• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I woke up today, I never would have imagined I would find myself reading 10+ year old posts from Tim Allen on his personal message board about his belief of multiple universes, wanting to be a dictator because we're not "grown up enough for democracy", and small, mechanical bird boxes.

Thank you, Giant Bomb.

Myggen

When I woke up today, I never would have imagined I would find myself reading 10+ year old posts from Tim Allen on his personal message board about his belief of multiple universes, wanting to be a dictator because we're not "grown up enough for democracy", and small, mechanical bird boxes.

Thank you, Giant Bomb.

Yeah, I've spent some time reading that stuff myself. It's fascinating.

jaina

They were able to get four controllers, Jason had them ready, Jeff just didn't want to restart the Quick Look or sync them up. It was on Dan's insistence that they start the QL with one controller and pass it before they realized it wasn't a good idea. This is all information that I gathered in this very same Quick Look.

On the other hand, their contrived argument, that passing around is representative of the experience most of us viewers can expect, is actually realistic.

Zaph

This classic rolled across my tumblr dash this afternoon: 40 cents
Ryan was such a good hype man during Jeff's stories.

"It was a Whatchamacallit, don't fuck around"

Fuck :(

i do need to give him more credit than that

he does a good job in keeping his ignorant american act to mostly being at his own expense and i cant think of a time hes actually been straight up offensive to a different group of people

He does. Only time I thought he pushed it too far was the TSA shit, which he recently apologised for in a forum reply. Didn't think it really needed an apology, but it was a cool geature. Dude knows how to keep a good balance with the heel stuff.

Scizzy

I think Brad has grown into being a great host. But, man, Ryan could do everything that Brad does now and throw on top of that being the funniest guy on a podcast that had both Jeff and Vinny on it. And he had a great voice! I know I'm not the first to say it, but he could have had a great career in radio if he wanted.

I still listen to his story about narcing on that guy at the hotel every couple months. Just brilliant stuff.

I think Brad has grown into being a great host. But, man, Ryan could do everything that Brad does now and throw on top of that being the funniest guy on a podcast that had both Jeff and Vinny on it. And he had a great voice! I know I'm not the first to say it, but he could have had a great career in radio if he wanted.

I still listen to his story about narcing on that guy at the hotel every couple months. Just brilliant stuff.

is there a youtube link to that story? i don't recall

Alucrid

Banned
shit's broke or there's an alternate reality's podcast on the site

NwT553B.png

Megasoum

Banned
I used to work for a bank where we were pretty much only using the Julian Calendar for everything in the system... It's funny to see people who've never heard of that before.

Posted by aurahack

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT CARDS

Long story short, the card printer/supplier fucked up. I'll be getting them late and, as a result, will not have them at PAX East. I'm endlessly disappointed, angry, sad, and a variety of other emotions all at once over this. I'm sorry to have gotten everyone here excited for something that will, ultimately, not happen.

However,I will still be getting the cards and I still plan on offering them to y'all. The current plan is to package them and sell them online. How exactly I will do this, I am not sure yet. I have something around 145~ sets to sell and my initial plan was to do this through Storenvy but that requires a tax hassle that I'm not sure I can jump into at the moment. It's possible I'll just have to do everything through email/PayPal. Details on that will come when I figure it out and I'll be sure to update everyone about it here and on Twitter. This might mean I'll be able to sell more cards than I was planning to but yeah, I'll have to see when I get around to selling the first batch.

tl;dr - cards are being shipped late, won't have em' at pax, will sell them online after, stay tuned for more, i'm sorry

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/pax-east-2...adin-cards-1766262/?page=2#js-message-7816767

Give Eric yo money.

Gotta say, little down on the first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 3. Only partly Drew's fault, in that I'm concerned its going to be Drew Scanlon Crawling Simulator 2015, I hope that's not the case and he maybe gets a little more bold with taking down enemies. But my real concern is that I'm really not feeling the voice acting so far. Snake's obviously fine, but The Boss, Sokolov and Ocelot all sound awful. Their voices really don't match the characters at all.

LiK

Gotta say, little down on the first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 3. Only partly Drew's fault, in that I'm concerned its going to be Drew Scanlon Crawling Simulator 2015, I hope that's not the case and he maybe gets a little more bold with taking down enemies. But my real concern is that I'm really not feeling the voice acting so far. Snake's obviously fine, but The Boss, Sokolov and Ocelot all sound awful. Their voices really don't match the characters at all.

It always starts out slow with Drew as he gets acclimated to the mechanics and the VO is consistent with earlier games, imo. A bit hammy at times. It'll get better as it goes on, imo.

I was still entertained. I never played the HD version.

Scizzy

Don't blame Drew, blame Boss for incessantly repeating that this is a stealth mission.

hamchan

Really? Their voices all seem pretty great to me.

I don't think it's that slow either. Finishing the Virtuous Mission in ep 1 is decent pace so far.

Brashnir

Finally getting around to watching UPF. Samantha may be the best (or second-best behind Brad Muir) Giant Bomb extended personality duder/chicker.

Jintor

hah, i like that Vinny called out that Junes was their HQ before the game even mentioned it.

Some of the best parts of the ER are usually the guys blindly predicting or commenting on something and then the game more or less doing the exact same thing

Megasoum

Banned
I'm loving Majora's Mask so far (first time playing it) but I feel like my 3DSXL battery is just always empty.... I get like 2-3 hours out of it...wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom