• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

aRLkonK.jpg

Tested's last podcast was actually pretty good and had a long segment dedicated to VR - one area of tech where they're really informed, having demo'd pretty much all the major technologies multiple times. I remember Brad making a couple omissions during the last weeks' bombcast regarding what was annouced, so check it out if you want the full story.

tl;dw - Valve's solution seems to be the most fully realised/immersive.

the paparazzi missions in GTA V were one of my favorite parts and I kind of wish there were more of them.

like, just have an entire campaign based around Nightcrawler maybe?!

I'm actually kind of interested in FFXV even though I haven't played one since IX. I like the idea of a story about bros being bros with their bros and broing out. But it doesn't look like they announced it for PC which I assumed was a shoe-in given Square's recent PC porting.

danm999

I'm actually kind of interested in FFXV even though I haven't played one since IX. I like the idea of a story about bros being bros with their bros and broing out. But it doesn't look like they announced it for PC which I assumed was a shoe-in given Square's recent PC porting.

I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't make it's way to PC eventually.

Megasoum

Banned
Tested's last podcast was actually pretty good and had a long segment dedicated to VR - one area of tech where they're really informed, having demo'd pretty much all the major technologies multiple times. I remember Brad making a couple omissions during the last weeks' bombcast regarding what was annouced, so check it out if you want the full story.

Yeah Valve's look like the most interesting but god dammit I don'T want to have to setup laser crap all around my room.

Hell I don't even use a 5.1 setup because I don't want to have to setup speaker around my room.

i remember doing an english exam based on the short story the telegram. One of my friends who was really good at essays failed it because he kept calling the short story the telegraph in his essay

Zaph

Yeah Valve's look like the most interesting but god dammit I don'T want to have to setup laser crap all around my room.

Hell I don't even use a 5.1 setup because I don't want to have to setup speaker around my room.

Yup, I'm the same in that regards - I don't like speakers/cables around my living room and not fussed enough to go to the expense of wall mounting and running the cables into the wall.

That said, as cool as the idea of walking around in VR is, I think the vast majority of consumer experiences that make it to market will be the sit-down variety, with lots of head turning/chair spinning. You probably won't need the laser emitters that far away just for that - putting them either side of your desk/monitor should suffice.

Brad also alluded to some type of VR podcast/roundtable thing, but I guess the chances of that are getting slimmer the further we get away from GDC.
Been wanting Brad to do some type of semi-regular tech/dev focused thing for years - he knows quite of few really smart people who would be great on it. But I'm not holding my breath :(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Brad also alluded to some type of VR podcast/roundtable thing, but I guess the chances of that are getting slimmer the further we get away from GDC.

Megasoum

Banned
Yup, I'm the same in that regards - I don't like speakers/cables around my living room and not fussed enough to go to the expense of wall mounting and running the cables into the wall.

That said, as cool as the idea of walking around in VR is, I think the vast majority of consumer experiences that make it to market will be the sit-down variety, with lots of head turning/chair spinning. You probably won't need the laser emitters that far away just for that - putting them either side of your desk/monitor should suffice.

True.... Only reason I'm interested in VR is for cockpit stuff (I play a lot of racing games and flight sims) so I really don't care that much for the positioning stuff.

True.... Only reason I'm interested in VR is for cockpit stuff (I play a lot of racing games and flight sims) so I really don't care that much for the positioning stuff.

Same. Star Citizen and A-10 Warthog alone will pretty much justify my VR purchase. Anything else worth playing is just gravy.

kvk1

Aye. I'm in it for the space, flight, and racing games.

Maybe spectating some Dota 2 matches as well.

goodbyerealworld.jpg

Zaph

Same. Star Citizen and A-10 Warthog alone will pretty much justify my VR purchase. Anything else worth playing is just gravy.

Yup, basically a more immersive TrackIR. Plus, cockpit-based experiences avoids VR's big movement/control issue. Switching between 1:1 movement and input controlled movement immediately breaks presence and can cause motion sickness. But unless you have a huge VR-dedicated room, I don't see how it can be avoided.

TraBuch

Banned
Paparazzi seems like it could be fun if it was balanced better. Camera shot size needs to be smaller, and either have a limit to the amount of pictures you can take or have the missed shots be penalized more harshly.

rest at a bonfire......nice.

This FF looks pretty cool. Not sure about the combat though.

Combat seems like it could be pretty cool after they tighten it up near release. Brad wasn't using his techniques very much, I would be spamming that dragoon leap. Messing around with context weapons could be interesting, i'm curious to see how combat evolves over time in the full game.

Testeddotcom's Will Smith's beard sure is going places.

If I was him I would keep it going until they do another 24 hour podcast (if they still do those) and then go full clean shaven if they reach X goal.

Also is it me or does Final Fantasy XV Douche Version have way more content then Ground Zeros? Its a shame Konami didnt have a game they could have bundled that with. Konami should maybe make more games.

They're going all in on their health club business instead.

Then license their properties out. No real risk there so long as you don't just give the licenses to the first gamemaker newb to show up at your door and maybe we'd get a good castlevania game again, or a rerelease/remaster of more Suikoden games or anything.

At some point, they have to be making so little from their games division that selling it and/or their IPs off makes a lot of sense.

chogidogs

I think killing the transport ship of nuns and orphans being driven by a puppy just sealed the deal for me that Alex/Vinny is the best QL team.

popo

This might sound like vanity, in reality it is more laziness, but VR is a non starter for me as long as the goggles fuck up your hair every time you want to play a game. In the far future when the glasses look like sunglasses then maybe, but until then the game will have to be pretty damn special for me to go for a Ryckert cut.

the first time I ever heard of Dan was someone talking about Air Force Gator so I have to say that following from that, everything about him makes total sense to me.

Zaph

Everyone in that video looks like someone that would make You Don't Know Jack. Glad it's already funded.

The really low KS goal is what makes it so funny "yeah, duuude, if you can just kick us some rent money, I'm pretty sure we get you a game"

ultron87

A new kickstarter by Jackbox Games!

Kinda relevant for this thread, I think?

edit: The Kickstarter video even has a "BEST LOCAL MULTIPLAYER GAME OF THE YEAR - Giant Bomb" quote.

I funded this but I'm not sure if it will be as great as Fibbage and Drawful. Those both have the competing dual axis of putting in things that seem like the correct answer to win and putting in funny answers to win the most likes award. So people can play how they want without being forced to try to be funny if they don't want to. This one seems like it is just "funniest thing" and it also pits people's answers directly against each other. So someone that isn't good at coming up with funny answers will get explicitly shown this by the points and votes. So it could cause some bad feelings.

Einbroch

Banned
Brad's awfulness at games is usually amusing, but that FFXV demo was rough. Game looks alright, will have to see how it ends up being.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
"Episode Duscae" is the most Final Fantasy name I can think of. And here I thought Fabula Nova Crystalis was the pinnacle. It's so Final Fantasy it actually took me a few seconds to realise that Episode is just a normal word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom