• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Are you going to shoot me?"
"Sure."
"K, I'll get over here."
"Guys......"
"Alright ok, yeah. That's a...."
"Go for here."
"Ok yeah. Uh, Jason you might want to move."
"Yeah...."
"Drew, duck."
"Hold on."
POP
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Wunder

Anyone have a link to Unplugged? I was watching it when it was on the front page but I closed it and now its gone forever

Latest mailbag is great. Full of fun moments. Somehow I am not surprised that Dan doesn't like pickles. I'll also join in on the group saying FIX THE MANAGED LIVESTREAM!

Noaloha

Kinda think Rorie should just let the group reroll their super-poopy stats, or at least bump them up to a minimum of, say, 8-10. Was it two rolls of six for Dan, one for Drew?

The alternative is you and/or the GM end up kind of only half-representing, or representing selectively, the character that's been rolled, ignoring the starkly glaring mental handicap that something like a 6 INT is actually supposed to mean in the game's worldmodel.

Kinda think Rorie should just let the group reroll their super-poopy stats, or at least bump them up to a minimum of, say, 8-10. Was it two rolls of six for Dan, one for Drew?

The alternative is you and/or the GM end up kind of only half-representing, or representing selectively, the character that's been rolled, ignoring the starkly glaring mental handicap that something like a 6 INT is actually supposed to mean in the game's worldmodel.

But a 6 INT is so appropriate for Dan's character that a re-roll wouldn't do it justice.

Seventy70

Dan,

I'm not sure they get that your character is exactly Ric Flair. You need to lay it on thicker, because it's great. Anytime you enter a fight, you need to yell out "WHAT'S CAUSIN' ALL THIS?" and Wooooo in Brad's face.
I agree. It would be funny if he did the his voice too.
He wasn't talking about Paul, but of Drew not having played any RE games :)

Also, you're back!

edit: Jeff just fucking around with the gun in the background of the mailbag is so great

That was so hilarious. It was like he was preparing some kind of medical tool.

I think the mailbag was the first time I saw where the couch is located in relation to their desks. I want more videos like that.

So I can improve my floor map of their offices, of course

pronk420

so it sounds like KlepDogue might be doing a demon's souls stream from his twitter??

has he said anything else about this? is he going to do a demon's souls play through or something?

Myggen

so it sounds like KlepDogue might be doing a demon's souls stream from his twitter??

has he said anything else about this? is he going to do a demon's souls play through or something?

He said he would be doing that a while ago, so I expect it to happen.

Noaloha

But a 6 INT is so appropriate for Dan's character that a re-roll wouldn't do it justice.

I dunno, I dunno. Dumb is one thing, like it's absolutely a fun aspect of a character, "strong and charming, but rather dimwitted." That isn't really what a 6 corresponds to though, within the ruleset, hell within the simple bellcurve math and distributions. A 6 is more like severe learning difficulties. It's straight up mentally handicapped. "The disabled fellow with the big smile and muscles." I assume Dan's image of his character is that of an uncomplicated, simple-thinking bruiser with high aspirations, but he's ended up with Hodor dressed in silk robes.

simantics_dnd_iq.bmp

Distributions showing natural three dice totals, and the 'heroic' equivalent values that they used, with 4 dice ignoring the lowest. 6 is reaaally low, it sits easily in the extreme outlier realm of things.

Which, don't get me wrong, isn't to be all stiff and claim this shit is super-important; Rorie is free to use or interpret all of these numbers as best suits the story. And I've no doubt he will. But it's arguably simpler to just ensure that everyone's stats sit on the in-world scale at a realistic and roleplayable level. Bumping the 6s to 8s won't stop those characteristics from being sucky, but the numbers will at least crossreference against other NPCs more nicelier.

komplanen

I used to spend a couple of hours rerolling in Baldur's Gate before I started a new character so seeing these guys do one set of rolls seems both brave and stupid at the same time. Though I must admit Dan's "special" wrestler is going to be amazing :)

I wonder if the poor thing even knows how to read...

Jintor

I'm sure we'll hear about it next week or tomorrow or on his tumblr page.

...I'm sure a thousand people are going to bug him about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom