• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
Evangelion's ending - worst or greatest?

The original series' ending is admirable in a weird sort of way. "Hey, we ran out of money, but before we go we're going to drill it into your brains how much this show has nothing at all to do with giant robots and if that disappoints you, you should feel bad." There are a couple good sequences in those last two episodes that keep up with the classic Eva trend of creating miracles out of production poverty (elevator scene, the death of the last angel), but overall it's not especially watchable once you get past the initial "what the fuck is going ON in this show??"

The End of Evangelion is a masterpiece. A freshly-budgeted Gainax delivering the finale that Evangelion had always deserved-- and it still has nothing at all to do with giant robots and if that disappoints you, you should still feel bad.

One half of it is The MGS2 of Anime-- a subtextual condemnation of a fanbase that's too stupid to realize how much of it is actually about how disgusting they are. The other half is history's most earnestly-overblown finale to a clever and engaging character drama, taking their roster of characters who have proven themselves to be broken in the most tragic-yet-compelling of ways and making the figurative apocalypse within each of them literal-- ending the world with a sudden downpour of all the crazy imagery, weird sexual tension, body horror, superfluous religious iconography and general incomprehensibility that Eva does best.

If someone ever convinced Dan to make Neon Genesis EvangeliDan happen, I'd be sure to give it the MGS2 treatment and write a way-too-long dissertation on why it's the greatest shit ever and I will fight anyone who disagrees and post it here.

So that third game in Drew's Superbowl Mobile Massacre was a disgusting rip of DotA characters in all but name. I bet Brad would love it, in much the same way that Jeff loves Supercard.

Carm

I'm pretty sure it's not the website itself, but, is anyone else having issues getting to the site during normal hours? Since Tuesday I've had major issues connecting to it. After 11pm everything is fine, and it only seems to be effecting GB and maybe Gametrailers.com. Though with GT I rarely check the site so it could be the norm there.

Myggen

I'm pretty sure it's not the website itself, but, is anyone else having issues getting to the site during normal hours? Since Tuesday I've had major issues connecting to it. After 11pm everything is fine, and it only seems to be effecting GB and maybe Gametrailers.com. Though with GT I rarely check the site so it could be the norm there.

Haven't had any problems.

Nishastra

Banned
So that third game in Drew's Superbowl Mobile Massacre was a disgusting rip of DotA characters in all but name. I bet Brad would love it, in much the same way that Jeff loves Supercard.
I have a hard time finding it "disgusting". DotA characters are, themselves, all rip-offs.

I have a hard time finding it "disgusting". DotA characters are, themselves, all rip-offs.

Ripoffs of what? (Unless you mean the Valve-Blizzard split.)

That mobile game (does it have a name? Probably.) directly lifts the concept and skills of DotA's heroes. It goes beyond generic concepts like "pirate," or "goblin," into direct, consecutive parallels with DotA's heroes - ranging from appearance to ability set. Every hero in the quick look had a direct and obvious DotA counterpart.

It was sad when WC3 custom map-makers directly lifted DotA's skill sets or heroes, but when a commercial company does it the practice falls beyond sad, into grotesque territory.

Liamc723

Any duders watching WWE FastLane?

This appears to be the crowd right now.

tumblr_mo9qq3bgxr1svus96o1_400.png

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I wanna see Jeff play through Red Dead Redemption so bad.

"Red Jeff Redemption" would be so entertaining. I'm sure someone else has had this idea.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Guys Im going to wrestlemania for the first time but haven't watched wrestling in like 10+ years, besides random ppvs at my friends house. Will I be sad at what I see?

Oooo a new jartime.

Jintor

If someone ever convinced Dan to make Neon Genesis EvangeliDan happen, I'd be sure to give it the MGS2 treatment and write a way-too-long dissertation on why it's the greatest shit ever and I will fight anyone who disagrees and post it here.

It all
returns
to nothing...
It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...

Ah, what a way to just completely crap all over the people who still didn't get that Evangelion was about how horrible fans can be. Anno you may have gone completely nuts but it was worth it

I actually like Arthur on Rebel FM and dig his reviews. He's wrong about stuff sometimes (see above) but everyone is. I remember him being SUPER EXCITED on Twitter when Ryan asked him to be on the Kinectamals Quick Look, and that's kinda adorable. I dunno

You'll never guess which Ryan-led Kinect QL I couldn't sit through then.

repeater

Why can't Jar Time get an audio version? There's no place for video in my daily commute, especially with these rumours of cat erotica. :(

Lelcar

Demo Derby is the best feature on the internet.
Jeff is a mouth wizard.
"That's not a Madden thing, you're just tackling a scarecrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom