance to be on TV

Myggen

I genuinely wonder how many of these are actual people with actual problems, how many of these are staged, and how many of these are people doing knowingly doing whacky thins for a chance to be on TV

Yeah, I don't trust any of these shows and just assume that it's all bullshit.

Interesting BEAST Quicklook and

at least we know they are paying attention to Dan's shenanigans LOLOLOL

Also glad that MGS playthrough idea is going through since its pretty interesting premise and Dan/Drew is quickly becoming a main contender for best QL group

Listened to the Bombcast last night and then passed out. I fucking lost it when Jeff started losing it at the Resident Evil part. Also I would totally be in for a Drew and Dad MGS Endurance Run.

"Otaku? Oh, that's like Otacon, from Metal Gear."

Didn't watch the Akiba's Trip QL, but I hope at some point he references the fact that Akiba in MGS4 is named after... Well Akibahabara, aka Akiba's Trip namesake.

In any case, I bet you that the no localized dialogue is not so much better.

I still consider XSEED one of the better localization companies. Akiba's Trip actually had to be toned down with some of the references and other things because... Legal reasons. As in there would be phone numbers on random fliers and on store signs, and they were legit phone numbers for those respective stores that you could actually call. It's crazy how much detail Marverlous put into actually creating Akihabara.

EDIT: Dan best be watching this Gamescom Metal Gear thing on right now

Breaking PAX Prime Royal Rumble news.

ZBEHC6p.png

This seems like a smart move. The event was really fun at East, but had a lot of dead air once the victor was announced. This should extend the chaos for the full hour.

Aaron

I approve of keeping Alex out of the initial rumble since he would crush everyone again. Having him in a title match against the winner of that is much more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom