• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
tumblr_m0wji3zwPa1qafou0o1_400.gif

Good to hear they're getting soundproofing. Not that I doubted a perfectionist like Vinny, but it is a little jarring in the quick looks they do. It's the only technical deficiency Giant Bomb's ever had that bothers me.

Lelcar

This has been quoted already, but I'm excited too! Can't wait!

saying 1 is better than 2 is a pretty in-credible case unless you're going off of an idealised version of what 1 could have been
I like
bee man and astronaut man
:(

yes. Yes. I agree with both of these!

Corgi

Banned
dont know. felt like branding is where the game fell apart for me. Shit got too easy.

Game was the best in the beginning when you were weak and tackling on warchiefs was hard. Running around with hundreds of dudes chasing you while you try to disappear and then stealth kill the leader.

I thought SoM was hard to the point of frustration early in the game and then easy to the point of boredom later on. I also thought it was pretty ugly (Triple H hair) and that it was way better in concept than execution.

I dunno.

Tan

dont know. felt like branding is where the game fell apart for me. Shit got too easy.

Game was the best in the beginning when you were weak and tackling on warchiefs was hard. Running around with hundreds of dudes chasing you while you try to disappear and then stealth kill the leader.

Oh I'm definitely with you there

I thought SoM was hard to the point of frustration early in the game and then easy to the point of boredom later on. I also thought it was pretty ugly (Triple H hair) and that it was way better in concept than execution.

I dunno.
Agreed.

There was a very brief window where the game was balanced well. It needed much better design (environment, encounter, enemy) on all fronts to stand up to, say, the Batman Arkham games. As it stands it's got a good core, but nothing else. (The story and especially the writing were junk.)

LiK

It was quite satisfying after struggling early in the game with the mobs and captains. I really enjoyed branding to mess with the mobs. Ah well

I remember when Brad said he didn't notice how bad the hair looked because he just changed the character skin after a few minutes

So I went into the menu and discovered that the version I had didn't have any alternate skins. :\

should have been Persona Q

(50 hours and I'm only a little over half done)

I'm getting a new 3DS in the mail today and i'm just starting to buy games for it.

If I don't care much for Etrain Odyssey but i really liked Persona 3 & 4, could i overlook the EO stuff and enjoy PQ?

also, do i need to have played the canonical fighting games to get what's happening? I kinda hate that they made those things canon, dammit

daydream

Banned
should have been Persona Q

(50 hours and I'm only a little over half done)

"Yeah. Fuck yeah!" (Jeff, only barely out of context)

I'm getting a new 3DS in the mail today and i'm just starting to buy games for it.

If I don't care much for Etrain Odyssey but i really liked Persona 3 & 4, could i overlook the EO stuff and enjoy PQ?

also, do i need to have played the canonical fighting games to get what's happening? I kinda hate that they made those things canon, dammit

No knowledge of the fighting games required. Unfortunately, I don't think you could overlook the EO gameplay. Sure, the battle system has new Persona elements but I doubt the battle system was your problem with EO to begin with. The cartography aspect is still in full effect.

the combat is like 70% Persona, with a few new elements.

for some reason like 90% of all common enemies are weak to either hama or mudo so the game gets really silly fast if you take Naoto

anyway you can turn on the automapping if it's the meticulous drawing that you don't like. If you don't like the EO "go a few rooms, open a shortcut, return to base, repeat" then you might want to skip this game.

oh, also the fighting games take chronological place well after this game (this one actually takes place somewhere in the middle of both P3 and P4 despite them not overlapping, etc)

so is PQ just a story driven dungeon crawler, then? I'm assuming the social link stuff isn't part of the game.

I guess the only thing now keeping me from jumping in is that it's long as all hell, but it's not like that's ever stopped me with a persona game before.

so is PQ just a story driven dungeon crawler, then? I'm assuming the social link stuff isn't part of the game.

I guess the only thing now keeping me from jumping in is that it's long as all hell, but it's not like that's ever stopped me with a persona game before.

I put it down after the first dungeon but it seems like while you don't get social links you do still have the option to hang around with the various characters outside of dungeons, but there didn't seem to be any stats tied to it.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan Ryckert
‏@DanRyckert
The first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 3 will go live tonight for premium members at midnight Pacific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom