• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
2735530-mgruber.gif

Holy shit.

I'm listening to the This Year 2010 Giant Bombcast episode and they got to the WiiWare/DSiWare section and I just can't keep it together at my desk at work. I'm dying at Jeff reading them in his extra low voice. I actually have tears in my eyes.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The GB love for MacGruber aside, is it actually worth watching? I haven't seen anything MacGruber related.

No, it is complete shit.

Dan, for all his idiosyncrasies, knows his dumb action film. But if MacGrube is any sign, he doesn't know his comedies. It is unbearable.

I actually watched through Vinnyvania Part 3 earlier today. First 48 minutes to get to Dracula, last two hours failing at fighting him lmao. I need to see Vinny play through Super Castlevania IV some time soon.

Bacon

I actually watched through Vinnyvania Part 3 earlier today. First 48 minutes to get to Dracula, last two hours failing at fighting him lmao. I need to see Vinny play through Super Castlevania IV some time soon.

I gotta go back and watch that series at some point. I think I only watched the first one or maybe two.

Seventy70

Back when everyone was in one place. Good times :'(

They really need to get more features out from GBEast. I want to hear what Vinny has been up to in his personal life. Quick Looks don't really allow them to talk off topic.

Fun facts about Castlevania: The final stage and boss fight of Rondo of Blood (and since it rehashes the end of RoB, this relates to the intro to SOTN as well) is pretty much identical to the final stage of Castlevania 1.

There's also a stage in the middle of the game where you fight just about every boss from Castlevania 1.

It's things like that that make Rondo a classico.

FStop7

Banned
If Drew is having issues with the grunts in MGS3, he's gonna enjoy some of those tougher enemies in MGS4, haha

The controls in MGS4 are far more "modern." If Drew makes it to MGS4 without quitting he'll find the controls to be a breath of fresh air, I suspect.

MGS4 controls are much closer to most 3rd person games than the rest of the series outside of MGSV. It's still kinda quirky but nowhere near as weird as the 3 games preceding it.

LiK

The controls in MGS4 are far more "modern." If Drew makes it to MGS4 without quitting he'll find the controls to be a breath of fresh air, I suspect.

I played MGS3 vanilla before they even implemented the new 3rd person camera. If people can't adapt to the controls like Drew, then of course you gotta blame the game and not the player...

MGS4 was improved but I didn't find it that much of a difference.

justjim89

I remember when I first played MGS4 on a Blockbuster rental, it felt like the deepest combat/movement yet in a game. Those first two acts are so damn good. It's a shame how quick it all goes downhill. Even the return to Shadow Moses was pretty underwhelming.

Metal Gear Scanlon 4 will be interesting because there are bound to be entire episodes where Drew doesn't get to play.

tchocky

For what it is worth - I am not sure Cara would be happy covering news and doing the odd quick look. Problem is that there is little money in the kind of writing she does enjoy. Tough mid-twenties career choices.

Cara responded to someone asking her if she would like to do more mainstream work on tumblr. http://caraellison.tumblr.com/post/113894784150/would-you-ever-want-to-work-at-a-more-mainstream

I think I thrive in constraints. I really excel at breaking preconceptions of what something is or how something is done. I find making something I initially think is dull interesting to engage with a kind of thrill. I think about news or anything else as a kind of opportunity to talk to a new audience in a way that brings them onto my territory and lets them look around. I don’t know if I’d be happy - I might - but the thing is, by the time I’d leave, I’d have made it my own and more people than ever would have turned up to read it. Largely a lot of people also forget that I wrote news at RPS and PCGN for a while anyway!

But i really don’t know until I do it, to be honest. And I could do it extremely well.

RE_Player

This is what the third week in a row where the guys manage to record the podcast before the big news of the week? Maybe it's time for a separate bite sized podcast for Friday's that wraps up the big news stories.

This is what the third week in a row where the guys manage to record the podcast before the big news of the week? Maybe it's time for a separate bite sized podcast for Friday's that wraps up the big news stories.
There really isn't much of a point, as far as I see it. We'll still get their reactions in the following podcast, most likely everyone who listens to them knows the news, and anyone that doesn't care enough to know by now won't benefit that greatly by hearing it three days sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom