• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Probably because I got in on the video an hour after they had started and hadn't seen that announcement anywhere.

He said it at several points during the video but anyway, my first point still stands. Might as well record the character creation since they have to do it at some point. Also, as someone who knows nothing about D&D, it was an interesting listen (had it on in the background, mostly).

I think with they're more flexible this time around with a smaller crew that's mostly GB dudes so we're probably gonna be seeing a more steady output of Unplugged streams.

if people are new/into this and are familiar with MBMBaM, the McElroy brothers do a pretty entertaining/funny D&D podcast with their Dad called Adventure Zone. Clearly explained and moves along at a good pace.

cool, I've recently blew through gametrailers D&D game and was looking for something similar

Myggen

I appreciate that, but with GB you never know if you're getting 2 episodes of a feature or 20.

I don't mind the setup if they keep the characters around for more than one dungeon

Well, they have to do the setup either way to start a game, on or off screen. So the choice is to stream or not stream it.

But yeah, let's hope they keep at it. I think Rorie will make sure they do, and barring 3 employees quitting and moving I think they will.

edit: Anyways, finally had time to watch Paul Ryckert's Quick Look Extravaganza 2015 today. Man what a great video that was! But the Hardline Unfinished was probably the biggest positive surprise of the year so far, I didn't expect anything of that movie and their commentary was pretty hilarious through the whole video.

hamchan

I appreciate that, but with GB you never know if you're getting 2 episodes of a feature or 20.

I don't mind the setup if they keep the characters around for more than one dungeon

I think it'll be a much longer feature this time than with Pathfinder. This time every player is in the building so it's much easier to schedule.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff should have sat in on this. Character creation is a lot smoother when you choose "Human, soldier, default, default, default, default, default"

Myggen

Jeff should have sat in on this. Character creation is a lot smoother when you choose "Human, soldier, default, default, default, default, default"

Haha, isn't Brad also a "human soldier" kinda guy? I have to admit that I pretty much always fall back on standard warrior in every RPG I play.

How can you be a games journalist and never played a Resident Evil game? I mean.. (RE HD QL)

Drew's a producer, not a games journalist/editor. It's just that GB tend to make "personalities" of all their employees eventually :)

Haunted

i mean

the set up is part of the game

you know about their characters and shit

its like the first part of a movie where you just introduce things

next episode theyll fight a dragon or some shit
hey now

if 20 years of RPGs have taught me anything, they'll be hunting rats in the inn's cellar

daydream

Banned
How can you be a games journalist and never played a Resident Evil game? I mean.. (RE HD QL)

Probably by not being a games journalist. Drew's a producer.

And if my memory isn't fooling me, we went over this exact point (= Drew being a video guy) just recently, maybe in the GOTY thread?

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
am I crazy or is Dan doing that eye twitch thing he talked about on Danswers

It happens more when I'm having anxiety issues, but it happens plenty when I'm feeling fine as well. I caught myself doing it a few times during the stream, despite feeling A-OK.

Well you may not be able to, but you can be a video producer for Giant Bomb.

edit: beaten. Badly!

I get it, OK. I appreciate their enthusiasm, but it comes across like those videos where old people react to videogames.

There are a lot of generous fans of GB, that mailbag haul was epic. What was with the label on the Star Fox 2 cart? Just to make it seem more like an official beta? The US cart kind of ruins that illusion, but its neat.

Myggen

Was this posted yet? A new Best Of Giant Bomb compilation on YT by xpantherx/TurboMan.

edit: Youtube comment from the latest mailbag:

jesus do u guys try and live like slobs at least if your gonna be fucking slobs organize it man thats gross just shit everywhere so unprofessional imagine there houses probably dirty dishes and trash man o man i guess the old adage is true just adult children

justjim89

Dan,

I'm not sure they get that your character is exactly Ric Flair. You need to lay it on thicker, because it's great. Anytime you enter a fight, you need to yell out "WHAT'S CAUSIN' ALL THIS?" and Wooooo in Brad's face.

I get it, OK. I appreciate their enthusiasm, but it comes across like those videos where old people react to videogames.

There are a lot of generous fans of GB, that mailbag haul was epic. What was with the label on the Star Fox 2 cart? Just to make it seem more like an official beta? The US cart kind of ruins that illusion, but its neat.

Being fair, at least it seems that Paul is in the joke than the other way around.

Myggen

Tuned in late, and this was the first thing I saw,,,

a8aeQ2W.jpg

HELP!

daydream

Banned
From the Persona stream thread:

4:40 AM EST (February 4): Top 10 P4G fan voted characters were the following [Event #4]:

#1: Yosuke
#2: Chie
#3: Adachi
#4: Yu
#5: Naoto
#6: Kanji
#7: Nanako
#8: Rise
#9: Yukiko
#10: Marie

wtf is up with #1

daydream

Banned
More surprised with Adachi being number 3. I mean, they give him backstory and character development in ArenaU/Golden but...

Also, lol TAKE THAT NAOTO!

I mean, Yosuke is the worst character in vanilla P4 so I find it very surprising that he's the most popular (well, who knows how many people voted for that but still).

And by 'worst' I mean 'very unlikeable', of course. They succeeded in writing an obnoxious bigot and douche.

fuzzyset

Just came back from Wednesday night DnD. I hope the GB guys have as much fun as I do with the game. Tabletop RPGs are so fun. I just hope they don't get too bogged down in the combat. The out of combat stuff is the most interesting IMO. Being able to say and do anything is a great contrast to something like a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom