• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Having now finished the quick look, seems like they like being able to explore akiba and stripping people, but just not the visual novel bits.

Which is fair enough.

Myggen

Dan should start a Tumblr page. All sorts of revelations will be brought to the world.

Better to reveal that slowly on the Bombcast :)

Having now finished the quick look, seems like they like being able to explore akiba and stripping people, but just not the visual novel bits.

Which is fair enough.

Yeah, their main problem seemed to be how slow it was in the beginning when they expected insanity all the time, and the localization being pretty awful.

Antiwhippy

I was about to say that I can't wait for them to look at the upcoming senran kagura shinovi versus and rhythm game, but then I remembered that they don't do vita quick looks.

Zaph

Good thing none of them are jerks about their preferences
except Jeff sometimes

I've never felt bothered by any of the guys going in on things - including stuff I really like. Even Jeff is quite mild (by internet standards) and funny with it. I guess it's one of those things that some people are more sensitive to than others - like when a comedian starts spouting offensive things you know they don't really think. If it's entertaining, anything goes IMO.

Than again, I think Witcher 1 is better than Witcher 2 and Bioshock Infinity was a fantastic game that improve upon the underwhelming Bioshock. Opinions, hey?

I was about to say that I can't wait for them to look at the upcoming senran kagura shinovi versus and rhythm game, but then I remembered that they don't do vita quick looks.

Any idea when the PS TV comes out? I'm sure they'll QL some games once they actually can.

Nevermind, I can google. Oct 14, two weeks after Senran Kagura. There's still hope?

Antiwhippy

I just don't get how Jeff was able to enjoy Persona 4 so much.

You can never forget your first waifu.

47577.jpg

Any idea when the PS TV comes out? I'm sure they'll QL some games once they actually can.

Nevermind, I can google. Oct 14, two weeks after Senran Kagura. There's still hope?

Hopefully, though I dunno if they'll be compatible.

I've never felt bothered by any of the guys going in on things - including stuff I really like. Even Jeff is quite mild (by internet standards) and funny with it. I guess it's one of those things that some people are more sensitive to than others - like when a comedian starts spouting offensive things you know they don't really think. If it's entertaining, anything goes IMO.

I was just thinking about the comedian analogy myself and I see it as a skilled comedian can get away with it whereas with a crappy one it just doesnt work. Thats how I see Jeff and Dan in someways. Jeff I will take things he says in good humour, Dan however so far at least I feel like he is actually looking down on this thing/people.

Do we have any idea what that secret thing for today is gonna be by the way?

Mario Party 2 Party???

I want to say either Mario Party or Dan and Jeff doing that yoga thing they talked about in the QL. I am fine with either, hell i'm fine with any livestream.

daydream

Banned

Than again, I think Witcher 1 is better than Witcher 2 and Bioshock Infinity was a fantastic game that improve upon the underwhelming Bioshock. Opinions, hey?

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I was bothered by it. I think I would have gone insane by now seeing how I follow the site since it launched. Also, that's the stuff that makes GB the only remotely watchable gaming website out there, so there you go. :p

Tucah

you speak so well
Akiba's Trip looks like a bad game. The loading times are frequent, the writing/localization is spectacularly awful from the hour in the QL and the combat doesn't look particularly interesting either.

The QL was pretty solid though.

Dragon

Banned
Knowing what we know about Dan, I don't think him being confused or unhappy with incredibly foreign games is at all unexpected.

Everyone is inconsistent, but fuck if Metal Gear isn't incomprehensible to the majority of gamers, let alone a random dude on a street.

Knowing what we know about Dan, I don't think him being confused or unhappy with incredibly foreign games is at all unexpected.

I don't think that's fair. Some of his favorite games are foreign. Metal Gear and Tails of the Sun for example, he also recently said that he thought One Piece was pretty cool.

"Otaku? Oh, that's like Otacon, from Metal Gear."

So far Dan has made a '70s rock reference and a Metal Gear reference. Can he slip in a wrestling reference and complete the trinity?

EDIT: Brock Lesnar reference achieved. 9 minutes to completion.

I liked the Akihabara QL because Jeff was at least trying to give the game a chance... but Dan was so overly negative and not in a fun way that even Jeff seemed to actually no wanting to go in one of his usual rants.

In any case, I bet you that the no localized dialogue is not so much better.

Gagaman

Seeing games as niche as this get full localization with dubbing yet Sega can't be bothered with PSO2 and any Yakuza at all....

sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom