• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anyone playing prey atm can tell me how jump scare heavy it is?

Learning that it's an open hub intrigued me but i don't really feel like playing jump scare games anymore.

Cptkrush

Anyone playing prey atm can tell me how jump scare heavy it is?

Learning that it's an open hub intrigued me but i don't really feel like playing jump scare games anymore.
From what I played of the demo, every god damn object in the game has the potential to be a jumpscare. But I don't know how long that goes on for.

Antiwhippy

From what I played of the demo, every god damn object in the game has the potential to be a jumpscare. But I don't know how long that goes on for.

Yeah that's what I didn't dig from the demo but I dunno, I could be down for some walk-and-shoot-in-a-scary-sci-fi-open-world game again.

YRhN8AJ.png

I'm glad Dan is the main guy behind Bring Your B-Game. He always seems so excited to do videos, particularly compared to every one else.

If he weren't the guy spearheading the show, I'm sure this would be another segment we would all be looking back upon fondly next January, wondering "Why don't they do that anymore?"

I finally bought Battlegrounds two nights ago. I made it to #8 out of #99 in my first match because I somehow managed to not encounter a single other player until the one that killed me.

Zocano

Man, Dota is a mistake.

The loading screen skins have been something they've sold for a loooong time. But I haven't played the 7.0 update so I have no idea what's changed since then.

They were usually just something extra you'd get from chests you bought or TI chest/rewards

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Total Overdose was a game I had absolutely no recollection of until that very first "Spicy Move", where it all came back to me.

I guess that's why "Spicy Move" exists. Completely forgettable game otherwise.

Antiwhippy

Looking at the ign top 100 list and seeing people trying to logic out what game belongs where makes me think that ign should have done it gb gotycast style to show how inane ranking games are.

If top 10 is a shitshow i can only imagine top 100 being a wreck.

Playing Kane and Lynch 1 for the first time just to see what it's like, this soundtrack is dope. Didn't know Jesper Kyd composed the soundtrack of the game.

Battlegrounds is a game I adore despite being terrible at it. I have played over 50 hours and never won a match. Every time I come close to winning a match, I end up choking in the most bizarre way possible, even ones I had no idea were possible in the game.

My PUBG chokes

-Threw a grenade in the wrong spot when they were pinned down
-Somehow couldn't control my assault rifle at all when they were like 10 feet away from me and missed every shot
-Shotgun suddenly wouldn't fire
-Car gently rolled into a tree with very little health left and exploded
-Jumped out of slow moving car and it bounced off a wall and ran me over
-Ran out of a shed as a grenade was tossed in and exploded; realized an instant later that frags suck and my armor had absorbed most of the blast, so I could have stayed put and healed, but that train of thought was interrupted by me getting shot
-Tried to lean while hidden in a bush while I had one of two remaining guys pinned down, somehow pressed A instead of Q despite having never done that before ever, the other guy turned out to be right behind me in the only spot in the circle I couldn't see, and he had no idea I was there until I halfway sidestepped from the bush

Battlegrounds seems like a game with a simple premise that just works in such a good way that anyone could like it.

There's competition between other players, there's the anxiety and tension from running around, and it's a shooter. There's alot there.

I'm not surprised Alex likes it and so does most of the crew.

Nerokis

Looking at the ign top 100 list and seeing people trying to logic out what game belongs where makes me think that ign should have done it gb gotycast style to show how inane ranking games are.

If top 10 is a shitshow i can only imagine top 100 being a wreck.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised more sites don't do this. Seeing people reason through the rankings is more interesting than the rankings themselves.

oti

Banned
Battlegrounds is pretty boring to watch honestly.

I think the deal with this game is that every match writes its own story. Just watching it can't convey that. But I love watching them play it.

I think it looks cool but I'm not that good with mouse and keyboard so I wait for a more polished game that does this kind of thing on consoles. But that can take a long time.

I'm wondering, what if the next Far Cry does this as its multiplayer? That would be interesting.

Joeku

Playing Kane and Lynch 1 for the first time just to see what it's like, this soundtrack is dope. Didn't know Jesper Kyd composed the soundtrack of the game.
Weird as it may be to say on GB, but both of those games have something of merit to them. Io delivers on grim in a way most developers can't.

Weird as it may be to say on GB, but both of those games have something of merit to them. Io delivers on grim in a way most developers can't.

Oh no doubt, the gameplay isn't even any good but the narrative route it takes is pretty interesting. Still not a great game by any means though.

Jintor

My only real negative about the new Hitman is the total lack of Kyd for the soundtrack. Apart from the crazy prog rock stuff the ost really blows

Joeku

Just catching up on the Beastcast, and Bakalar is so good with impressions.

I don't think there's anywhere else on the Internet someone could make a "What Remains of Edith Bunker" joke and sell it.

Battlegrounds is a game I adore despite being terrible at it. I have played over 50 hours and never won a match. Every time I come close to winning a match, I end up choking in the most bizarre way possible, even ones I had no idea were possible in the game.

My PUBG chokes

-Threw a grenade in the wrong spot when they were pinned down
-Somehow couldn't control my assault rifle at all when they were like 10 feet away from me and missed every shot
-Shotgun suddenly wouldn't fire
-Car gently rolled into a tree with very little health left and exploded
-Jumped out of slow moving car and it bounced off a wall and ran me over
-Ran out of a shed as a grenade was tossed in and exploded; realized an instant later that frags suck and my armor had absorbed most of the blast, so I could have stayed put and healed, but that train of thought was interrupted by me getting shot
-Tried to lean while hidden in a bush while I had one of two remaining guys pinned down, somehow pressed A instead of Q despite having never done that before ever, the other guy turned out to be right behind me in the only spot in the circle I couldn't see, and he had no idea I was there until I halfway sidestepped from the bush

I just had my worst choke. Me and one other guy. He has no idea where I am. I, unfortunately, have a m416 without any scopes. No throwables, no healing items, lvl1 armor, all around rubbish scavenging. But I managed to get there at the end, and I see the guy hiding on the wrong side of a tree, healing from his shoot out with #3. From the gunshots I know the guy has some strong weapons, a sniper and a semi-auto shotgun, so I keep a modest distance. I'm trying to line up my shots and I tag him twice. Guy spins around and snipes me to take off 2/3rds my health in one shot. And then I notice my health crashing down because I forgot about the electric zone. But he was in the blue zone, too. Came down to who had more health. He somehow outlived me. At least I ran over someone with a buggy that round.

LiK

I'm really surprised Alex is enjoying Battlegrounds that much but I'm happy that he is.

Alex has been the most open about games this year. Seems he's trying out everything that people have said is good. I think he's really giving every game a chance and I respect that. I wish Dan would at least watch the P5 opening so he sounds less clueless about it.

If it comes out of early access this year, PUBG seems like a lock for 3rd place in GOTY, like Rocket League and Overwatch before it.

3rd place- where beloved multiplayer games go to die.

LiK

If it comes out of early access this year, PUBG seems like a lock for 3rd place in GOTY, like Rocket League and Overwatch before it.

3rd place- where beloved multiplayer games go to die.

Early Access games aren't even considered unless they decide to break the rules. It'll most likely get its own category.

Thank Zeus I don't care about Dota.

The amount of shit you can buy is scary. No wonder Valve doesn't make new games anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom