• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
What they played and random shit they did throughout the week and weekend.

I wouldn't mind short 15-30 minute podcast for "big news story of the week", as long as that's all it is.

Doesn't even have to be every week. Big news comes up. Quick reactions-well talk about it more on the next bombcast.

I would call it "The Fuse"

I'm rewatching the Giant Bomb talks over E3 press conference videos, and they're even better in retrospect. It's funny to see the things that caught their attention, know how many of them end up shaking out.

the game just feels weird. it just reminds me of dragon age inquisition for better or worse

I never played DAI (waiting for a decent price drop on the PC version) but odd is fine so long as its also interesting and fun. Hell, odd is still interesting even if it plays like crap (see Deadly Premonition as a recent example).

Odd might be the first thing someone has said about FFXV that's actually got my attention.

I never played DAI (waiting for a decent price drop on the PC version) but odd is fine so long as its also interesting and fun. Hell, odd is still interesting even if it plays like crap (see Deadly Premonition as a recent example).

Odd might be the first thing someone has said about FFXV that's actually got my attention.

I think it's safe to say that this is the first time anyone's can be optimistic over a mainline Final Fantasy game in years.

Type 0 looks crazy as well. But the camera makes me feel ill

I wouldn't mind if they make more action based FF now.

Persona & tales are my JRPG jams now

I don't want BB to just turn into "let's play through an entire game because we want to." We already kinda got away from the original intent of tackling one specific super hard achievement or challenge with Demon's Souls. I felt okay about that one because arguably the entire game is the hard part, but turning the whole thing into a glorified series of Let's Plays just feels cheap.

That weird hidden final level in 3D World that everyone says is so balls-out impossible would be perfect for this, but the legwork required to even unlock that thing would take more free time than I have right now.

If you're looking for achievements to take on in Breaking Brad:

Duke Nukem Forever - "Balls of Steel" - earn 1,000,000 points in the pinball minigame in Duke Nukem Forever

Rock Band 2 - "The Bladder of Steel Award" - perfect for the Big Live Live Show

Halo 3: ODST - "Vidmaster Challenge: Endure" - in Firefight, on any mission, passed the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic Live co-op

Left 4 Dead - "Untouchables" - no Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle

Left 4 Dead 2 - "The Real Deal" - Single Player - Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - "Speed Reader" - Single Player - complete the level "The Library" on Legendary difficulty in 30 minutes or less.

Call of Duty: World at War - "The Sum of All Zeros" - Single Player - down 45 Japanese Zeros in "Black Cats"

Hexic HD - "Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah" - surround one piece with six black pearls
Hexic HD - "Big Cheese of the South Seas" - Form a cluster of three black pearls.

Mirror's Edge - "Superstar" - Single Player - Attain a Time Trial star rating of 90.

Call of Duty 2 - "Veteran of D-Day" - Finished D-Day mission on Veteran difficulty.

Dorito's Crash Course - "Sore wa kantan desu" - Single Player - Finished Japan level 4 with a time of 1:40 or better

Trials Evolution: take your pick

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - "Little Rocket Man" - Send the garden gnome into space.

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - "Smile" - Single Player - 2, 4, 11, 15, 17, 18, and 19

EDIT: I tried to pick stuff that shouldn't take too much set-up, doesn't require you to play through an entire game on a hard difficulty, are difficult achievements, and should be fairly entertaining to watch.

Xater

Type 0 looks crazy as well. But the camera makes me feel ill

I wouldn't mind if they make more action based FF now.

Persona & tales are my JRPG jams now

For me it's just Persona and Shin Megami Tensei these days. I am looking forward to FF XV though. That looks pretty cool.

Personally not a fan of the tales game. Tried multiple ones and they just really bore me.

Myggen

I think it's safe to say that this is the first time anyone can be optimistic over a mainline Final Fantasy not sucking in years.

I'm hopeful for the gameplay and presentation, but the story is still a pretty big unknown. When I'm playing a JRPG that's dozens of hours long I do prefer the story to at least be somewhat engaging, so that's what I'm sceptical about right now.

So as someone who knows nothing about wrestling, I just listened to the Radiolab episode that came out last month about the Montreal Screwjob and I thought it was an absolutely fascinating look into all the backdoor politics, etc. in wrestling. Also they talked about kayfabe.

Xater

I'm hopeful for the gameplay and presentation, but the story is still a pretty big unknown. When I'm playing a JRPG that's dozens of hours long I do prefer the story to at least be somewhat engaging, so that's what I'm sceptical about right now.

Also for it to make sense would be nice and like follow basic rules of storytelling.

So as someone who knows nothing about wrestling, I just listened to the Radiolab episode that came out last month about the Montreal Screwjob and I thought it was an absolutely fascinating look into all the backdoor politics, etc. in wrestling. Also they talked about kayfabe.

You should read "The Death of WCW". That shit will blow your mind.

Myggen

Also for it to make sense would be nice and like follow basic rules of storytelling.

Yes, that would be nice. FF XIII made me lose hope in FF's storytelling, and FF XV's premise isn't filling me with confidence. But I hope I'm wrong, and I'll play the game because it actually looks interesting.

But FF XIII, man...that game nearly killed my interest in the whole series.

jgminto

The difference is that MGS4 doesn't play like complete shit.
Better controls aren't going to make better decisions for him. Drew hasn't been having many problems with the controls lately either. It's his play style that is the problem and that likely won't change with 4.

The English Voice Acting in ff15 is worse than FFX imo

Good thing they have the japanese voice acting in the demo hope that makes it into the full game

Yes, that would be nice. FF XIII made me lose hope in FF's storytelling, and FF XV's premise isn't filling me with confidence. But I hope I'm wrong, and I'll play the game because it actually looks interesting.

But FF XIII, man...that game nearly killed my interest in the whole series.

come on atlus

p5 worldwide launch this year baby

Xater

come on atlus

p5 worldwide launch this year baby

Whatever as long as they don't pull some region code bullshit I'll just import from the US. Or buy from US PSN. I'm sure as hell not gonna wait god knows how long for it to com out here.

I am currently playing SMT4 which is awesome, but man that wait...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan & Jeff QL please
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ling/cid=UP8004-NPUB31705_00-5STARWRESTLINGWW

XJIp4It.jpg

l4rL8lr.jpg

What's the "big news of the week?" Just that Nintendo stuff? It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me if so, and I predominantly play Nintendo games.

Whatever as long as they don't pull some region code bullshit I'll just import from the US. Or buy from US PSN. I'm sure as hell not gonna wait god knows how long for it to com out here.

I am currently playing SMT4 which is awesome, but man that wait...

I remember when atlus tweeted this for Ultimax

i was like no shit. arena should have not been region locked in the first place!!

Oh well Sega published ultimax in Europe so i hope they do it for P5

la cops QL was one of those 'jeff and dan chat about random stuff for awhile' videos which i am a-ok with

what happened jimmy

Well Xillia 1 was £5 and man Namco got me hard.

Also got the VITA Tales...

More tales games namco pls

What's the "big news of the week?" Just that Nintendo stuff? It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me if so, and I predominantly play Nintendo games.

Nintendo finally entering the 21st century and getting a real account system is the megaton for me.

Xater

Nintendo finally caving in and doing mobile, a new platform probably being officially announce next year and an upcoming real account system is not big?

Myggen

The Nintendo news is absolutely huge, but for me too little is known for it to be very interesting right now. Not much interesting discussion in the GAF thread or on other gaming sites other than what it could mean for the future, which they've discussed several times when discussing the possibility of Nintendo going mobile. A short video of them reacting to it would've been cool, but I think we need to know some more details. I'm fine with it being discussed on the next Bombcast.

I think Dan made this happen with his comment at the end of his Kirby review.

Nintendo finally caving in and doing mobile, a new platform probably being officially announce next year and an upcoming real account system is not big?

Nintendo going mobile was inevitable and we don't even have games announced yet so we don't even know if it will be much more than what the Pokemon company has done (mostly companion apps), we've known a new platform was coming for a long time and we still no nothing about it, and we don't know anything about the account system, so we don't know if it will mean actually being able to tie purchases to your account so that you can re-download games if your system is lost/stolen/broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom