• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the demo. Maybe it's because I've had like three rum and cokes in less than an hour, but I am extremely impressed. The battle system totally clicked after a while, and I'm very interested in seeing how it works with magic and gambits. Definitely looking forward to the final release.

I liked it and I was completely sober!
Which is weird because I haven't been interested in an FF game for the longest time now.

LiK

I just finished the demo. Maybe it's because I've had like three rum and cokes in less than an hour, but I am extremely impressed. The battle system totally clicked after a while, and I'm very interested in seeing how it works with magic and gambits. Definitely looking forward to the final release.

i finished it too. it's pretty fun and everything isn't even final. i'm really excited for the game now.

Good to hear some of your positive reactions to the demo. The action based combat is kind of a deal breaker for me, but I'll no doubt buy it on release because it's a mainline Final Fantasy game and I'm a fool.

Speaking of which, I only just realised that MGScanlon: The End arrives in about 25 hours, not just over an hour :(

BearPawB

Banned
Guys. i am in full Bloodborne excitement mode.
I can't remember the last time i anticipated a game this deeply, with every fiber of my being. Skyrim maybe?
I've never been more confident in a game being everything I want it to be.

I just literally can't wait. I love this feeling, but it makes these next few days so painful

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I think I get more enjoyment from watching/reading people completely lose their shit than I do watching the GB crew play through a game.

valeo

Jeff's constant dick-sucking of IV every time they talk about the franchise is old and tired as shit. Even though it is a good game, nostalgia is what is making him sing praise to no end. The game is good, but so many others are better. Amongst the classics (pre-VII), VI alone shits on IV from a great height.

Did he even bring it up during that QL? Didn't notice.

He's allowed to like what he likes, you big Authentic Dickhead.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I watched that Final Fantasy quick look and god that mechanic of taking cover to recover MP seems dumb, maybe there's a good reason for it in the final release but right now it just looks dumb as fuck to me. Other than that it's looks good to me except for all the crappy parts that will probably get polished before release, probably.

erawsd

does the camera lock suck in FF15 demo, or is it just Brad being brad?

I would probably put it on the game since it feels like it has one too many layers of targeting mechanics. Its free aim but if enemies are really close to you theres a little bit of a "sticky" targeting, which I find annoying. I think Brad was using R1 which is just the soft lock on to the nearest enemy, to hard lock on you gotta hit R3, thats why his target kept changing when something else would get close to him.

I also find the camera too zoomed in and the default sensitivity is too low.

this is going to be the first FF game I've bought in like 8 years, isn't it?

lol "It's like if SMAP starred in a Final Fantasy game."

"I was going to make a Gackt reference..."

this is the best QL

How long does Drew get stuck in the Lab?

Type 0 is great, people should play that too :/ Dozens of NPCs whose dialogue refreshes after every story mission, world map, chocobo breeding, airships, and so on. Feels like an old school Final Fantasy game in a lot of ways but with really fun, modern combat. Really think it's a shame that it got thrown to the side in the quick look.

Edit: On episode 4 right now.

daydream

Banned
Type 0 is great, people should play that too :/ Dozens of NPCs whose dialogue refreshes after every story mission, world map, chocobo breeding, airships, and so on. Feels like an old school Final Fantasy game in a lot of ways but with really fun, modern combat. Really think it's a shame that it got thrown to the side in the quick look.

I've been hearing very mixed things. I'd check it out if I had a PS4, though.

I'd like to see a QL, fo' sho'.

Drew should be switched out for Jason on the Bombcast. I know seniority is a thing and Drew is great but let's be honest, Jason actually plays games and has interesting things to say about them.

Drew should be switched out for Jason on the Bombcast. I know seniority is a thing and Drew is great but let's be honest, Jason actually plays games and has interesting things to say about them.

Hush!

So Listening to the Bombcast, I think they pulled a fast one on us. For one, Dan, even though he said some things, is actually extremely quiet throughout the first hour of it. And Drews not there.

....END IS 5 HOURS!?

Jeff's constant dick-sucking of IV every time they talk about the franchise is old and tired as shit. Even though it is a good game, nostalgia is what is making him sing praise to no end. The game is good, but so many others are better. Amongst the classics (pre-VII), VI alone shits on IV from a great height.

It's especially odd hearing him shit on X-2s combat seeing as it has pretty much the same battle system as IV, only X-2 is much faster, that alone makes it infinitely more fun and engaging to me.

So I'm assuming Danny's Irish stream is worth watching?

ydqgPoQ.gif

yep!

Myggen

Ah goddamnit, I thought the new MGS3 episode would be up by now. Didn't realize I had the days wrong.

I blame the next OT Jimmy is gonna make.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So with Persona 4 Golden being on sale, is it worth it to buy or watch the ER on GB? For what it's worth, I hated P3 and generally do not like anime but am willing to give things a try with an open mind. (I'm playing 999 and enjoying it.)

So with Persona 4 Golden being on sale, is it worth it to buy or watch the ER on GB? For what it's worth, I hated P3 and generally do not like anime but am willing to give things a try with an open mind. (I'm playing 999 and enjoying it.)

It's probably worth watching the first few eps of the endurance run to get a feel for the game. The characters and tone are different from 3, so you might like it more. If it doesn't seem like something you'd want to play yourself, the endurance run is definitely worth watching. If you do end up playing, it's still worth watching in fact.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's probably worth watching the first few eps of the endurance run to get a feel for the game. The characters and tone are different from 3, so you might like it more. If it doesn't seem like something you'd want to play yourself, the endurance run is definitely worth watching. If you do end up playing, it's still worth watching in fact.

Thanks! I'll pass on this sale then and look into after I watch the ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom