• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

According to the Wiki.

Victoria' last appearance depends on the ending you choose :

Max sacrifices Chloe :

She will appear along with Max, Joyce, David and other Blackwell students and mourn over Chloe at the cemetery.

Max chooses to sacrifice Arcadia Bay and save Chloe :

Victoria won't be seen as she presumably dies during the storm.

I don't think that's true.
I got both endings before and tried the other choices but she died anyway. I don't remember her being at the funeral either. It's been a while.

Joeku

I'd rather LiS 2 have nothing at all to do with the cast of the first game. Frankly, considering the ways the first could have ended, I don't know how they possibly could continue with any of those characters.

Just young adult character + sci-fi conceit somewhere in the world.

Edit: LiK, I'm almost positive that
Victoria is at the funeral, or at the very least can be if you warned her about Nathan at the party.

LiK

I'd rather LiS 2 have nothing at all to do with the cast of the first game. Frankly, considering the ways the first could have ended, I don't know how they possibly could continue with any of those characters.

Like I said, the devs said Max's story is done. If they do a sequel, it will most likely be with a new cast.

Edit: LiK, I'm almost positive that
Victoria is at the funeral, or at the very least can be if you warned her about Nathan at the party.

I did the same thing there too. I'm sure you guys are probably right but I don't remember that in my game. I uninstalled the game after I got the Plat so maybe I'll rewatch the ending on YT.

The ending was pretty emotional so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't pay attention as much during it, lol

FluxWaveZ

I don't think that's true.
I got both endings before and tried the other choices but she died anyway. I don't remember her being at the funeral either. It's been a while.

I distinctly remembered her being at the funeral.
And she is.

TraBuch

Banned
Jasons is worse

dude has like a grown ass kid from a former life

You should listen to the danswers with him. I think he's a teenage dad?

Jason had a kid when he was like 15 or something. Jason's past is probably worse than Jeff's
Wow. Listening to the Danswers episode and shit's pretty crazy. I've always know he had another kid a while ago, but didn't realize it was when he was still a kid. And his girlfriend was pregnant at 13? Couldn't even imagine.

Things sounds like they've worked out though, much respect to him.

Meguro

Banned
Wow. Listening to the Danswers episode and shit's pretty crazy. I've always know he had another kid a while ago, but didn't realize it was when he was still a kid. And his girlfriend was pregnant at 13? Couldn't even imagine.

Things sounds like they've worked out though, much respect to him.

Wait, this is the first I've heard of this. That's what I get for not listening to Danswers I guess.
I knew Jason had seen some stuff but wow.

Ashby

Question about Nier: does it make it obvious what to do to get all the endings or is there some obscure bullshit I gotta have a spoiler free guide open next to me to know about?

Xater

Question about Nier: does it make it obvious what to do to get all the endings or is there some obscure bullshit I gotta have a spoiler free guide open next to me to know about?

You just play through it multiple times. There is no extra knowledge needed to get them all.

Vic Tokai

Neo Member

Think of them as a series of linear-ish paths -- as you complete one, your next "new game plus" will automatically put you on the rails towards achieving the next. It's all very straightforward.

patapuf

Nah, you just play through the game. There is nothing you can miss for getting the main endings.

ev0

Think of them as a series of linear-ish paths -- as you complete one, your next "new game plus" will automatically put you on the rails towards achieving the next. It's all very straightforward.

This was an answer to a question I didnt even know I had, and this probably makes it a purchase for me now.

Too many good games this year, and was afraid Nier would take too much time to figure out the endings. I saw you can buy Trophies too lol.
Still on sale at Best Buy too!

Ashby

This was an answer to a question I didnt even know I had, and this probably makes it a purchase for me now.

Too many good games this year, and was afraid Nier would take too much time to figure out the endings. I saw you can buy Trophies too lol.
Yeah, these answers were a happy surprise and I'm picking it up from my local library after work today! Thanks everybody!

Man, that sucks about IO. They're extremely talented. With that said, I think they can make a great stealth game without the Hitman license. I have Hitman and have only played the tutorials so far, but I can tell it's a really well crafted game.

Vic Tokai

Neo Member

Glad to help! It really is a superb game. My favorite gaming experience in years, in fact. The flip side of you not realizing you had that question was me not realizing that some people were intimidated by the idea that the game might contain some possible time-wasting fuckery when it comes to seeing all of the story. For anyone else feeling that way who might read this, let me assure you that the game is actually VERY fair and mindful of the player's time in this regard. The main story quests will always steer you in the right direction. There is some side stuff that is buried beneath twisty ways to get to it, but only extremely optional content is presented in that way, for you to dig into it further only if you choose to.

mhanna49

Neo Member
I'm looking forward to the Sega Saturn stream. Some of my first gaming memories are playing Daytona USA, Offworld Interceptor, Total Eclipse and Virtua Cop co-op with my older brother. I don't remember how or why my parents decided to get the Saturn.

Hindl

Quick poll.

Neon or Black switch?

Black. Neon is ugly in a way that's amazing but I feel like eventually you'd just be sick of looking at it. Plus you can get Neon Joycons if you really want them (although the color scheme is reversed). Though I guess you could also just get the Neon Switch and Black Joycons

Hasney

I've been trying to find Neon controllers for months to no avail. They're so cool.

Yeah, the sold separately pack being the opposite colours to the pack in is making me want that version as well. I'm just glad I don't like the yellow ones or I might get a Joycon addiction.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Black is for boring people who are boring or couldn't find neon (like me)
Neon is for cool, fun people with lots of friends.

TraBuch

Banned
More people should listen to Danswers. They were a ton of fun with
alot of revelations.

I dunno. I listened to the Jason one earlier and outside of Jason's life history and when Dan lied about a certain something, I thought it was pretty boring. Dan giving relationship advice is not something I really care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom