• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Man Hardline looks fucking terrible, on multiple levels.

Also it makes me want to re-install Driver:San Francisco.

Also... WOOP WOOP

I don't even know why they bothered releasing it once it missed holiday, unless they simply had too much money invested not to. Hardline was nothing but a half-assed cash grab meant to fill a hole in EA's 2014 holiday lineup for "modern military shooter."

I imagine they'll buy off a bunch of streamers to scream and hoot about how it's the next Jesus (like Wildstar) and then after a week or two it will vanish.

Man Hardline looks fucking terrible, on multiple levels.

Also it makes me want to re-install Driver:San Francisco.

Also... WOOP WOOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEn60keGiMQ

I don't even know why they bothered releasing it once it missed holiday, unless they simply had too much money invested not to. Hardline was nothing but a half-assed cash grab meant to fill a hole in EA's 2014 holiday lineup for "modern military shooter."

I imagine they'll buy off a bunch of streamers to scream and hoot about how it's the next Jesus (like Wildstar) and then after a week or two it will vanish.

I think they wanted it far away from battlefront that is why they released it now

Xater

How to get around controversy BF Hardline edition:

You get more points for arresting guys instead of just taking them down. Then you ignore their rights anyway.

Also this game looks bad. Does not seem fun to play at all.

I think I like BF Hardline...

8u7j56u.png

Patryn

Wow. Just started watching the Hardline QL and the game seems about as morally repugnant as I thought it would be. Seriously, Battlefield should have never tackled cops, because it really doesn't fit what that series is.

Teddified

I could see myself getting BF Hardline down the line for cheap. As long as reviews show that the story is mostly ok, and fun. I don't think I'm really interested in BF MP(or any really) much anymore though so SP being good would be the only reason for me to buy it in like a year at a cheap price.

Maybe the star wars game could change that, but I'm not gonna touch that game at launch.

I could see myself getting BF Hardline down the line for cheap. As long as reviews show that the story is mostly ok, and fun. I don't think I'm really interested in BF MP(or any really) much anymore though so SP being good would be the only reason for me to buy it in like a year at a cheap price.

Maybe the star wars game could change that, but I'm not gonna touch that game at launch.

I'm going to see how people take to the campaign as BF4's campaign felt like it was made by 3 drunken garbage cans with a budget,

the online alpha and beta were both interesting but they both just made me want to play BF4 online instead.

I think I like BF Hardline...

Yeah I'm kinda with you there. The single-player looks alright... I guess. But it at least it looks more interesting to play than what we got in BF3 and BF4. Hell, I put somewhere near 200 hours into BF4 and I enjoyed playing the BF Hardline beta so it almost seems like a no brainer to pick it up at some point.

Whoop whoop

Teddified

I'm going to see how people take to the campaign as BF4's campaign felt like it was made by 3 drunken garbage cans with a budget,

the online alpha and beta were both interesting but they both just made me want to play BF4 online instead.

Heh, I only need to beat the Campaign of BF4 to get the platinum for it. Because of the save issues I didn't mess around with it when it launched. And I just can't seem to bring myself to start it because of how bad it seemed. I'll probably do it eventually since I'm a crazy person and since I own BF4 digitally.

Heh, I only need to beat the Campaign of BF4 to get the platinum for it. Because of the save issues I didn't mess around with it when it launched. And I just can't seem to bring myself to start it because of how bad it seemed. I'll probably do it eventually since I'm a crazy person and since I own BF4 digitally.

I played through it about a month or two ago and didn't have any save issues on the PS4. Just know that the campaign is pretty bad and that it might have the worst checkpointing system for a FPS in recent memory due both to the lack of them and where they're occasionally placed.

also, there's a pretty big callback to BF3 so i guess you might get something out of that if you played BF3

Teddified

I played through it about a month or two ago and didn't have any save issues on the PS4. Just know that the campaign is pretty bad and that it might have the worst checkpointing system for a FPS in recent memory due both to the lack of them and where they're occasionally placed.

also, there's a pretty big callback to BF3 so i guess you might get something out of that if you played BF3

Yeah I'll do it eventually, but I just started up Fallout 3(for the first time) recently while I was already in the middle of another game so I'll probably be backed up for quite awhile and have no enthusiasm to dig back into BF4.

I really like the idea of Hardline's single player, but this isn't a battlefield game at all.

I'd like to see EA take some of the concepts here and make like a Law and Order/CSI (episodic would work great in this kind of situation) kind of game since they have the budget to make a really flashy and cool product.

But that would also involve good writing....

Drew fighting The End is going to be hilarious. It would be even more hilarious if he doesn't finish him in the episode and then they come back to record after a week and he dies of old age.

guys should I get Chinese food or pizza(pepperoni and pineapple) today? It's very important and the bombcast talking about pizza is making me have second thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom