• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

P4 ER DONE!

That was fun. I don't think they ever did something with this feel ever again for future Ers and LPs. Pretty sad that we may never get another Jeff/Vinny ER either. Oh wells.

You have reached Giant Bomb Fan Social Rank X.

You have forged a link that can never be broken unless they don't do a Persona 5 ER and it's not exactly the same and why do things have to change oh god my youth oh god.

P4 ER DONE!

That was fun. I don't think they ever did something with this feel ever again for future Ers and LPs. Pretty sad that we may never get another Jeff/Vinny ER either. Oh wells.

I had been putting off watching as I have Persona 4 on my shelf, I've been meaning to play it for years, but reading a few of your comments made me start the Endurance Run. On episode 29 now and it's one of the best things I have watched on Giant Bomb. Jeff and Vinny are the best team. I love their humour, in this and the Deadly Premonition ER. Thanks for the encouragement.

tchocky

Is it wrong that I want Drew and Giant Bomb to talk over Eurovision like they do with Press Conferences?

Maybe record a few one off podcasts?

I am hoping the same but it would mean they would have to go into the office on a Saturday, but Drew, Dan and Danny watching Eurovision would be great content.

Slurmer

Banned
Does anyone remember the name of the book that drew was talking about getting for his Dad? Something about how to avoid getting caught as a spy.

Zaph

Got an afternoon to kill, any particularly stand-out QL's over the last fortnight?

Is it wrong that I want Drew and Giant Bomb to talk over Eurovision like they do with Press Conferences?

Maybe record a few one off podcasts?

That would be amazing, I'd love to see GB do even more non-gaming stuff (but not like those other awful 'geek culture' sites, we don't need another GoT recap).

LiK

I had been putting off watching as I have Persona 4 on my shelf, I've been meaning to play it for years, but reading a few of your comments made me start the Endurance Run. On episode 29 now and it's one of the best things I have watched on Giant Bomb. Jeff and Vinny are the best team. I love their humour, in this and the Deadly Premonition ER. Thanks for the encouragement.

I highly recommend P4 Golden over vanilla P4. Vanilla is missing way too many awesome new scenes in Golden and a lot of annoying game mechanics were smoothed out as well. I couldn't believe how much they added into Golden. Altho you could still watch most of the ER and then play through Golden later to see the differences. Golden is definitely the much more complete experience, imo.

Now you'll notice the litany of references to it in the Catherine videos they do as well as their Deadly Premonition ER, LiK.

Ah, I never got the references before, I should rewatch them.

-----

Okay, catching up on MGS3 while I clean. Looks like the Drew frustration already started in part 3, heh

Brashnir

29 is right about where it starts getting good. You ain't seen nothin yet.

daydream

Banned
Tell me how that is. I'm playing on my 3DS right now until we get a few more SKUs to work the bugs/design of the N3DS out.

first thing I did was pet a pig which then got angry at me and headbutted me in the stomach

goty

but seriously, I'm a complete newcomer to the series so I'm not the one to ask but it seems very well made and - thank heavens - beginner-friendly

the second stick circlepad nub works surprisingly well for controlling the camera, I played the demo on my vanilla XL and adjusting the view was a bit of a pain (although not impossible with a bit of practice)

can't figure out where to buy the pokeballs, though

first thing I did was pet a pig which then got angry at me and headbutted me in the stomach

goty

but seriously, I'm a complete newcomer to the series so I'm not the one to ask but it seems very well made and - thank heavens - beginner-friendly

the second stick circlepad nub works surprisingly well for controlling the camera, I played the demo on my vanilla XL and adjusting the view was a bit of a pain (although not impossible with a bit of practice)

can't figure out where to buy the pokeballs, though

I'm new too. Each MonHun gets better with making the game approachable for new players. They'll give you a bunch of test missions after you get the basic tutorials down where you can try out all the different weapons, I suggest you do all of them and find which one works for you.

daydream

Banned
I'm new too. Each MonHun gets better with making the game approachable for new players. They'll give you a bunch of test missions after you get the basic tutorials down where you can try out all the different weapons, I suggest you do all of them and find which one works for you.

we should catch'em all together sometime!

Does anyone remember the episode of the Bombcast where Vinny edited Patrick saying "no no no" about something that happened the day of recording? Is it on Youtube anywhere? I can't remember many specifics beyond that...

Does anyone remember the episode of the Bombcast where Vinny edited Patrick saying "no no no" about something that happened the day of recording? Is it on Youtube anywhere? I can't remember many specifics beyond that...

This is the episode: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-05-13-2014/1600-869/

Don't have timestamp for it, somewhere in the latter half I guess since it was news (Xbox One SKU without Kinect).

edit: Pretty great episode overall if I remember right. Greg Kasavin and Danny with editing by Vinny!

daydream

Banned
I'm still not entirely sure I know how multiplayer works... But ok!

I played the demo missions with GAF and you basically teamed up to hunt a monster, simple as that. Taking the whole game structure into account, it probably won't be much different. You just join someone's game and you do quests together. Pretty straight-forward, I reckon. And probably required for some of the bigger beasts (or just for a even more enjoyable experience).

In the past 24 hours, I have added Monster Hunter 4 to my amazon cart, removed it, added it to my wishlist, and downloaded a MH4 wiki app to my phone.

I've never had any interest in playing these games, and it looks like the exact opposite of what I find fun to play! GAF, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

cdViking

In the past 24 hours, I have added Monster Hunter 4 to my amazon cart, removed it, added it to my wishlist, and downloaded a MH4 wiki app to my phone.

I've never had any interest in playing these games, and it looks like the exact opposite of what I find fun to play! GAF, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
I developed an obsession with professional wrestling solely because of the Powerbombcast (I hadn't watched it in 12 years before last summer), and now subscribe to 2 streaming services, follow indie wrestling obsessively, and am going to sit in 2nd row seats in a WWE show tonight.

Motto: You could always have a bigger problem than you might already have. :)

jaina

This is the episode: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-05-13-2014/1600-869/

Don't have timestamp for it, somewhere in the latter half I guess since it was news (Xbox One SKU without Kinect).

edit: Pretty great episode overall if I remember right. Greg Kasavin and Danny with editing by Vinny!

Yes sounds like a great episode and besides the NoNoNo I don't remember what they talked about. Started relistening and am already 45 minutes in.

Also: all this MH4U talk tempted me into buying a game.. so I finally ordered a copy of Ghost Trick :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom