• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

The Nintendo news is absolutely huge, but for me too little is known for it to be very interesting right now. Not much interesting discussion in the GAF thread or on other gaming sites other than what it could mean for the future, which they've discussed several times when discussing the possibility of Nintendo going mobile. A short video of them reacting to it would've been cool, but I think we need to know some more details. I'm fine with it being discussed on the next Bombcast.

I think Dan made this happen with his comment at the end of his Kirby review.

If they made another of these Kirby games I'd be all over it on a tablet or phone.

The Nintendo mobile news is straight up the biggest gaming news since the Microsoft DRM reversal. Unless I'm forgetting something incredibly obvious and of enormous consequence, which I probably am.

the game just feels weird. it just reminds me of dragon age inquisition for better or worse

DAI is fucking horrible.

Conversely, the FFXV demo is pretty cool so far, but, granted, I haven't finished it yet. It is indeed fairly odd, though, as per Brad's assessment. The combat system plays way differently than it looks, and the characters, contrary to appearances, seem pretty cool. One of them is vaguely Layton-esque. It also incorporates a lot of WRPG shit, like having to level up at camp.

Also, I've only played thirty or so minutes of Type-0, and that game seems like a steaming pile. I'll probably rush through it and trade it in towards Bloodborne or something.

Haunted

What's the "big news of the week?" Just that Nintendo stuff? It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me if so, and I predominantly play Nintendo games.
What are you talking about, this is the biggest Nintendo-related news since the announcement of the WiiU.

Playstation twitter retweeted LiK

Lik shill

13.gif

I did the "Little Rocket Man" Achievement three times. First time playing Episode II I noticed the gnome and thought it'd be funny to try and bring him through the whole game, not even realizing there was an achievement. Second was when I was playing with commentary on, not knowing that it disables achievements. And third time was when I actually got it.

Teddified

God Damn, the amount of Super Mutant Overlords in Vault 87(Fallout 3) is brutal.

I know its probably because I'm level 26 and have all the DLC installed, but pretty much all of the Mutants have been Overlords.

/rant

Mr. F

Banned
Did the FF video go up prematurely and get pulled? Video doesn't seem to want to load and the YouTube version comes up as unavailable.

well it is not surprising

This is not the demo square promised

We were supposed to get drivable cars & magic in this demo

and closer & closer to to the type 0 release they removed these features.

I bet this is the only playable section they got so far

Why do people want nothing to do with the combat? The video hasn't even been up long enough to see if Brad gets used to the combat.

And they always said they didn't think the car would be in the demo.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not sure why but the ringtone at the beginning of the quicklook is the most annoying sound I've ever heard. The way it's mixed, it really sound like it's in my appartment. It's killing me.

KingKong

the difference between Western and Japanese rpgs has always been really interesting so having a Final Fantasy game make you take cover to recharge mp is so weird

I don't understand why people don't realize it's an alarm. People in a tent, obviously asleep, and the one guy who is awake putting it near the sleeping people.

Myggen

Is the bombcast dropping any time soon. My long commute home is happening in an hour or so.

Well, they recprded yesterday so there's a chance of a semi early Bombcast. Depends on what Brad has to do after this QL I guess, since he's the one who edits the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom