• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized I'm missing the D&D livestream because of class.

Half tempted to just start streaming it out loud since I forgot to bring headphones.

Kurdel

Banned
It's worse for sure, it's 45 minutes in and they've just started starting to do a practice encounter before they actually start the campaign.

Seeing this is a monthly thing, they reslly should have met up before so they can get their shit together...

Rorie didn't even explain AC, or possible actions.

Give it time. They'll find a rhythm, figure out the system, and start to gel. They've got a lot to take in at the start. The beginnings are never the best parts of D&D campaigns, as someone who has sunk hundreds of hours into them.

TraBuch

Banned
It wouldn't bother me if they canceled the D&D stuff indefinitely and just stuck with games like Avalon in these Unplugged features.

Lelcar

Wait a second, did Brad cheat and put a paper under a goblin? Did anybody catch that?

edit - oh wow i see everyone in here is being a bummer right now and harshing my positivity. nevermind.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Remember when everybody was like "Haha, oh you silly Brad you. You put that Playstation Home thing on the schedule. Haha, that's soooooo far away lol."

One month from now. I suddenly feel old.

Kurdel

Banned
First mini-dungeon in the starter kit is really streamlined, can't wait for them to actually start it.

p961199516-3.jpg

ZeroCoin

Is dodging the ghosts really that hard? I seem to remember it being more about making you feel bad in a "you enjoy the killing" kind of way.

yeah it was more of a slog if i remember correctly its been a couple years

it was just supposed to make you feel bad not necessarily be challenging or anything

Was more referring to the amount of time it would take if he ends up killing a ton of people. We might see an entire episode of MGS3 dedicated to just getting through that encounter. I know that my first time through playing the game and not being committed to non-lethal and not being very good at the sneaking, the sorrow seemed to take forever. My recent no kill / no alert run was quite the different experience.

TraBuch

Banned
Seems kind of early to be calling for them to stop doing D&D considering they've not even actually started yet.

I just don't really find D&D itself entertaining. I didn't really realize it at the time, but Vinny was the only reason I found the Pathfinder feature entertaining. That and Rorie/Ian's passive aggresive arguments. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I don't really see any of these guys doing crazy shit like wanting to break a statue, take the statue's arm, climb some moss and drop that arm onto a goblin.

Oh, and Dave was pretty great, too.

Lelcar

The adventure is pretty interesting. I like the decision to split up for the horses. Dan is pretty good at leading the party.

Was more referring to the amount of time it would take if he ends up killing a ton of people. We might see an entire episode of MGS3 dedicated to just getting through that encounter. I know that my first time through playing the game and not being committed to non-lethal and not being very good at the sneaking, the sorrow seemed to take forever. My recent no kill / no alert run was quite the different experience.

Ah I see, my bad! I also recently did a no kill / no alert run and man, what a relief it was when no enemies showed up, I was dreading seeing one guy getting eaten by a vulture or something!

I just don't really find D&D itself entertaining. I didn't really realize it at the time, but Vinny was the only reason I found the Pathfinder feature entertaining. That and Rorie/Ian's passive aggresive arguments. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I don't really see any of these guys doing crazy shit like wanting to break a statue, take the statue's arm, climb some moss and drop that arm onto a goblin.

Oh, and Dave was pretty great, too.
I dunno, I can see Dan trying some dumb stuff.

Kurdel

Banned
This went south super quick, jesus christ.

Pickpocketing players should be banned, it was such a pain in the ass during Pathfinder.

Edit : Dan learns about metagaming

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeeeah I'm getting a weird vibe from Dan, like he's simultaneously not taking it serious and taking it too seriously.

I'm missing the part where this is a weird vibe for Dan. Isn't that every competitive game he's played on Giant Bomb? I mean, sure, D&D isn't, strictly speaking, competitive. But you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom