• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suburbs of Kansas City on the Kansas side. Nobody in my family has ever lived in Missouri.

Also, we originally were gonna shoot some video stuff but Jason can't come. Danny and I will probably do a podcast when we get back.

Just take a GoPro, give it some rough edits, and just throw it up video diary style.

So much more prem stuff since the last time I checked man was it all good?

8FTPsdI.png

I already have 2+ hours of Metal Gear for tomorrow during my Sunday Brunch.

komplanen

Seems like every fucking weekend the GB content pipeline gets completely fucked for me. Right now it's showing the Demo Derby, Fenix Rage and 6180 as upcoming features even though Fenix Rage quick look and the Demo Derby feature came out several hours ago. 6180 should have come out almost four hours ago but hasn't yet for me. Above screenshot suggests it did for some people.

EDIT: I found out an alternative route to 6180 by going to the Videos main page. Doesn't show up anywhere else.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Seems like every fucking weekend the GB content pipeline gets completely fucked for me. Right now it's showing Fenix Rage and 6180 as upcoming features even though Fenix Rage quick look came out several hours ago. 6180 should have come out almost four hours ago but hasn't yet for me. Above screenshot suggests it did for some people.

I was just about to ask cause I can't find the 6180 QL. Could somebody post a link?

Rapstah

Hey, if you're the LucasArts guy with the scar and you're reading this thread and I just ruined your week by pointing it out, I'm honestly sorry.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Also if you are wondering I think this is the GI Cover Dan was talking about at the end of Demo Derby and well...
2686604-9272073877-5148..jpg

Edit: Wow, I just realised that this is from the GB forums. I was just searching it on Google and that was the first thing it showed me. Kinda funny.

Megasoum

Banned
Wasn't there supposed to be a Giant Bomb World Tour a while back? What happened to that?

They came to their senses and finally realized that wasting all the subscriber money to pay themselves a paid vacation around the world was not the brightest idea.

Myggen

Wasn't there supposed to be a Giant Bomb World Tour a while back? What happened to that?

There was never anything resembling a concrete plan about that. Last time it was mentioned was before Ryan passed away.

So no, there was never supposed to be something like that.

ST2K

They came to their senses and finally realized that wasting all the subscriber money to pay themselves a paid vacation around the world was not the brightest idea.

There was never anything resembling a concrete plan about that. Last time it was mentioned was before Ryan passed away

...Didn't Jeff say he still wanted to do that in the Pre-PAX meeting thing?

KingKong

Demo Dirby is such a good feature. The best part is that they only need to play ~15 minutes of each game which makes it a lot better than other old game replays that go on for an hour

Sakwoff

Watching the archive of the Vinny stream right now. IT'S LIKE VINNY IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME

Man, watching filmed video at 1080/60 sure is weird at first. But it's also kinda the best.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
They were definitely thinking seriously about the world tour at one point, with a subscriber drive and web page devoted to it. I'm glad they didn't follow through with it, for whatever reason, because it seemed and still seems like a completely uninteresting idea (to me).

popo

Jeff has big ideas. He likes to share his big ideas. They might not be workable in the immediate future but they are something to aspire towards.

I bet he regrets ever mentioning "the raid" though :p

--------

So there is a Kansas City in Kansas too? I bet that causes some hilarious GPS fuck ups.

They were definitely thinking seriously about the world tour at one point, with a subscriber drive and web page devoted to it. I'm glad they didn't follow through with it, for whatever reason, because it seemed and still seems like a completely uninteresting idea (to me).

It was a way to get out and meet the fans, now there is a PAX every 3 months if they want to do that. Calling it a "world tour" was to not alienate non-US subs.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Brad has to say about Shadow of Mordor on next week's Bombcast. The last time he had to review a Lord of the Rings game...it did not go well.

I had completely forgotten about LOTR Conquest. Then again, watching that quick look, it looks like it was a pretty forgettable game anyways.

Also finally got around to watching the Hyrule Warriors QL, and yeesh, dat graphic quality drop when they entered 2-player mode.

EDIT: "There's also Giant Bomb fan-fiction." LOL

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have to ask, they say there's no way to capture Vita until the Vita TV comes, but what are all those YouTube streamers who are probably just streaming from home using? Seems like they have something.

I have to ask, they say there's no way to capture Vita until the Vita TV comes, but what are all those YouTube streamers who are probably just streaming from home using? Seems like they have something.

Capture kits, Jeff has one but when he tested it any text would get all screwed up, I assume various youtubers that are recording have a different kit that records in better quality.

popo

Actually I think Jeff's bootleg cap gear is faulty - but you can't blame him for not wanting to throw more money away chasing it.

The irony is that Vita TV might solve their problem - only now the majority of games on Vita are PC indie games.

Actually I think Jeff's bootleg cap gear is faulty - but you can't blame him for not wanting to throw more money away chasing it.

The irony is that Vita TV might solve their problem - only now the majority of games on Vita are PC indie games.

Animu games then.

Oh yeah, I totally understand not picking up a new one it's not exactly like the vita is spitting out tons of exclusives, most vita games these days are coming from japan and it seems like a number of the future japanese titles are being put on ps4 anyway or atleast the bigger titles. I mean there's only two vita exclusives coming out soon I can think of at the moment and I don't even remember the name of one of them.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Capture kits, Jeff has one but when he tested it any text would get all screwed up, I assume various youtubers that are recording have a different kit that records in better quality.
Damn, I didn't know they had to buy their own equipment for the site. Do they? That sounds weird knowing how much capture gear they probably have.

Patryn

Damn, I didn't know they had to buy their own equipment for the site. Do they? That sounds weird knowing how much capture gear they probably have.

CBSi had them on a tight budget leash for a long time there. Odds are that even now when the purse strings have been loosened, most of the budget went to getting GBeast up and running. Think of how much equipment they had to buy for that site.

Nah, that shit would be an expense paid by CBSi. Assuming Sony/MS/Nintendo don't just hand out capture kits for free, anyway.

By the way, guys, I'd like to go to sleep, so if y'all can pull another 50 posts out of your arses as soon as possible, that'd be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom