• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimbuff

Man we've had GTA-style open world games for a while now huh. I wonder what's going to be the next genre to emerge in the mainstream. I feel like roguelites/likes and "walking simulators" are the newest of these but we've had a lot of those and that we are due for a new genre/gameplay style to take over now.

It had 99% fallen out of my memory, but I actually played a lot of this game lol. It's a certain level of bland, "okay" jank that was mindlessly entertaining.

Hindl

Man we've had GTA-style open world games for a while now huh. I wonder what's going to be the next genre to emerge in the mainstream. I feel like roguelites/likes and "walking simulators" are the newest of these but we've had a lot of those and that we are due for a new genre/gameplay style to take over now.

Soulslike is the "new" hotness

Lari

I love the "bring your b-game" feature idea, can't wait to see what is the first game that will get a follow up episode.

I've never played Max Payne 1 or 2.
Do those hold up? I played 3 but thought it was really mediocre.
Like all Rockstar games

They're great games. The previous page deserves to be burned though for all that MP3 hate. I'll give you guys the fact that it's heavy handed in what it's trying to say but it's miles better than everything else R* did storywise in their other games. In terms of where Max is during 3, I thought the setup/reason was pretty good for why Max is a bodyguard in Brazil as he
halfway through the game goes into some sort of road to redemption after he fails miserably at his job. I think what I loved most about it is that Max decided to get himself into even deeper shit and it's like the escalation just never stops. It wouldn't be interesting to me if the game retreaded the same grounds as 1&2, 3 made some logical progression I thought.

Now would I have been interested in a MP3 made by Remedy? of fucking course but I thought what we got wasn't bad at all. Now story aside, the game has an amazing score.

SHELLS
MAX PANAMA
TEARS

and that gameplay?

BGmqH6l.gif

*CHEF KISS*

I started Prey today but am too tired to enjoy it properly so I'm not playing anymore until tomorrow. That's being a true nightmare person: too tired to play vidya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom