• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ico/SOTC collection QL got a pretty bad reaction as well.

But let the record show Brad was indeed holding that grab button down!

Anyway never liked the Unplugged videos. Too slow and uneventful. Just a bunch of nice people sitting around a table playing a board game. It needs a asshole like Jeff added to it.

I could never play a game with Dan sitting next to me. Constantly going "This is the coolest part" and looking at me so the whole time to see how I react to every single thing.

FStop7

Banned
Finally catching up on the podcast

"I struggle to think of a video game story that in itself is the reason to play a game"

Brad please 999/VLR and Ace Attorney.

Maybe I have low standards...

Red Dead Redemption
Planescape: Torment
Mass Effect (mostly 1... but also 2 and 3 sort of)
Deus Ex
999/VLR
Knights of the Old Republic
Half-Life series
Arkham Asylum

Corgi

Banned
no problem with hunting. by the end of 3, my inventory was always filled with nonperishable food. And if it wasn't, there is like snakes and crabs and shit EVERYWHERE.

injuries.... you rarely get injured enough for it to make a meaningful dent on your max hp. Your injuries also magically recover over time anyways because Snake can fix broken legs through sheer will, like a boss. A Big Boss.

Lelcar

Yep, if we're talking time used to price ratio, Giantbomb is easily the subscription with the most value to me.

When they came out with the subscription model I subscribed only to show my support for the duders, but it has turned out to be the most worthwhile service that I've ever subscribed to.

LiK

I don't like The Boss' voice actor.

futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

MGS3's voice acting, especially The Boss's, suffers from severe FFXitis, a terminal condition where the English voices randomly speed up and stop during cutscenes to accommodate Japanese lip flaps and still barely matches it a lot of times anyway.

MGS3's voice acting, especially The Boss's, suffers from severe FFXitis, a terminal condition where the English voices randomly speed up and stop during cutscenes to accommodate Japanese lip flaps and still barely matches it a lot of times anyway.

I'll never understand the hatred for FFX's voice acting. I actually thought it was some of the best I've ever heard in a game. Meanwhile, people praise the terrible voice acting in Xenoblade. It makes no sense.

Bacon

I'll never understand the hatred for FFX's voice acting. I actually thought it was some of the best I've ever heard in a game. Meanwhile, people praise the terrible voice acting in Xenoblade. It makes no sense.

I came to FFX very late (like a couple years ago) and I honestly stopped playing the game due to that voice acting.

Then I played FF9 and loved it

Myggen

Have you played FFX recently? Sure it was impressive at the time, but holy crap the voice acting in that game has aged terribly. Same with much of the writing, really.

LiK

Have you played FFX recently? Sure it was impressive at the time, but holy crap the voice acting in that game has aged terribly. Same with much of the writing, really.

I haven't played it since it came out but FFX was pretty good for the most part. Tidus was the worst cuz it had that sped up issue which totally fucked up his VO. i'm sure it's not that great anymore but it was good for being their first effort.

I don't think Auron or Rikku are that bad. They fit their characters well enough.

Though it has been a couple years.

so does the HD remaster not have dual audio?

wait this is Squeenix, I'm sure it doesn't

No this is Squeenix.

Please download 15 GB Japanese audio.

Myggen

I haven't played it since it came out but FFX was pretty good for the most part. Tidus was the worst cuz it had that sped up issue which totally fucked up his VO. i'm sure it's not that great anymore but it was good for being their first effort.

For sure, FFX was mostly praised for that stuff when it came out. But I think that's mostly because people had very low expectations when it came to VO at the time, and were impressed by the scope of that stuff in FFX more than anything else. If you go back to it now both the writing and the VO is mostly terrible, and I say that as someone who loved that game when it came out.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FFX voice acting was never a half step above terrible. I liked the game more or less, but the VA was an obstacle more than anything.

Sokolov's VO sounds just like Solidus. Never noticed that before but it sure sticks out now that ive seen the two games being played so recently.

Also, FFX came out in a time where people were praising Shenmue for its voice work. Standards have changed, yo.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sokolov's VO sounds just like Solidus. Never noticed that before but it sure sticks out now that ive seen the two games being played so recently.

Also, FFX came out in a time where people were praising Shenmue for its voice work. Standards have changed, yo.

People were always really easy to please, they just defend different terrible things now.

People were always really easy to please, they just defend different terrible things now.

well i was, what, 15-16 when it came out? So not only was I young enough to think that FFX was actually a really good game but i was also into FF having voicework, even if that meant i had to listen to the whiny and inconsistent thoughts and feelings of Tidus.

Also, i wont hear a bad word about Shenmue outside of its voicework. Shenmue was the reason i got into VF, so plenty of good came from it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The two main characters were all the way awful. Some of the supporting cast was tolerable, mostly because they didn't have as much opportunity to be awful. Tidus and Yuna speaking Simlish would have been more convincing as real people.

The two main characters were all the way awful. Some of the supporting cast was tolerable, mostly because they didn't have as much opportunity to be awful. Tidus and Yuna speaking Simlish would have been more convincing as real people.

naw, it's the forced and unnatural romance that makes Yuna a chump. She holds her own much better in X-2, whereas Tidus is always shitty. Ughhhhhh daddy issues, uggggghhh my inner monologue is thoughtful and reflective yet i'm a complete idiot and a dolt who whines all day and has no redeeming qualities.

Dude could go suck an egg.

Zaph

Wow, what a great first episode of MGS3. With an opening song/intro like that, I fully imagine this being the best one yet.

LiK

naw, it's the forced and unnatural romance that makes Yuna a chump. She holds her own much better in X-2, whereas Tidus is always shitty. Ughhhhhh daddy issues, uggggghhh my inner monologue is thoughtful and reflective yet i'm a complete idiot and a dolt who whines all day and has no redeeming qualities.

Dude could go suck an egg.

Yep, Tidus is an awful character.

Corgi

Banned
something about Boss's audio mix and BG music... nothing about it screams like someone that was the soldier that singlehandedly won WW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom