• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

I feel like GB added that MGScanlon ep 4 in the queue just to keep me calm during the PAX weekend.

It's good to have true best friends like Giant Bomb and if I lived in the US I would totally open up a box of cringe during the Q&A.

Thinken of Giant Bamb, with tears of happiness in my anime eyes.

*tips fedora and winks with a sexy wink that would make any female melt but this is a sexy wink for friends who are truly the best*

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I've fallen into another Youtube hole... I hate when that happens lol.

Not sure why but I was thinking about that Fox song that was the fad of the day like 2 years ago so I decided to recheck all those guys videos.

They have some genuinely funny songs

Stonehenge

The Cabin

FluxWaveZ

Only less than 10 minutes in, but I'm really enjoying the dialogue I've seen in the Blackhole Quick Look. Voice acting's surprisingly good, too.

FluxWaveZ

I've got some bad news...

At the 18 minute mark and I'll watch the rest later. The type of game it turned out to be was surprising, and I guess the narrative's going to take a backseat after the intro because of that. I did think the quality of the dialogue and VA was remarkable for what was there, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
BTW I have no idea why people keep saying that if you like dark souls you'll get mon hun. I really like both but other than superficial similarities to the combat they are very different beasts.

MG310

Too bad Drew isn't hunting more - I pretty much had the Sonar and knife out for most of the game if there wasn't any enemies around.

Plus he's missing out on all of those Codec conversations with Para-Medic about what things taste like.

fleck0

I'm all for Brad Hunting Monsters. I got Dota out of my system with the Warcraft map and don't have a console to play Destiny. I think he'll be hooked once he turns a Great Jaggi into a set of armor.

One of us!

Nachos

Hi everyone, I've been following GB on and off since 2009, but am finally getting around to making a premium account, so I figured I'd start posting here. Their premium content wasn't really on my radar until about now, but are there any recommended videos other than the ones from Myggen's list?

Doesn't even use a blunt weapon to get the selta's horn. GG brad.
Seltas is a total wimp, so you can break his horn with pretty much anything. Hopefully Brad sticks with MonHun long enough to fight his mom, though. That's a really cool battle.

I'm all for Brad Hunting Monsters. I got Dota out of my system with the Warcraft map and don't have a console to play Destiny. I think he'll be hooked once he turns a Great Jaggi into a set of armor.

One of us!
He should make the velocidrome or tetsucabra armors instead. Jaggi armor got really nerfed this time around, so it's not a great beginner set. It doesn't even give you an attack boost anymore.

fleck0

Hi everyone, I've been following GB on and off since 2009, but am finally getting around to making a premium account, so I figured I'd start posting here. Their premium content wasn't really on my radar until about now, but are there any recommended videos other than the ones from Myggen's list?

Seltas is a total wimp, so you can break his horn with pretty much anything. Hopefully Brad sticks with MonHun long enough to fight his mom, though. That's a really cool battle.

He should make the velocidrome or tetsucabra armors instead. Jaggi armor got really nerfed this time around, so it's not a great beginner set. It doesn't even give you an attack boost anymore.

I totally agree about the Tetsucabra set, but this being my first MonHun it was when I made a full set out of the first/easiest monster that everything clicked for me, now I'm 100 hours in.

Toparaman

Banned
I feel like GB added that MGScanlon ep 4 in the queue just to keep me calm during the PAX weekend.

It's good to have true best friends like Giant Bomb and if I lived in the US I would totally open up a box of cringe during the Q&A.

Thinken of Giant Bamb, with tears of happiness in my anime eyes.

*tips fedora and winks with a sexy wink that would make any female melt but this is a sexy wink for friends who are truly the best*

If it makes you feel any better, I cringed at this post.

I recently got billed for a second month of premium membership but I haven't watched much premium content besides the newer demo derbys and UPFs.

Myggen

The Monster Hunter video reminds me of the 100 or so hours I spent with MH3 years ago. Only MH I've played but I got super hooked.

Monster Hunter is a series I'm surprised I haven't spent 100s of hours with. It sounds like it should really, really hook me, but for some reason I've never played more than ten or so hours of it. I'm scared of trying to invest more time, to see if I ever "get" the series.

This list contains some good suggestions that isn't on my list!

BTW I have no idea why people keep saying that if you like dark souls you'll get mon hun. I really like both but other than superficial similarities to the combat they are very different beasts.
Both quickly teach that you can't button mash to win. Both quickly show that you can't just charge headfirst into the monster trading blows to win. Both have you slowly and carefully think on your feet as you fight. Both have you tense and afraid of what the monster might do next.

But really they're barely similar. But with these things in common you realize that barely any games that the mainstream are playing are like this.

jtar86

They probably knew about Rockband before hand, that and PAX lets them have various panels and meet up with fans. That's a + in my book.
I was half joking, but I've never laughed as hard in my life as I did when Lang was talking about NBA Ballers. Hopefully GDC and PAX won't schedule there conferences so close together again.

The flavor text(what did they call it again? they talked about it on a pod cast or upf not too long ago) for the monster hunter video is killing me. Why is Jason talking in the third person?!!

I've always assumed the person who posts the videos is the one who writes that text lol.

Danne

Neo Member
The flavor text(what did they call it again? they talked about it on a pod cast or upf not too long ago) for the monster hunter video is killing me. Why is Jason talking in the third person?!!

I've always assumed the person who posts the videos is the one who writes that text lol.

They call it a "dec"(sp?). I always assumed it stands for DEsCription. Now that I see it written out, that might not be the case.

Videos that show up at thetop on the front page only show the description, not the "posted by x" line. That might explain the third person thing.

Myggen

Probably too many things for it happening before it to show up on the schedule. Think there's a max number of items that show up there.

Yup, it only shows 5 things at a time on the site itself. The Live Bomb! Chrome extension has access to the whole schedule, so if anyone's interested to see all the items on the schedule when it goes over 5, that's your best bet.

Jintor

pax hasn't happened yet, but they've made a huge mistake not going to find SWERY

B_a-6UQUgAA0zj1.jpg

i mean look at this guy. if d4 comes out on pc i'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom