• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

What do we do now. Do we talk about Half Life 3 and whether Half Life 3 is confirmed or not

The Last Guardian is all we talk about here. Rumour has it that it will be shown at TGS?

Where did they mention the surprise stream for today?

Chris Watters mentioned that GB would be doing something "secret" during last night's GS stream. We just assumed it was a stream, but turns out they were recording something outside of the office.

Also, man I love the way over the top sounds your character makes in The Long Dark.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Speaking of laura dern, i can't believe she was only 25/26 in jurassic park. As a child I would have guessed she was like 40 at least. Now at her (then) age, I'd still have guessed mid 30s or thereabouts.

Speaking of laura dern, i can't believe she was only 25/26 in jurassic park. As a child I would have guessed she was like 40 at least. Now at her (then) age, I'd still have guessed mid 30s or thereabouts.

Sitting next to Sam Neill for a whole movie will do that to you

Tucah

you speak so well

Laura Dern can still get it though, she looked great in Enlightened.

Zaph

Oh my god. We've now had Danny and Cara in this thread. Shut up shop, we've hit our peak.

One day the stars will align, then the immigration gods and Les Moonves will smile upon Giant Bomb. Then all will be right in the world.

AcridMeat

Banned
You're telling me I missed O'Dwyer in here? When was this?
She was 25?! Holy moly. I'm that age and I'd look like her son in Jurassic Park.

Myggen

Oh my god. We've now had Danny and Cara in this thread. Shut up shop, we've hit our peak.

One day the stars will align, then the immigration gods and Les Moonves will smile upon Giant Bomb. Then all will be right in the world.

Les Moonves gave all that money to the Big Bang Theory actors. Surely he can give something to GB too?

The cake is a lie. HA

Are you working on the next Octodad? Please say yes!

Carachan

Neo Member
Which giant bomb person would you like to be your dad?

I like Jeff a lot. I think Jeff is pretty cool. It's like, I get this weird thing where I hope the figureheads of websites I work for a lot think I'm not a total loser, and now I am getting this thing where I hope Jeff thinks I'm funny or something after being on the E3 stuff. I spend a lot of time wishing Jim Rossignol would respond to my emails, and wishing Jeff would laugh at my jokes. They are like the father figures I desperately crave validation from but really probably don't need validation from (Did you know Jeff once RTd one of my tweets and my phone almost broke?). You know gaf I'm just like Laura Dern in Jurassic Park only they are the Jeff Goldblums. Laura Dern clearly doesn't need Jeff Goldblum and Jeff Goldblum probably doesn't care about Laura Dern but you know it'd be rad if they hugged and hung out or something

Have I just written fanfic

Zaph

I like Jeff a lot. I think Jeff is pretty cool. It's like, I get this weird thing where I hope the figureheads of websites I work for a lot think I'm not a total loser, and now I am getting this thing where I hope Jeff thinks I'm funny or something after being on the E3 stuff. I spend a lot of time wishing Jim Rossignol would respond to my emails, and wishing Jeff would laugh at my jokes. They are like the father figures I desperately crave validation from but really probably don't need validation from (Did you know Jeff once RTd one of my tweets and my phone almost broke?). You know gaf I'm just like Laura Dern in Jurassic Park only they are the Jeff Goldblums. Laura Dern clearly doesn't need Jeff Goldblum and Jeff Goldblum probably doesn't care about Laura Dern but you know it'd be rad if they hugged and hung out or something

You're home.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

And weekend Gaf comes early, brought to you by Cara Ellison!

Tucah

you speak so well

Less than half a dozen posts and you're already jumping head on into the GB fanfic, there's something really respectable about that. You're going to do just fine here.

Myggen

Yes, and you're not the first to do so in this thread.

Welcome to GAF (and the GB thread), it's not as scary as people say!

Anjin M

Hi!!!!!!! It is me, Cara Ellison, the Laura Dern and Hentai Hobo of video games. Please teach me about Neogaf. People tell me this is where the secrets happen.

Yay! Cara is here, in the best thread on Gaf.

I feel weird that I got in before you did, though.

What have I done?

I just wanted to play Kirby's Epic Yarn tonight, and be joyful, but that won't happen now. I want to watch Jurassic Park instead now, but that probably wont happen either. I will probably end up just watching Twister again - that's kinda like Kirby when you think about it.

i feel like laura and jeff (if theyre cool with me calling them that) would actually be really cool parents

like the ones that would let you get frosted cinnamon pop tarts and watch power rangers and shit

Cara I want you to know that I have pronounced "taco" like you ever since the E3 casts and it is so much more fun than saying it the "correct" way.

Flandy

Hi!!!!!!! It is me, Cara Ellison, the Laura Dern and Hentai Hobo of video games. Please teach me about Neogaf. People tell me this is where the secrets happen.

Welcome to gaf. Go into your settings and switch the forum to 100 Posts Per Page. It's better that way

Myggen

i feel like laura and jeff (if theyre cool with me calling them that) would actually be really cool parents

like the ones that would let you get frosted cinnamon pop tarts and watch power rangers and shit

It's not weekend yet, Steve!

I can't watch this Spookin' video. I don't get how people can play scary games when I can't even watch someone play them :(

Carachan

Neo Member
I'd make a fantastic mum although I'd swear quite a lot at that Yoshi's Woolly World thing because jesus christ it is fucking lethally cute, just where the fuck do they get off making that thing so cute, it makes me very angry how cute it is.

Anyway yes I do like Danny O'D, I feel like I would take shelter in his house if I had to move to the states. And he would tell me stories of the Old Country and maybe we would write celtic ballads together and maybe talk about how white we are over whisky

OK, so apparently the "staaaaarreeeeeee" moment in the Akiba's Trip QL? That was them straight up translating "jiiiii" in the original script. Japanese has words that are essentially onomatopoeia for emotions and actions, I guess? And "jiiii" means "stare".

but these fucking localisers decided that meant an actual person had to say OUT LOUD "staaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" which is just... god damn it

this info brought to you by PersonaGAF

Haha. Yes, that pre-UPF stream definately left an impression on me. But on deeper thought, you're more of a Ryu of games journalism, really.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
success
eW3bkMB.jpg

Zaph

I'd make a fantastic mum although I'd swear quite a lot at that Yoshi's Woolly World thing because jesus christ it is fucking lethally cute, just where the fuck do they get off making that thing so cute, it makes me very angry how cute it is.

Anyway yes I do like Danny O'D, I feel like I would take shelter in his house if I had to move to the states. And he would tell me stories of the Old Country and maybe we would write celtic ballads together and maybe talk about how white we are over whisky
what is your stance on mario party and completely unrelated: what would a crowd fund goal be roughly to get you in the states for a game of mario party

BTA

OK, so apparently the "staaaaarreeeeeee" moment in the Akiba's Trip QL? That was them straight up translating "jiiiii" in the original script. Japanese has words that are essentially onomatopoeia for emotions and actions, I guess? And "jiiii" means "stare".

but these fucking localisers decided that meant an actual person had to say OUT LOUD "staaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" which is just... god damn it

this info brought to you by PersonaGAF

I heard about this earlier and yeah, that's a really weird decision. Especially since having seen XSEED people tweet about the game pre-release, they clearly put a lot of work into that localization (or at least the editing of it), so it's strange that something like that's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom