• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

Natiko

Banned
This really is great news all around. The West crew could use the shakeup. It's kind of a shame they can't pull off two new hires which would be ideal I think, but I'm sure they'll manage. My only real concern is the Bombcast struggling for awhile. Beastcast has been topping it for awhile anyways and this will only widen the gap in the short term.

when E3 dies out, it will just become the GB Mario party meetup

I'm okay with this.

Finally! Giant Bomb does a complete playthrough of a game! There hasn't been an Endurance Run since all the way back to Deadly Premonition! I mean, I suppose if you ignore the Metal Gear Solid games, Castlevania, Bioforge, Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, etc.

ERs are daily features

Well shit, that's great.

Also great.
A month ago I would have been horrified to hear that, but I've seen the light.

Yeah he seems to fit in better with GB East. I always felt like Jeff and Dan have awkward chemistry

Also, would love to see more of the SoTN Vinnyvania. I was so excited to see him finally play it

bomma_man

The Beastcast is almost thereeeee. Got the two best members now but are still saddled with that nasal grinding moron Alex. Ship him out to San Fran so they can wallow in their dead phrases like "inherently" "thats a thing" and "lean into it". Send Jason or O'Dwyer..please.

He's a real person you know

Sacul64GC

Banned
I'm going to miss Drew, Dan, and Jason shenanigans since I became a fan of giant bomb with metal gear scanlion. He did work well with the beast crew so I'm sure it will all be fine.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Funny how it's always a Japanese game.

I mean... it's not like they haven't played other games to completion.

Hitman, Until Dawn, and...

y'know, you're right. Beyond those two, they are all Japanese games. MGS, Castlevania, Dark Souls... lol

EDIT:

Obligatory...

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN

KarmaCow

Hopefully Austin can make it to more Beastcasts because the combo of him, Vinny and Dan was amazing last time.

The Bombcast keeps getting worse, hopefully the new hire can shake things up.

jediyoshi

So is episode 1 good.

Nq1mI1q.png

HvySky

Not a huge fan of Mr. Ryckert but I'm in for Vinny and Alex shenanigans. I haven't watched much GB content lately but maybe a new environment and fresh faces to interact with will make Dan grow on me a bit.

-Kees-

I got Shenmue for Christmas in 2000 and it blew my mind back then. I've played through it twice and even had a separate save when you got the forklift job so I could just play those sections.

I'm a little ways into the first part and please tell me someone will get to Vinny and explain to him how to inspect things because I could spend nearly the whole first day just looking at everything in the house.

Forkball

I'm going to miss Dan over at the West. He had such great chemistry with everyone, Jeff especially. Though I've enjoyed him on the east side as well. We just need to get through those Mario Party games prompto.

Another endurance run is awesome news.

I'll miss Dan on the bombast, but the beastcast was great with Dan, so having him there permanently will be great.

Beastcoast contining to be the best coast.

And screw the haters. I think the whole GB crew is rad, including Alex (Vinny and Dan are great foils to his brand of sass).

border

Shenmue endurance run without Jeff? That's too bad, I would have loved to hear his realtime responses.

Dan moving to NYC will make the Bombcast worse, but it will significantly improve the Beastcast. I will very much miss listening to him interact with Jeff and Brad, but I guess it'll make me more likely to least to Beastcast (which I often skip if I don't have enough time in my week).

Kusagari

I think Dan felt more natural with Vinny, Alex and Jeff B.

He's probably at peak form with Brad and Jeff but he also tends to go into a shell when Brad and Jeff are off on one of their long diatribes. I felt he was more involved the entire time in that month on the Beast Cast.

Aurongel

I just wanted to add real quick that the last quick look GB did kept me going through the worst bout of depression I had in my entire life. I've always felt indebted to them for that, seeing a new episode of their show go live was literally the best part of my day for a long time. Anyway, just wanted to get that out there.

On topic: Shenmue seems like an awesome choice given the announcement of the new one. It hits a lot of the marks that made their previous quick looks great.

- J - D -

I love that GBER is returning, but I wish it wasn't shenmue. That game came at a weird time in my life and seeing it again would bring back some bad memories.

KennyL

Remember that time when Austin left and beastcast turn into cringe shit show then Austin came back for 1 ep and it's best and then he left and went right back to cringe fest? Yeah.....

I mean... it's not like they haven't played other games to completion.

Hitman, Until Dawn, and...

y'know, you're right. Beyond those two, they are all Japanese games. MGS, Castlevania, Dark Souls... lol

EDIT:

Obligatory...

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN

Do Phantasmagoria 1 & 2 count?

First one was finished in a single Random PC Game session and the 2nd one was done by the BEast crew early this year (edit: wait it was LAST year? Shiiiiiiiiit)

After watching that "lost e3 footage" I'm convinced that Vinny and Dan are amazing together. The beastcast only got better w Dan there, too.

I just miss Vinny and Jeff :(

Doomshine

This Endurance Run has Vinny in it and that's all it needs to be great.

Remember that time when Austin left and beastcast turn into cringe shit show then Austin came back for 1 ep and it's best and then he left and went right back to cringe fest? Yeah.....

Hmm... no, can't say I do.

Hopefully as more and more people watch the first episode, they'll quit being so shitty and start thinking about that awesome old Japanese lady with the anachronistic 1920s gangster voice.

I remember the Beastcast being the best it's ever been for a month when Dan was there. Austin was always far better on video content (where cut cut loose and was much funnier) than in the podcast to be honest.

Spaghetti

Into it.

They better play Shenmue II after though. It's the better game and secretly was the prototype template for the modern cinematic style game.

jetsetrez

My all time favorite game with Vinny and Dan, this will be amazing. Shenmue is a perfect Endurance Run game, too. Also Dan going to GBeast means Beastcast is officially the flagship GB export. Especially on episodes with Bakalar too. Silly ass GB is back, boys. Video games are back.

J_Viper

I don't think you know what cringe means

The only down episode was yesterday's, only because the guest wasn't all that great, no offense to him.

Vinny, Alex, and Buddy Bakalar are still firing at 100%

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh my god !!

new endurance run and EP1 is ALREADY UP !!!

What a great ass weekend.

xzeldax3

After watching that "lost e3 footage" I'm convinced that Vinny and Dan are amazing together. The beastcast only got better w Dan there, too.

I just miss Vinny and Jeff :(
I agree with everything in this comment. That E3 video was so great.

Dan's been a good fit on the Beastcast, this is good stuff. That's a helluva murderer's row they got there; I hope Bakalar stays.

But looking forward to the ER. I loved the P4 one cause it was new to me. CT fell a bit flat cause I played that game a dozen times. I played Shenmue at launch but have forgotten most of the details so it'll be fun.

border

I hope the other Giant Bomb members take Dan aside and make sure that he understands what a "mortgage" is before he buys a place in NYC or New Jersey.

RPGam3r

I like Austin, and if you want more Austin you can go follow him and Patrick over at Vice. No need to shit on the remainder of the GB crew who all bring their own flavor of personality.

Top Bottom