• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintoki

a1L0qxE.gif

Mackies are the best. They got sent the haggis flavour in a mailbag.

It also sounded to me very much that GBeast would be physically going over. Before the panel, the first time they mentioned BLLSL coming back (during Jeff and Dave Lang's conversation at PAX South) I assumed it would be a mix of two streams.

They do have an increased travel budget, after all. It's always been a good way to drive subs.
People from Norway knows that I'm right! Also, it got the Jeff (or Dan?) seal of approval when someone sent it in a mailbag!
I'll need to try these when I'm over.

Mackies are the best. They got sent the haggis flavour in a mailbag.

It also sounded to me very much that GBeast would be physically going over. Before the panel, the first time they mentioned BLLSL coming back (during Jeff and Dave Lang's conversation at PAX South) I assumed it would be a mix of two streams.

They do have an increased travel budget, after all. It's always been a good way to drive subs.

I'll need to try these when I'm over.

_75904921_154311347.jpg

Zaph

Just catching up with the panel, and maybe it's my hangover talking, but what a shit-show.

Jeff was working overtime holding it together but the guys didn't seem into it - Brad doing his usual act of shutting down tangents without bringing anything to the table, and Vinny seemed quiet. Props to Alex & Dan for doing what they could given their circumstances.

The Harmonix thing was good in theory, but I really hope Dan was lying about it being a surprise. Seems like an awful thing to spring on someone with anxiety issues and could have went really bad.

Q&A didn't make any sense. We had like two (or more?) PAX's with some good/inoffensive questions, but this time all the freaks come out in force to attempt irony and humour? Felt bad for the "look like a dumbass" guy, was just a misunderstanding gone horribly wrong.

Greg's short segment was the highlight. Dude always brings it and his improv skills on a mic are as good as Jeff's.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Every bag of prawn crackers I've gotten with a chinese delivery has always gone straight in the bin.

I think the only time the audience/fan questions have been consistently good in a live environment were the early Radio Dave shows, specifically the Amazon outage one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You need to get your home fried ones man. I find chinese restaurants to use crackers that are too porous and too sweet. The ones that my family fry is thick and crunchy with a more umami flavour from the prawns.

Basically they need to look like this. Guess these variants originate from malaysia/thailand which what I'm more used to.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Every bag of prawn crackers I've gotten with a chinese delivery has always gone straight in the bin.

WHAT THE FUCK

Can't wait to have time to watch this panel given the mixed reviews here in the thread. It is sure to be interesting, if not necessarily good. But I'm optimistic!

Doing live event such as these is difficult and I have enormous respect for those who have an aptitude (and those who don't but give it a go anyway) for it. Because it is really, really hard and experience only goes so far because there are so many unexpected elements.

Myggen

Just catching up with the panel, and maybe it's my hangover talking, but what a shit-show.

Jeff was working overtime holding it together but the guys didn't seem into it - Brad doing his usual act of shutting down tangents without bringing anything to the table, and Vinny seemed quiet. Props to Alex & Dan for doing what they could given their circumstances.

The Harmonix thing was good in theory, but I really hope Dan was lying about it being a surprise. Seems like an awful thing to spring on someone with anxiety issues and could have went really bad.

Q&A didn't make any sense. We had like two (or more?) PAX's with some good/inoffensive questions, but this time all the freaks come out in force to attempt irony and humour? Felt bad for the "look like a dumbass" guy, was just a misunderstanding gone horribly wrong.

Greg's short segment was the highlight. Dude always brings it and his improv skills on a mic are as good as Jeff's.

Vinny has always been quiet on panels. Also, Dan said his anxiety don't act up during panels now, I don't think that was much of a risk at all.

Visceir

Was it April 29th they gave as the likely date for the BLLSL? Sounded like Vinny and Alex would come to SF for that!

edit: I also got the impression that they were close to hiring someone now.

They will probably do a segment from NY. Even mentioned the date being uncertain because their office/internet stuff not being sorted out yet.

hamchan

David Brent and Giantbomb Q&A's are the most cringe inducing things in existence.

Yep. Easily on par with the Office for cringe inducing things. Heck, Giant Bomb Q&A might even be a better cringe comedy for a while until you realize that it's real people asking the questions, then it gets a bit sad.

That one guy who actually got legit laughs from the crowd and the Bomb crew but thought they were laughing at him. Goddamn, talk about turning a glorious moment into one of the most painful things I've ever seen at a GB Q&A. Then Geff burning him at the end was hilarious, but man, I bet that guy feels extra crap after that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
WHAT THE FUCK

I might try one before binning them but usually they're gross. Smell awful too, but:

You need to get your home fried ones man. I find chinese restaurants to use crackers that are too porous and too sweet. The ones that my family fry is thick and crunchy with a more umami flavour from the prawns.

Basically they need to look like this. Guess these variants originate from malaysia/thailand which what I'm more used to.

these do look nice, and I'm not at all opposed to the idea of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom