• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

From Reddit:

First of all, English is not my first language and since this became longer than i expected i wanted to apologize if some of this reads a bit awkwardly. Anyways...

On the first episode of Danswers Dan described what it was like to have an anxiety attack. For the past ten years of my life I've been going through these without knowing what they were. I've always had other health problems so i figured it was something related to that. So when Dan explained what actually happens during an anxiety attack it
really hit me hard (Also it made me feel kinda dumb for not knowing it beforehand).

Now I've met with my doctor who agreed that what i go through are in fact anxiety attacks and i am currently working on how to prevent them. Sooner or later i would have probably figured this out on my own but i have no idea when that time would actually had come if it wasn't for Danswers.

I have no idea if anyone thought this was even mildly interesting to read but i just wanted to share how Dan Ryckert made me realize something about myself. That's something i never thought i'd say! Now to make up for this wall of text, here's one of my favorite (recent) Giant Bomb moments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcxeac9CmCU [1]

Lelcar

If you ever want to see Jeff get legitimately emotionally invested in a game, then watch the P4 ER all the way through. Jeff's coming around on the game is like meta character development.

Been listening to old Bombcasts lately and it's making me miss Ryan again :( I still enjoy Bombcasts these days but Ryan added a nice view point that's it a missed since.

Yes. Ryan was honestly a natural comedian and showman and was definitely the most straight-up and charismatic duder on the crew. I'll say it a million times, the industry did lose an important voice and he should be remembered constantly.

LiK

If you ever want to see Jeff get legitimately emotionally invested in a game, then watch the P4 ER all the way through. Jeff's coming around on the game is like meta character development.

oh, i heard. i'm def gonna watch it all the way. curious how it's different than Golden anyway

Xeteh

Uhm, to be honest I don't know. Maybe I miss Vinny and Ryan too much.

I find the other side stuff more entertaining.

And they play way too much Windjammers, yeah we get it Jeff, you like it.

Are you from the past?

oh, i heard. i'm def gonna watch it all the way. curious how it's different than Golden anyway

Golden made some quality of life gameplay improvements which you'll see pretty quickly. Then a lot of those fanservice-y scenes throughout the game were also added for Golden. The base game is still pretty fantastic though.

Brad, if you're reading this, you might not want to update the office's PS3 to system firmware 4.70 if you really want to do that final day thing. It removes PS Home from the XMB. I don't know if it's a required update. Also, I don't know if it just removes the previously unremovable built-in PS Home icon or if they ended the support early for the entire thing.

Lelcar

Weird. I was going to make the same observation. I was watching GB videos on my PS3 so I saw their videos sorted by popularity for the first time. That's the only video on Youtube that they have with more than 1 million views.

people want dem achievements

Brad, if you're reading this, you might not want to update the office's PS3 to system firmware 4.70 if you really want to do that final day thing. It removes PS Home from the XMB. I don't know if it's a required update. Also, I don't know if it just removes the previously unremovable built-in PS Home icon or if they ended the support early for the entire thing.

Oh, shit. I saw the thread about Home here on Gaf, but I didn't even think about how it would affect the GB stream. Hopefully they're aware.

komplanen

Wouldn't be surprised if one day Sony logged in and saw what was going on and decided to immediately pull the plug.

Massa

You can still download Home from the PS Store, it's just not a fixed icon anymore.

Been listening to old Bombcasts lately and it's making me miss Ryan again :( I still enjoy Bombcasts these days but Ryan added a nice view point that's it a missed since.

I only got on the giant bomb train like last fall so I've been going through bombcasts in reverse chronological order (I miss Vinny so much), so it's gonna be interesting to get back to the days with Ryan to see how it's changed.

daydream

Banned
l7W8fdc.png

flagship ps5 title

Watching this Trivial Pursuit Quick Look and I continue to be baffled by another example of them being unable to get 4 controllers.

The floor they work on contains TWO video game websites, I just don't get it.

kvk1

Watching this Trivial Pursuit Quick Look and I continue to be baffled by another example of them being unable to get 4 controllers.

I imagine controllers at a video game related outlet are like staplers at any old office.

Things that should be there by the handful, but are mysteriously scarce and valuable.

Lelcar

They were able to get four controllers, Jason had them ready, Jeff just didn't want to restart the Quick Look or sync them up. It was on Dan's insistence that they start the QL with one controller and pass it before they realized it wasn't a good idea. This is all information that I gathered in this very same Quick Look.

They were able to get four controllers, Jason had them ready, Jeff just didn't want to restart the Quick Look or sync them up. It was on Dan's insistence that they start the QL with one controller and pass it before they realized it wasn't a good idea. This is all information that I gathered in this very same Quick Look.

I will fully admit to having the QL on in the background so not paying attention the entire time.

It's still very rarer than it should be for them to be prepared with 2 or more controllers when showing off games with local multiplayer/co-op though.

Doubt he would say anything like that.
i do need to give him more credit than that

he does a good job in keeping his ignorant american act to mostly being at his own expense and i cant think of a time hes actually been straight up offensive to a different group of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom