• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I think this is one of the times where Jeff's negativity within the first 5 minutes is really off putting and forcing me to watch a random youtubers neutral disposition instead. With that being said the VO is pretty bad!

Myggen

Yeah, the combat looks alright.

edit: Laughed at the moment when Brad thought Jason was making fun of how those animals looked, when he was making fun of the characters.

"These guys? I thinking they're kinda cute!"

Xater

the cover/heal system reminds me of The Getaway Black Monday Cover/Heal system.

the getaway was good

The first Getaway was pretty good. Really enjoyed the story as well in that. It would be really cool to have more games use real world scenarios that are not the US or war zones in the middle east.

So as someone who knows nothing about wrestling, I just listened to the Radiolab episode that came out last month about the Montreal Screwjob and I thought it was an absolutely fascinating look into all the backdoor politics, etc. in wrestling. Also they talked about kayfabe.
I just listened to that part and as someone who never watches wrestling, that was fascinating.

Zocano

Why? What's the difference? The whole invasion aspect of the Souls games is made for trolling other players, PotatoMarshal is just fulfilling that role.

Super late on the reply but I basically posted that as I went to sleep.

Anyway, PotatoMarshal is fine in all cases except Old Monk. Literally locked in a room with him and no effective way to fight him and then he just delevels you over and over.

Yep nothing wrong with that, not at all. Invasion is fine. It's built for trolling, that's fine. Patrick getting caught off guard and then just forced to see himself get soulsucked is silly and he had every reason to just pull the plug. Though I would say he could have tried to beat him afterwards and find a way around it but the scraping items in Demon's Souls are still pretty horrible and hard to deal with.

Xater

Guy get your GIF makers ready for The Lobby:

bildschirmfoto2015-03gij4n.png

- J - D -

FFXV looks pretty cool. I mean, aside from the main character designs, but the rest of it looks fun.

It felt like Brad, Jeff, and Jason were warming up to it all over the course of the quick look.

haven't seen the QL, but what I saw of the FFXV demo made it look like monster hunter x dudes that spend too much time in shibuya

also summons

GavinGT

Banned
I'm sure the demo is only showing certain aspects of the final game, but nothing there excites me in the least. I don't want to run around a nondescript forest for hours on end.

I think the voice acting is fucking fantastic. You guys are crazy. We got a brit guy over there, we got a pretty boy one direction dude, we got the Rock, and we got Sasuke as the protag.

Fucking amazing. I'll be playing it in english all day.

I think the voice acting is fucking fantastic. You guys are crazy. We got a brit guy over there, we got a pretty boy one direction dude, we got the Rock, and we got Sasuke as the protag.

Fucking amazing. I'll be playing it in english all day.

It's exciting the same part of my brain that the Xenoblade voice acting excited.

NOW IT'S NOCT TIME

It looks like a cross between Monster Hunter and Xenoblade, but it still seems more promising than any Final Fantasy game I've seen in years.

Just started the latest Metal Gear Scanlon. Why is Dan saying there's a percentage chance of being seen based on camo? That is not at all how it works! It's completely proximity based. Higher the percentage, the closer enemies can be without seeing you.

What's worse than watching someone play a game they're bad at is watching someone play a game they aren't enjoying.

Not sure why Jeff was saying Type 0 was a mess at the end. It's not a bad port, it's massively improved from the PSP version. The motion blur that Jason isn't comfortable with doesn't make it poorly done.

Just think it's a shame that they seem to have thrown that game aside when it's a legitimately good, new(for us) Final Fantasy game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom