• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
but nah piston

they can flash it like a gang sign all they want, most people aren't going to see a W and a P over ok

What? Ahh the three fingers and the reverse p, people are fucking insanly stupid.

When was this decided?

I'll be carefull the next time I go diving so nobody mistakes me for a neo-nazi when I use the "everything is ok" sign.

I'm stoked about the BG-stream, do we have know who will partake? Both east and west? How long will Vinny survive?

2935038-rickandmorty.jpg

VRodeo: Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Rorie lends his own form of insanity to this virtual reality.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've used grid view for a few years now, it can be daunting when you have 500+ games but I'm too used to it now to change.

Seventy70

I really wish it were possible for them to do some kind of collaboration with Stuart Ashen. I get the feeling that him and Jeff would get along really well. Their taste in games is very similar.

I think Jeff was saying one time that they need to get someone in to talk about the history of European game consoles. Unfortunately, Ashens is very far away.

Suplexer

All this talk of new hires convinced me to check out Waypoint and their podcast.

Man, GB losing Austin is such a huge blow. That guy is the future of video game journalism.

Whoever they hire I'm sure will be great for different reasons, but Austin is the exact mix of charisma, academics, open-mindedness, and modern perspective that video games need and I can't see GB finding that again. I hope I'm wrong because I want everyone to succeed but that's a really, really tough act to follow.

The Rick and Morty thing looks pretty awesome, seems to be a big improvement on Job Simulator. Finally playing JS was kind of a bummer, by the end of the two hours I was incredibly bored. Also didn't help playing on a jittery-ass PSVR.

Washed the hell out of the Mario Kart tournament lol. Didn't realize there was an 8 race limit for ranking. (Also, it doesn't bug me in single player, but I really can't stand the stat stuff in the last couple Mario Karts when it comes to playing online.)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All this talk of new hires convinced me to check out Waypoint and their podcast.

Man, GB losing Austin is such a huge blow. That guy is the future of video game journalism.

Whoever they hire I'm sure will be great for different reasons, but Austin is the exact mix of charisma, academics, open-mindedness, and modern perspective that video games need and I can't see GB finding that again. I hope I'm wrong because I want everyone to succeed but that's a really, really tough act to follow.

Yeah, dude is doing good work at waypoint, but his chemistry with the gbeast crew is in GOAT territory.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That Rick and Morty game looks excellent. still not many experiences out there that make me want to purchase my own Vive, but I definitely want to go to my parents place and use my brothers for a bit. Maybe I'll send him the game as a gift so i know its there, waiting for me, next time I visit.

Nerokis

Can you believe we had him for a year, though?

It almost feels like a dream now. Did we really go into space? Did we really get into gunpla?

TraBuch

Banned

But...The Beastcast is better than it's ever been with Dan.

Suplexer

I love the current Beastcast line-up, but for very different reasons.

Well, "very" different may be a stretch, but Austin brought a young perspective that I could relate to more than any of the other players at GB.

TraBuch

Banned
So is the last puzzle in Phantasmagoria 2 just trial and error? Or is there some weird, fucked up logic to it like that one stupid puzzle in Ripper at the library thing?

sirap

Austin works incredibly well when paired with GB's older crew. Not a big fan of Waypoint though, too much of a circle jerk imo. Not that Waypoint is the only podcast to suffer from this problem, but I really wish they had the kind of dynamic og Beastcast had.

Maybe it's better now? I stopped listening a few months ago.

TraBuch

Banned
Austin was fine and he brought a different perspective, which was nice, but he could really overpower a conversation and it got pretty annoying after a while.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So is the last puzzle in Phantasmagoria 2 just trial and error? Or is there some weird, fucked up logic to it like that one stupid puzzle in Ripper at the library thing?

I honestly feel like it's a mix of both. There is probably some logic to it that is lost on anybody but the designer of the specific puzzle.
God, a lot of FMV games had those kind of puzzles.

Actually, that's what I want to see from NoClip. A documentary on those fucked up puzzles in old adventure games, ranging from the P2 puzzle to the "Put glue on a fence, chase a cat through the fence -> mustache!" puzzles.

Totally.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Every time Rorie says "I thought I'm gonna die" I'm not 100% sure if he talks about the game or real life cause he FREAKS out.

Rorie should do all VRodeos

Linkin112

Yep, 100% agreement here. There were times during the Austin era where I'd see a new Beastcast episode was up and be like "Eh, I can wait a bit". Never had that with Dan being there, always an instant listen. And I attribute that to this:
Austin was fine and he brought a different perspective, which was nice, but he could really overpower a conversation and it got pretty annoying after a while.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's due to perspective because Dan just kinda disappears when the thing he isn't interested in comes up. Good example is the Persona 5 discussion where you wouldn't know Dan was there until Vinny asked him what he thought of it.

You also see that when they go into topics that relates to the wider industry.

Meanwhile Austin is really good at coming with nuanced takes on various subjects.

Also not his fault but the beastcast really needs to stop being danswers 2.0 during the email sections nowadays.

Fireblend

Banned
I think I like the Austin era at least a bit more because of how much his contributions shifted the podcast for me from a "background filler" to one I'd listen to attentively for his opinions (plus his tastes are similar to mine), but the Beastcast is more than one single member and I love Dan in it as well, he fits perfectly into the equation, as different as he is from Austin. Vinny is a master host.

Really like Waypoint Radio as well. I'm glad Austin made it big.

BearPawB

Banned
I think it's due to perspective because Dan just kinda disappears when the thing he isn't interested in comes up. Good example is the Persona 5 discussion where you wouldn't know Dan was there until Vinny asked him what he thought of it.

i'd rather that than him just saying he's not interested over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom