• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Phew, I was about to have an existential crisis if Max was six.

hE4FaRi.jpg

Lelcar

I've said before that you could probably make a credible case for any of the MGS games being the best in the series but if you don't think 3 has the best bosses you are objectively wrong.

I'd honestly say that MGS3 has some of the best bosses in all of video games. The topic of boss fights came up on a bombcast a couple weeks back and I don't remember Dan repping MGS3 which I thought was weird at the time.

Definitely. Mgs peace walker had the worst bosses.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't like Peace Walker. Personally, for me, MGS bosses are a key factor of my enjoyment of the series. I always anticipate what the next boss will be. Hell, Portable Ops was even pretty OK with weird boss fights.

Peace Walker wasn't even average, it has probably the most boring and tedious bosses that I've ever seen. I had to look up what happens at the end of PW because I just couldn't stand playing it anymore. Every other MGS I've beaten like 6 times each. I also don't like the story in PW at all and how poorly they handle The Boss's precious legacy and none of the new characters were interesting to me. Ground Zeroes actually made me appreciate the PW characters a bit more though.

Also: Portable Ops > Peace Walker

I've said before that you could probably make a credible case for any of the MGS games being the best in the series but if you don't think 3 has the best bosses you are objectively wrong.
1 has the best bosses by far. Hell, they made a boss that you never encounter outside of a cutscene interesting.

3 has
bee man and astronaut man
and no one give a single fuck for those bosses. The winners in MGS3 are possibly the best bosses in the series, but the losers drop the ball. It's really inconsistent, whereas MGS1 is the opposite.

daydream

Banned

saying 1 is better than 2 is a pretty in-credible case unless you're going off of an idealised version of what 1 could have been

bigkrev

Inspired by other giantbomb fans, I have made a bingo card depicting different things that I expect that will happen during metal gear scanlon 3. I will not deny or confirm that a lot of these things came from my own experiences.......

(There are some light spoilers for MGS 3)

I'd be shocked if the 2nd row across doesn't end up a Bingo

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Isn't that the one where they're introduced to the term kecks for trousers

not only were the bosses in MGS4 pretty terrible but the fan-servicey stuff tied to them (both the pervy fanservice shit that Kojima can't seem to stop doing and the half assed nostalgia stuff in regards to MGS1 bosses) made them seem real lazy. I barely remember those fights, and what i do remember of them is that they're terrible.

The only fights i can recall liking in MGS4 had 0 women in them. Meh.

Megasoum

Banned
This is a really dumb and very specific thing but I wish that their 9amPST/Noon EST videos would actually go up at 8:55/11:55 instead. The internet sucks at work so I often have issues buffering the videos. That way I could start the HD download before going out to grab my food and it would be on my HDD by the time I'm back from the restaurant.

not only were the bosses in MGS4 pretty terrible but the fan-servicey stuff tied to them (both the pervy fanservice shit that Kojima can't seem to stop doing and the half assed nostalgia stuff in regards to MGS1 bosses) made them seem real lazy. I barely remember those fights, and what i do remember of them is that they're terrible.

The only fights i can recall liking in MGS4 had 0 women in them. Meh.

I just remember taking pictures of them and asking myself if metal gear was always like this

it had been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom