• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff is still playing FFX

On Feb 14th
0754.png

That's gotta be his ladyfriend playing under his account. The real surprising thing here is that he cares enough about trophies to let her stain his reputation and besmirch his honor racking up them FFX trophies.

Saddest thing about that HD collection is that i now realize that FFX wasn't as great as a i remember and that FFX-2 was actually a pretty fun game. It's like 16 year old me died when i figured that out. It also makes me more hesitant to go back to games i remember fondly for fear of seeing them for what they really are.

Rapstah

Second Sight looked okay for 2002. Looks like the type of game you could get really into if you had some time and no other games to play. I guess this is where I found out it's like three hours long?

Lelcar

I think so. He's not in the credits of the movie either.

All of his scenes must have been cut. Sometimes that's how it goes. I once spent all day as an extra in a movie when I was in college and the scene was never put in the movie, but you still get paid.

Patryn

IMDB isn't the official list of anything. It requires someone going online and adding all that data.

So don't take it as the word of God.

Are you really surprised at this point? At first I was then I instantly went, "Yup Paul Rykert was right". At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we found out at some point Dan was secretly used by the government to greet aliens to our planet. Or he had a secret giant mech hidden in the waters near San Francisco ready to be called if an invasion happens.

the startup money thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Having been able to play MH4 on my N3DS now, went back to watch the QL and jesus christ the graphical difference is astounding.

Patryn

Brad's missing snow? Well he should be happy, because with the amount of snow on the ground and the fact that PAX East is only a couple weeks away, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of snow for him to enjoy.

He can also enjoy our broken-ass public transportation system that has already admitted will be running in limited service during that period. So look forward to all the stories about how much the T sucks during PAX East!

After this winter, I fucking hate snow.

Brad's missing snow? Well he should be happy, because with the amount of snow on the ground and the fact that PAX East is only a couple weeks away, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of snow for him to enjoy.

He can also enjoy our broken-ass public transportation system that has already admitted will be running in limited service during that period. So look forward to all the stories about how much the T sucks during PAX East!

Good lord it's been brutal here. I'm worried how bad pax will be affected (especially night stuff). Getting around town has been a nightmare.

We just got our first major snowfall here in OK. Uni was closed yesterday and opened late today. Pretty tame(like, 4 inches, but lots of ice and the roads were terribad), though it gives me a reason not to go to class today.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we found out at some point Dan was secretly used by the government to greet aliens to our planet. Or he had a secret giant mech hidden in the waters near San Francisco ready to be called if an invasion happens.
I followed the money and the money said that Dan is definitely not that alien.

Mmmmmmmmm. Money.

Guys what if Jeff was like 'I don't want this site to be known as the 'Metal Gear playthrough' site'?

And now he's cancelled MGScanlong forever and ever

Patryn

Guys what if Jeff was like 'I don't want this site to be known as the 'Metal Gear playthrough' site'?

And now he's cancelled MGScanlong forever and ever

In all seriousness, if it doesn't happen this week or next, odds are you're looking at mid-March due to PAX East. Even if they do start, that would be a hell of a lag between episodes.

Hell, they may even be purposely waiting to get PAX East out of the way before starting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Can't take too long under good conditions and people giving him tips. The 30 minutes per day might be a little short, but he will get the muscle memory.

A week is my guess.

tchocky

In all seriousness, if it doesn't happen this week or next, odds are you're looking at mid-March due to PAX East. Even if they do start, that would be a hell of a lag between episodes.

Hell, they may even be purposely waiting to get PAX East out of the way before starting.

Pax East is from the Friday to the Sunday so I guess they will fly out on the Wednesday and be back in the office the following Tuesday. So they could record two episodes before they leave to go up on the Tuesday/Thursday and then start back up when they get back for another episode on Thursday so it wouldn't be too much of a gap.

frostyxc

Scrubbing through it now, and yup, lots of faux vampire shit and lesbian threeways, but no Dan.

This is one skeezy movie. Sponsored by gamergirlslive.com? wtf?

I just started watching this movie from the 40 minute mark and now I'm at minute 51 and I haven't seen Dan Ryckert yet. I'm not sure how much more I can watch for a print screen.

Also, within that time frame there is a full frontal threeway lesbian scene.

Do you guys have same-day delivery from eBay or a really deep video rental store? The movie seems to be out of print. Odd...

Man, I really hope they finish up Metal Gear Scanlon prior to The Phantom Pain's release. It was rumored in a thread to release in June or September. I just think having Dan and Drew do the QL for TPP will be the true completion of Metal Gear Scanlon. It would be awesome because both Dan and Drew would be new to it. I think it's possible if they start MGS3 soon. Say they do that in March. Then, maybe April or May they do MGS4. MGSV:GZ could be done in just one video. Peace Walker could even be done, especially if TPP comes out in September. How long are MG1 and MG2, maybe they could fit them in as well.

they should save MGS3 for extra life so drew can play all of it in one sitting.

Nah I think it needs breaks.

Some of the best parts of MGS are at the end of episodes when Dan simply asks Drew "So what do you think just happened?" and Drew spends 10 minutes trying to suss out the plot.

Maybe they can get through MGS4 by then and then just run through Rising as part of extra life. That game is its own weird level of weird. Its that Platinum weird with Kojima sprinkles on top.

Rapstah

Those poor people at the end of the Demo Derby, holy shit. I can't imagine how into the entire PSU scene you have to have been to understand any of that, let alone go to Sony and audition for something. I'm still not sure what the hell they were competing for at the start?

Lelcar

Demo Derby > MGScanlon anyway

I'll second this controversial statement.

Do you guys have same-day delivery from eBay or a really deep video rental store? The movie seems to be out of print. Odd...

Yeah, we both go to a really good video store. And they give away these movies for free, it's insane! The clerk just goes on and on about penis enlargement pills and browser games though, but just smile and nod and eventually they'll just hand the movie over to you.

Those poor people at the end of the Demo Derby, holy shit. I can't imagine how into the entire PSU scene you have to have been to understand any of that, let alone go to Sony and audition for something. I'm still not sure what the hell they were competing for at the start?

that whole thing felt like a prequel to The Tester

Noaloha

Was kinda hoping GB'd keep to at least a fortnightly schedule for D&D. Some kind of momentum is important for an activity like that, not just for viewers but for the players too. Has there been any word of an unplugged game stream this Wednesday? There's nothing on the 'upcoming' list, so I assume not.

tchocky

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 2m2 minutes ago
The first Eye of the Ryckert will be live today for premium members. I’ve decided that a decision win isn’t enough. I need to knock him out.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan Ryckert verified
The first Eye of the Ryckert will be live today for premium members. I’ve decided that a decision win isn’t enough. I need to knock him out.

I guess you guys were right, looks like he do gets it on the first episode using a CRT lol

Lelcar

Was kinda hoping GB'd keep to at least a fortnightly schedule for D&D. Some kind of momentum is important for an activity like that, not just for viewers but for the players too. Has there been any word of an unplugged game stream this Wednesday? There's nothing on the 'upcoming' list, so I assume not.

Yeah, I also think that the only way the Unplugged feature works is with some regularity. I'm afraid that they might wait too long until it doesn't make sense anymore for them to pick up where they left off, like every other Unplugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom