• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think so too, but they should do games that will be entertaining to watch or games that people will actually have interest in. I just want to see Vinny messing around all the time and not take anything seriously.
You think that crazy Russian game was them taking it seriously?

The doors that aren't going to be locked usually have visual markers(ie, actually have signs or numbers on them) or have less damage. Either way locked doors get marked on the map. Silent Hill 2 and 3 have tons of open environments anyway where that's not really a factor. All I know is that where replaying most Resident Evil games is a chore(although I think ReMake holds up well enough) Silent Hill 2, 3, and the Room still feel relatively modern outside of the rather complicated puzzles that have become unpopular.
Why is Dan still a junior?
He needs 300 posts to become a member. Can't break the rules :p

tchocky

I think so too, but they should do games that will be entertaining to watch or games that people will actually have interest in. I just want to see Vinny messing around all the time and not take anything seriously.

I think people have interest in Sunless Sea and a number of people said they bought Lisa after the ql.

Vinny takes games more seriously than most people on staff. He spent hours playing that silly pizza game before recording the video. He just knows how to PLAY games.

I really do miss Vinny's input on the West side. Always tries to understand the game he's playing and was a voice of reason. West side is just an echo chamber for the most part now with people who have(nearly) identical taste and use silly reasons to dismiss games. Still entertaining of course or I wouldn't be here, but much more insular than it used to be.

I don't think Silent Hill 2 feels janky at all, you can even switch the controls to analogue if you want. (Ie, how ReMake HD works) Silent Hill has never had the control "issues" that the Resident Evil series had up to Outbreak.

Sure, it does have those controls but a lot of the terror goes out the window when you're fidgeting with the controls to hit a weird baby awkwardly with a pipe. No control scheme really feels ideal in SH2 and it almost seems like they threw several takes on the controls in there because they couldn't come up with one solid way to control the game.

This comes from someone who loves SH1 & SH2 and thinks that parts of SH3 are some of the most terrifying shit i've ever played, even though SH3 is kinda meh.

tchocky

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 2m2 minutes ago
In one hour, I begin day one of my quest to beat Mike Tyson. Premium members, go to http://giantbomb.com/chat at 12:30 Pacific. As this stream will just be me in a room fighting Tyson, expect it to be a lot more “grunting and cursing” than “insightful commentary."

Myggen

tumblr_naqgtrQ7tv1s07ds4o1_500.jpg

frostyxc

Ever since Alex talked about the reverb in the GBeast videos, I can't unhear it anymore. I hope they find a way to add padding to their studio or something, because it's becoming a bit of a distraction.

Or they could just drape a quilt over their heads like a little tent. The sound will be so tight!

Sometimes the Giant Bomb East videos click for me, sometimes they don't. I don't really care for Quick Looks of obviously bad games where Alex goes overboard on the snark and Vinny amps up his schtick of playing the game against its parameters. Yes, we get the game is broken and complete crap, but at least try a little before you go into don't care mode. Even when the snark-schtick combo isn't on full blast, the videos can just be too darned long. Working out your comedy routine for over an hour on a broken game is a big ask of the viewer.

I found the Subnautica a happy medium. It wasn't too long and they weren't trying too hard to make the video ridiculous. Yeah, there's barely a game there, but they tried it out and even found the memory limit of the engine as they tried to implode a submarine.

I can't wait for Harry Knowles to start as the news editor!

Sure, it does have those controls but a lot of the terror goes out the window when you're fidgeting with the controls to hit a weird baby awkwardly with a pipe. No control scheme really feels ideal in SH2 and it almost seems like they threw several takes on the controls in there because they couldn't come up with one solid way to control the game.

This comes from someone who loves SH1 & SH2 and thinks that parts of SH3 are some of the most terrifying shit i've ever played, even though SH3 is kinda meh.
I don't know, had no issues with controlling Silent Hill 2. The combat is more frustrating than 3 due to how melee targeting works but just moving around is nearly identical.

And Silent Hill 3 has the same control options, they were included as they realized even back in the early 2000s that people were starting to turn on tank controls. Keep in mind Resident Evil 4 was still two years away.

The annoying thing about the Majora's Mask conversations is Brad's recent insistence on it being a bad game when we all saw the video a while back where he said he played it 5 minutes or something like that.

ahhhhh

I hope Dan beats tyson in the half time between chelsea vs psg i don't know what i will choose to watch if he goes on longer than 15 mins!

Or they could just drape a quilt over their heads like a little tent. The sound will be so tight!

Sometimes the Giant Bomb East videos click for me, sometimes they don't. I don't really care for Quick Looks of obviously bad games where Alex goes overboard on the snark and Vinny amps up his schtick of playing the game against its parameters. Yes, we get the game is broken and complete crap, but at least try a little before you go into don't care mode. Even when the snark-schtick combo isn't on full blast, the videos can just be too darned long. Working out your comedy routine for over an hour on a broken game is a big ask of the viewer.

I found the Subnautica a happy medium. It wasn't too long and they weren't trying too hard to make the video ridiculous. Yeah, there's barely a game there, but they tried it out and even found the memory limit of the engine as they tried to implode a submarine.

I can't wait for Harry Knowles to start as the news editor!

Who are you and what did you do to frosty?

Patryn

I'm gonna cut it together soon and get it up on the site while we're at PAX. It's a bit shorter than the old one and our mutual friend Trevan joins us for most of it. I don't remember how good it was, but look for it during PAX East.

As for Eye of the Ryckert, I'm waiting on word regarding when we're recording the Bombcast. I'm ready to get in there!

So you're saying we should expect a short Bombcast?

I have no idea what that's talking about. I've never heard of that movie, and that GI interview is fake.

Dan, I was wondering if your goal with MGS was to finish up before The Phantom Pain releases. It seems possible if the rumors of a June/September release are true. If you do 3 in March/April and 4 in May/June, I think you'd be able to do it (especially if TPP comes out in September). GZ could be done in a single video as a bonus. I just think it would be so symbolic for you and Drew to QL TPP, a MGS game that will be new to both of you.

Xeteh

Dan has this.

I'm gonna cut it together soon and get it up on the site while we're at PAX. It's a bit shorter than the old one and our mutual friend Trevan joins us for most of it. I don't remember how good it was, but look for it during PAX East.

As for Eye of the Ryckert, I'm waiting on word regarding when we're recording the Bombcast. I'm ready to get in there!

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom