• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to God if we don't have a Letterboxd equivalent for games in 2-3 years when I have a bit more web dev experience I'm going to build it myself.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
ivCoBLK.png

Hindl

I think I took a 6-8 month break from the first trails in the sky before getting back into it.

Probably more of a mood thing for me.

Yeah I've been meaning to get back to my game. I was 30 hours in and really enjoyed it, but other shit came up and I never went back to it. I feel shitty, but I'd love a Switch version. I think I'd actually finish it if I had that. The music is great in it too

Just got 15th in bgrounds, my highest. 2 kills. What a rushhh.

I got to 9th by luck. My last round was going so well, landed in a good spot, had good guns, had a getaway boat parked nearby. Saw one guy lurking around my position, so I tracked him until I picked him off. But as I was running to my getaway boat another guy rolled up in a jeep and got me.

Lunar FC

I got to 9th by luck. My last round was going so well, landed in a good spot, had good guns, had a getaway boat parked nearby. Saw one guy lurking around my position, so I tracked him until I picked him off. But as I was running to my getaway boat another guy rolled up in a jeep and got me.

Haha nice. I got caught in a situation where I had to run across this open field (being shot at by people far away) to avoid being killed by the force field. Made it with a sliver of health to spare, used a full med pack and then somebody snuck up behind me 5 seconds later. :p

Haha nice. I got caught in a situation where I had to run across this open field (being shot at by people far away) to avoid being killed by the force field. Made it with a sliver of health to spare, used a full med pack and then somebody snuck up behind me 5 seconds later. :p

Yeah. What I'm very quickly learning is to never feel safe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I've been meaning to get back to my game. I was 30 hours in and really enjoyed it, but other shit came up and I never went back to it. I feel shitty, but I'd love a Switch version. I think I'd actually finish it if I had that. The music is great in it too

I find that i just want all vita jrpg developers to move to switch.

bomma_man

I'm not normally the type to force myself to finish something I'm not into, but I really need to get through P5; P3 & 4 are two of my favorite games so I really want to have a "complete" opinion on this one. I'm excited that people are excited for it and it's awesome to see the series reaching a wider audience, but so far I'm downright bewildered at all the praise the story has gotten. Maybe it pulls it together in the back half? Hopefully? (I'm also just kind of a picky asshole when it comes to storytelling in general, so maybe it's just me, lol)

But man, once I finish up P5 and get through the last two books in my backlog (The Magicians #1 and Ancillary Justice) I'm pretty excited to dig into Nier Automata.

Late but

Fussy about story telling yet reading fantasy and sci fi novels 🤔

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also is P5's storytelling getting praised?

I've only seen "yeah it's another one of those" with variations on being better/worse between 3/4/5.

Ben Pack >>> Matt Kessler

I will not hear anything against Matt Kessler.

But seriously, could you guys just wait one more day to find out for sure and not create rumors about people? These guesses will just ultimately lead to other posters giving potentially hurtful evaluations of that person. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Ben to be a viewer of this thread who's suddenly confronted with having his personality evaluated as a "hard pass" for no reason.

Yeah Jeff talked at pax about all the cool new interactions that we could get from a new person. I have seen plenty of Ben, and ain't nothing exciting about that prospect.

Not only that but its falling back on an intern. GB needs a fresh perspective-its why Austin worked so well. Falling back on Ben is not doing something for the site itself, but doing it for selfish reasons of "oh I worked with this person before". Like yeah i can see why that is good, but its like what Patrick said-that it becomes a mistake of falling back on who you know.(which he was building off another piece that said the errors of falling back to your rolodex)

Not only that but its falling back on an intern. GB needs a fresh perspective-its why Austin worked so well. Falling back on Ben is not doing something for the site itself, but doing it for selfish reasons of "oh I worked with this person before". Like yeah i can see why that is good, but its like what Patrick said-that it becomes a mistake of falling back on who you know.(which he was building off another piece that said the errors of falling back to your rolodex)

Definitely . And I know some people don't like this being brought up, but GB is maybe the only video game website composed entirely of white dudes. I know it's not important to some people, but it's a huge issue to me. They changed that with Austin but now it's back to where it was. They can talk about being progressive all they want, but actions speak louder than words.

def sim

Vinny's put in the work for Soul Calibur. Was surprised to see a couple of juggle combos for the ring out. 👍🏻

oti

Banned
After a year or so of watching and enjoying the antics of GB, I finally caved on buying a premium sub (sale price tipped me over the edge). Feels good!

Now you're allowed to complain about the lack of #content. The real GB starts here.

Welcome to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom