• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah alright.

Y'know, I have never finished 3 and never played 4. Would be good to finally see the whole of this series through MGScanlon.

LiK

Ah alright.

Y'know, I have never finished 3 and never played 4. Would be good to finally see the whole of this series through MGScanlon.

i'm glad they're playing it so people can see the best game in series. I think a lot of people missed out on it.

The thumbnail for the new Giant Bomb Unplugged episode is silly.

iMdmOpyIx6ZW8.png

iqdYtMQUg9lvM.png

I'm sorry, Dan.

This is going to be dans pic in ot13!!

Their D&D game could really use someone like Spencer from Harmontown, if anyone has ever listened to that podcast. Someone to make the adventure and be able to quickly handle all the gamey stuff to basically just make the landscape for the guys to goof around in and make it fun to watch. Watching these last two episodes has made me realize just how much he does to make it all go smoothly for an hour every week.

Lijik

Their D&D game could really use someone like Spencer from Harmontown, if anyone has ever listened to that podcast. Someone to make the adventure and be able to quickly handle all the gamey stuff to basically just make the landscape for the guys to goof around in and make it fun to watch. Watching these last two episodes has made me realize just how much he does to make it all go smoothly for an hour every week.

I think Rorie can grow into the role. Even Spencer was too focused on keeping the campaign too gamey the first few rounds of harmontown dnd (everything was slow and revolved around some obtuse cavern puzzle) and backed off on that at the audiences suggestion.

kershner

Banned
I know they have limited time and everything, but man it really seems like they should have prepped for D&D more. All this character creation/test combat stuff should have happened off-camera and everyone should be roughly on the same page as the adventure begins, Episode 1.

A badass intro followed by a boring 10 minute infodump really sums up the MGS series

yeah but that's probably the best infodump in the whole series. Maybe the infodump at the end of the virtuous mission is better, i dunno, but tying MGS3 to the cold war in ways that actually kinda don't seem that far fetched is probably the reason that i love the beginning of MGS3 so much.

I think Rorie can grow into the role. Even Spencer was too focused on keeping the campaign too gamey the first few rounds of harmontown dnd (everything was slow and revolved around some obtuse cavern puzzle) and backed off on that at the audiences suggestion.

Hopefully they just play it enough for him to get in that role. I actually didn't know Spencer had a rough patch starting out, only got into Harmontown about halfway and even then only started listening to the D&D segment after being told I was missing the best part continuously.

Really excited to watch MGS3 tonight. It's probably most-anticipated feature ever. It could possibly be bested with the return of Random PC Game, though. Or Breaking Brad: Dark Forces.

Corgi

Banned
with dan thinking CQC is square... wonder if they can go through the whole game without grabbing anyone :p

luckily camo is so broken in this game, you probably can do fine without taking out anyone.

luckily camo is so broken in this game, you probably can do fine without taking out anyone.

every time someone tries to give me crap about that game saying "bleh bleh camo sucks" etc it riles me up because seriously you can just throw on something that gives you 60% and just roll with it basically forever if you don't play like a complete moron.

dan2026

Great Gods the Sorrow's river is going to be so jam packed full of people you wont be able to move.

every time someone tries to give me crap about that game saying "bleh bleh camo sucks" etc it riles me up because seriously you can just throw on something that gives you 60% and just roll with it basically forever if you don't play like a complete moron.

Good thing Drew pays so safe then.

Corgi

Banned
so might be early to ask but do we know if they're doing MGS4 after ?

most definitely. "after" could be a while though. But with MGS5 this year. I can't see how they won't get MGS4 done this year. Probably during the summer lulls.

yeah. its a decent system. It's not even that annoying because you don't change environments that much that requires you to constantly go to that menu.

Same with the 'injury' system. You literally can just shrug off all injuries over time lol. Think I went to that menu maybe a dozen times in my playthrough, and half the time was against the end.

Finally catching up on the podcast

"I struggle to think of a video game story that in itself is the reason to play a game"

Brad please 999/VLR and Ace Attorney.

idk... did people really play p4 for the garbage story? Played it for the characters and 'living the highschool life' aspect, the story did nothing for me.

i came and stayed for the meat bowl dimensions.

The persona games actually have pretty good stories when compared to other JRPGs but i would never hold them up as proof of good game writing. They can be charming as all fuck, though.

idk... did people really play p4 for the garbage story? Played it for the characters and 'living the highschool life' aspect, the story did nothing for me.

I guess if you don't count the social links and the characters backstory as part of the story as well, then you have a point. The story in that game was atrocious compared to the earlier persona games.

i came and stayed for the meat bowl dimensions.

The persona games actually have pretty good stories when compared to other JRPGs but i would never hold them up as proof of good game writing. They can be charming as all fuck, though.

I don't know, I think Persona 2 definitely achieves a great balance between good writing and being charming. And you're certainly not playing Persona 2 more for its gameplay.

LiK

I enjoyed the murder mystery. also, i'm almost done with Golden and the True Ending epilogue is pretty great. Garbage? hardly.

but really, it's all about the daily life scenes that were great. they made me laugh so hard.

Fireblend

Banned
I just finished watching MGScanlon 3's first episode.

That was perfect. I'm teary eyed.

I feel like buying the 3DS remake now, even though I've heard it has framerate issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom