• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more into something that had everyone more actively running past each other. I wind up intentionally jumping into crowded areas lately just because it's more exciting to have some (relatively) big gunfights along the way.

Yeah, I spend too much time wandering around with no one to engage with. I even end up getting into the top 10, even top 5, with no kills sometimes.

tumblr_obqyh3UxKG1qbfiiuo1_r1_540.jpg

Nothing like playing Halo 2 all night and falling asleep in a plate spaghetti.

I felt bad about shooting a guy in PUBG, but I noticed I shot him as he was looting his victim. Then I went upstairs and found other dead people. So maybe I'm the good guy.

Just finished fast and furious 7 (with F&40s of course) and... That was good. Sad but good.
Enjoyed the series far more than I ever thought I would.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching old random quicklooks... I forgot about Dust: An Elysian Tale... As much as I don't care about that kind of artstyle I really loved that game and pretty much 100% it... I wonder what Noogy is doing these days?

TraBuch

Banned
I'm not gonna play it so spoil it if you want, but what's the deal with the whales and other animals and shit you roll on the ground in that Edith Finch E3 trailer at the Sony conference? Or was that a totally different game?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I wonder why the MK8D footage on UPF looks so rough. The framerate is not good in the video, even while Jeff is playing single player.

Tubobutts

I'm not gonna play it so spoil it if you want, but what's the deal with the whales and other animals and shit you roll on the ground in that Edith Finch E3 trailer at the Sony conference? Or was that a totally different game?
That part is in the quick look. I don't know if there's more to it than what they show though.

ryseing

It starts out great but somewhere around chapter 8 or 9 it just goes into a steep downhill before it ends more or less, great. It's just a shame because it could have been a fantastic experience all around had the execution been there all the way through. For instance, the strongest cutscene in the entire game is the post credits cutscene lol.

I also really dig the menu change and knowing the origin of the logo.

Altissia is where the game nosedives. I came in fairly prepared having watched Kingsglaive and such and I still had no idea WTF was going on.

Do you think Colbert knows Drew used to be a fellow CBS employee?

Maybe a writer for the show does and explained the meme to him. For instance, Mike Drucker (sometime Giant Bomb contributor) was previously a writer on The Tonight Show until he left for his position at the new Bill Nye Netflix show.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find trails in the sky to be a bigger investment because it's so fucking slow at times.

It's a good game I'm just not as super in love with it as most people.

Mr. F

Banned
What the fuck TLC

edit;

I wonder why the MK8D footage on UPF looks so rough. The framerate is not good in the video, even while Jeff is playing single player.

Maybe not isolated, I saw a few comments on the Dragon Quest quick look about their framerate looking fucked up compared to how the game actually runs - maybe something funky going on with their setup?

I find trails in the sky to be a bigger investment because it's so fucking slow at times.

It's a good game I'm just not as super in love with it as most people.
Yeah I'm between books right now so I'm just looking for something chill and text-heavy to play before bed, so the slowness is actually working for me now. Last time I tried Trails I had just finished Hearts of Stone, and following up some of the most compelling RPG writing ever is a tough task for any game.

hamchan

Maybe not isolated, I saw a few comments on the Dragon Quest quick look about their framerate looking fucked up compared to how the game actually runs - maybe something funky going on with their setup?

The frame rate was definitely messed up in the DQ Heroes 2 QL. It kinda made Jason saying the game was smooth and looked great as lies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I took a 6-8 month break from the first trails in the sky before getting back into it.

Probably more of a mood thing for me.

So, I was just playing EVE: Valkyrie on PSVR and there is this loading screen when it searches for purchases made in the game when it starts. It is sort of a virtual starfield, where you can just look at the stars around you. In that moment, I desperately wished someone would create a virtual planetarium with a full program like you would get at a science center or museum. I think that would be such a neat use of VR.

Lunar FC

Can Vincent please pay attention to how many characters he has left. ��

Also switch sides to how they originally were.

Edit: Vinny!

yami4ct

Cold Steel's better.

Depends on what sense you're talking.

In terms of gameplay, yep. 100%. They simplify systems that didn't work in the Sky series (the overcomplicated Orbment system for example) speed up battle and generally just give you more tools to work with.

In terms of writing, I think cold steel is a step back. CS1 leans heavier into anime tropes particularly early on for its main cast. It's a side effect of it being a much more ambitious story overall taking place over a whole empire instead of a tiny kingdom. They end up shortcutting a lot because of that. I admire the story for what it tries, but I think Sky ends up being a more satisfying writing package overall.

Finally watching the birth of Internet Dan. Man, seems like a total overreaction. I don't know if all of the writing is necessarily supposed to be funny? I feel like it's just serving the aesthetic of the game. I could see it being a bit much but I'm starting to like these theories that Dan just sees himself in the game lol.

Confirmed
---
Altissia is where the game nosedives. I came in fairly prepared having watched Kingsglaive and such and I still had no idea WTF was going on.

I watched the film as well and found it unnecessary on the whole. Like it was nice getting to see what was going on in the kingdom but that could have been easily added into the game in a way that would remove all of the film's filler, like making you jump perspectives at certain fixed points so you could get the entire impact of what's going on rather than having it feel very unfocused which is what we got in the end.

That part is in the quick look. I don't know if there's more to it than what they show though.

There's more to it for sure. You get to experience the Finch's family tree more or less while simultaneously learning more about yourself with thematic and gameplay elements changing depending on a family member's story.

jMzMSLV.png

Coincidentally, Amarisse, who some have speculated recently is the new hire, is included in this picture.

Edit: This is totally random. But, when I found that tweet, I noticed I had a Twitter notification. Turns out, I was followed by something called Clutch Baseball. What they are selling seems like one of those "why has no one ever thought of this before" type things. It appears to be a card battling game (a la Pokemon) in which you're creating a baseball lineup with cards and battling other players. And when I say game, I mean table top (with a mat and all). Seems like a pretty neat idea. While it's not something, I'm personally going to do, if anyone is interested, here is the link: http://clutchmoment.com/shop/.

I bet this is something that Jeff could be into. Maybe a future Unplugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom