• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan if you're reading this, you have been watching the wrong Wesley Snipes plane movie.

passenger57.jpg

Haha I tweeted him the same suggestion this morning. Passenger 57 is great... Always bet on black!

Money Train is also a valid option.

Tucah

you speak so well
Tomorrow's my birthday, glad I got the present I asked for.

even if demo derby is the superior feature

This one must be from around 2003 or so. I was living in my studio apartment in Queens with my girlfriend. I kept telling here there was a mouse in the apartment but she never saw it and thought I was insane. It was also me trying to learn how to program drums. This ‘song’ is dedicated to that mouse, may he be well.

Artist: Vincent Caravella
Title: Invisible Mouse
Album: Stuff on My Hard Drive

http://vincentcaravella.tumblr.com/post/112053739164/this-one-must-be-from-around-2003-or-so-i-was

Risible

Jeff doesn't like Resident Evil 4?! What the fuck?!

He cracks me up. His tastes are so weird and that's why I love him.

Myggen

Jeff doesn't like Resident Evil 4?! What the fuck?!

He cracks me up. His tastes are so weird and that's why I love him.

His dislike for that game goes back a long way. It's a combination of not liking the combat (not being able to move and shoot) and his eternal hatred for zombies or zombie like enemies in any type of fiction that does it, I think.

edit: The archive for Unplugged and ep 1 of MGS3 ready for when I get back from work tomorrow, good shit.

I really hope the GB east podcast isnt behind a paywall but I suspect like anything "new" it will be.

Am a premium member for at least another 6 months BTW but I think maybe GB toss a bit too much of the good stuff behind premium.

Myggen

I really hope the GB east podcast isnt behind a paywall but I suspect like anything "new" it will be.

Am a premium member for at least another 6 months BTW but I think maybe GB toss a bit too much of the good stuff behind premium.

I highly doubt it will be. It seems to me that they want it to be another flagship podcast along side the Bombcast. Jeff has said that they will always put non-video game related podcasts behind a paywall, I didn't get the same impression with video game related podcasts. It's pretty much replacing Bombin' as the second video game podcast on the site, even though we don't know the format of it yet. And they can always monetize it with ads.

ZeroCoin

Anyone else getting a little put off by Dan's heel turn against the 'nerds'? Seems like he makes extra effort to separate himself from some stuff like it's just something ridiculous. Overall I really like his content, just tiring of the occasional offhand comments like that. Anyway, looking forward to MGS3 tomorrow.

Zaph

Anyone else getting a little put off by Dan's heel turn against the 'nerds'? Seems like he makes extra effort to separate himself from some stuff like it's just something ridiculous. Overall I really like his content, just tiring of the occasional offhand comments like that. Anyway, looking forward to MGS3 tomorrow.

Unless he's said something on the latest podcast (haven't listened to it), he seems to have really dialled that back.

They once had a lengthy tangent on the podcast regarding RE4 and then Ryan edited it out and let us know that he cut it out.

I always wonder about that, what we all missed.

I'm looking forward to Drew botching CQC. I've plated MGS3 5-6 times and I STILL can't do everything I want when I want to. I keep accidentally slitting throats and throwing people like an idiot.

Mr. F

Banned
I was rewatching the persona ER and the RE4 dislike came up then as well. He mentioned that he wasn't a fan of the laser sight for aiming and would have preferred an on-screen crosshair. I wonder if it's a colourblindness issue? I can imagine it being difficult to shoot if you can't see red reliably (If that's the type of blindness he is, I forget).

The fine tradition of everything Dave Lang related making me cringe continues.

SCANLON TONIGHT YEEEEESSS

I had a weird ass dream where people were getting beat up and turning into weird machine people. I was Freddy Mercury in this dream. I had to share this with you guys.

BUT SNACKRUN FOR SCANLON

BanGy.nz

Banned
That sucks. I hope you get better health wise.
:(
I hope things work out dude.
Wish you a speedy recovery, man. GB-GAF is here for you!
Knew a guy who had that when we were 15, he's completely fine now, hope the same works out for you too! ><
Oh oops I should've been clearer. My mum had a benign brain tumour removed and I've had to move back home to help out with the bills, it'll all be fine in the long run but for the next year it's gonna be a little rough. Anyway, fuck real life this is GB-GAF and we got no time for that bullshit! Drew is hours away from playing the best Metal Gear Solid game in the series, get hyped.

So hyped for MGScanlon 3.

The one thing Drew might want to think about is that if he gets spotted it is probably a good idea to run and hide rather than stand and fight. I remember in MGS 2 he was concerned that doing that won't be much fun to watch. But seriously, hiding in the grass & hoping the search party doesn't find you is a core part of the MGS 3 experience.

Also, my god I love this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THR3LIK9yIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom