• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Yeah, I also think that the only way the Unplugged feature works is with some regularity. I'm afraid that they might wait too long until it doesn't make sense anymore for them to pick up where they left off, like every other Unplugged.

Honestly, I've always kind of gotten the feeling that they're more doing the Unplugged because of the massive demand for them and not because of any real desire on the part of the crew.

I never really felt the sense of ownership of the feature in the same way as Metal Gear Scanlon or Breaking Brad, for instance.

Honestly, I've always kind of gotten the feeling that they're more doing the Unplugged because of the massive demand for them and not because of any real desire on the part of the crew.

I never really felt the sense of ownership of the feature in the same way as Metal Gear Scanlon or Breaking Brad, for instance.

I don't know, Danny Dan and Drew all seemed pretty into Avalon and they had talked about it before they did it. I could see them not particularly wanting to do D&D, but that Avalon video seemed great.

Unplugged should stick to Avalon-type games

This. One off games they can play a few times in one stream and move on. I'd love more D&D, I just don't see them doing it as often as they'd probably need to.

tchocky

I have no idea what that's talking about. I've never heard of that movie, and that GI interview is fake.

Dan don't be embarrassed, lots of cool guys have appeared in lesbian action movies. What is kind of interesting is the credits list Jeremy Parrish which I am guessing is not the ex 1up now USgamer writer.

Brad could finish DMC2 2 decent sittings if he only plays the Diesel Dante campaign and just shoots everything to death. It's what i did and it was super effective.

-I wish that Unplugged was a more regular feature. It's probably a holy hassle to set up, but I enojy it a lot.

-Looking forward to Metal Gear Scanlon 3, and Eye of the Ryckert.

-What time are they planning to start Eye of the Ryckert?

komplanen

Can someone check out what time Eye of the Ryckert is live? I'm on mobile and the upcoming videos window doesn't show up :-(

This is important because I don't want to miss it but I'm too lazy to get out of bed to check it out on my PC.

tchocky

Can someone check out what time Eye of the Ryckert is live? I'm on mobile and the upcoming videos window doesn't show up :-(

This is important because I don't want to miss it but I'm too lazy to get out of bed to check it out on my PC.

It is not on the schedule yet.

Doesn't show up for me in the upcoming box.

Xeteh

Have we heard anything about when that podcast that Dan recorded when his dad was in town? They mentioned it a few times while he was there but nothing since.

Silent Hill getting no respect on the Demo Derby was really a bummer. The next series after MGS should have Dan and Drew re-visiting 2, 3, and 4.

Is there a collection of best TNT moments somewhere? Or if there is not, which TNTs were the best ones? I'm in the mood to rewatch some of those, I remember the Quake one being pretty funny.

Dead Island

Xcom

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Fortune Street

3DO TNT AKA THE BEST ONE EVER

Starcraft 2

How can you forget the Dave Lang TNT? Definitely one of the best. Goes a lot into game design and his history in the industry.

komplanen

I have an idea about the rest of them but do you guys think Jason is a juggalo?

I'd bet he isn't but then again he's spent so much time with Juggalo Prime Dan at GI that it could have rubbed off.

Whoop Whoop

Seventy70

Is anyone else not a fan of the GBEAST quick looks? I'd rather have them just make videos of them messing around in shitty games without taking it seriously. It's always obvious that people are not going to give a shit about a game, but they spend a lot of the time explaining mechanics.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 2m2 minutes ago
The first Eye of the Ryckert will be live today for premium members. I’ve decided that a decision win isn’t enough. I need to knock him out.

yes

YFPISee.jpg

I wonder if he's practiced recently. It's super hard coming in blind after a few months.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ever since Alex talked about the reverb in the GBeast videos, I can't unhear it anymore. I hope they find a way to add padding to their studio or something, because it's becoming a bit of a distraction.

komplanen

Is anyone else not a fan of the GBEAST quick looks? I'd rather have them just make videos of them messing around in shitty games without taking it seriously. It's always obvious that people are not going to give a shit about a game, but they spend a lot of the time explaining mechanics.
I'm more a fan of them than I am a fan of bacon.

Silent Hill getting no respect on the Demo Derby was really a bummer. The next series after MGS should have Dan and Drew re-visiting 2, 3, and 4.

SH2 was a clunky ass game control-wise even when it came out. So damn awkward, it was like a weird tank control system but with strafing and just real janky. I can't imagine anyone who didn't play it at the time wanting to deal with that. It makes the RE controls seem sensible in comparison.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've been liking theirs more, but that's because I think Vinny-Alex is the new Vinny-Jeff.

SH2 was a clunky ass game control-wise even when it came out. So damn awkward, it was like a weird tank control system but with strafing and just real janky. I can't imagine anyone who didn't play it at the time wanting to deal with that. It makes the RE controls seem sensible in comparison.
I don't think Silent Hill 2 feels janky at all, you can even switch the controls to analogue if you want. (Ie, how ReMake HD works) Silent Hill has never had the control "issues" that the Resident Evil series had up to Outbreak.

Alex seems like he's having a lot more fun than he's had in a long time and he and Vinny play off of each other really well. pro-BEAST.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Have we heard anything about when that podcast that Dan recorded when his dad was in town? They mentioned it a few times while he was there but nothing since.

I'm gonna cut it together soon and get it up on the site while we're at PAX. It's a bit shorter than the old one and our mutual friend Trevan joins us for most of it. I don't remember how good it was, but look for it during PAX East.

As for Eye of the Ryckert, I'm waiting on word regarding when we're recording the Bombcast. I'm ready to get in there!

Seventy70

Alex seems like he's having a lot more fun than he's had in a long time and he and Vinny play off of each other really well. pro-BEAST.

I think so too, but they should do games that will be entertaining to watch or games that people will actually have interest in. I just want to see Vinny messing around all the time and not take anything seriously.

SmithnCo

Also I think a playthrough would just reaffirm Dan's thoughts. I love SH but his critique on the hallways full of locked doors aren't unfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom