• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Yooooo, the first STEEP expansion came out and it's pretty cool! It's super goofy and has you do a whole bunch of challenge missions that eventually end with "boss fights" They added a new sport too, sledding! The sleds are amazing since you have very reduced control as you need to keep your balance and avoid turning too sharp or sudden since you will get thrown off! The animation work is pretty great too because it's just your character starting to look like he's freaking out as you barrel down the side of a mountain, laid down on a wooden sled. You can christ air the sled and standup on it btw. The whole expansion adds a flavor to the game that I say reminds me of Far Cry: Blood Dragon (in terms of just being goofy, colorful, and fun!) Can't wait to see the other two expansions!

Makes me wish that this was the game we got on launch because I think the GB crew would have spent a little more time with it

Nice try Yves!

Brad killed Mass Effect AND Hitman.
Dota, you're next

Hitman seemed like the game everyone loved to watch but noone actually bought

... because everyone was watching it
It's a very enjoyable game to watch and play. I got the game day 1 since I wanted another Hitman game after the average Absolution. I think what's most frustrating about this news for me is that it came right after this...

glacier2multixoutl.png

justjim89

Man, I was getting so happy that immersive sims were on the rise again.

Then no one buys the god damn things.

Fuck this world. Hitman was incredible, Deus Ex was really good, Dishonored 2 was a worthy successor to the best game of the last generation, and Prey seems absolutely superb so far.

Fuck this.

strafer

Portugal has the worst song by far but everybody except me loves it. So Portugal.
Or Sweden. It's usually Sweden.

I can't go on
I can't go on
Gotta keep it together

Don't get me wrong
Don't get me wrong
Cause baby you make me better

Hey

With just one look you make me shiver
I just wanna take you home
Wanna go OH
Yeah I wanna go OOH

Now girl you make me a believer 
I wanna take off all my clothes  
wanna go OH
You make me wanna go OH

I just can't go on no more
When you look this freakin' beautiful

ooh

Hands down to the floor my love
And I'm doing 
Whatever you want

I can't go on I can't go on 

You've got me good
You've got me good
And I'm not going nowhere

Right in your hook
That's understood
But Im take you to somewhere

I just can't go on no more

Hands down to the floor my love
And I'm doing 
Whatever you want

So freakin' beautiful
Baby I just can't go on

So freakin' beautiful
Baby I just can't go on

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck Square Enix

Selling a studio after one poor selling game is already short sighted, but selling a studio when their next "game" is already 40% done by virtue of using the exact same engine and likely the same mechanics as the previous one? How much was Season 2 really going to cost them to just find out if the sales would rebound?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hitman's episodic release plans + online only drm + no disc release on consoles for almost a year = knee-capping themselves.

Curufinwe

Bitching at publishers for getting out of games that don't sell well enough to justify further investment is lame. I thought Deus Ex MD was great, but it didn't sell well enough to justify another sequel.

Joeku

For what it's worth I'm not surprised in the least; I just would have hoped they'd attempt to weather the storm, especially considering how forward-facing the game's release model was.

Hasney

Bitching at publishers for getting out of games that don't sell well enough to justify further investment is lame. I thought Deus Ex MD was great, but it didn't sell well enough to justify another sequel.

Well if they send them out to die, people can be annoyed at when they do die.

Not saying that with Hitman though as other decisions held it back, but the lack of any marketing for Deus Ex or anything western that isn't Tomb Raider, is what kills most of their games.

Considering how well Absolution did, you'd think they'd have another shot at it.

Hasney

Nope. The verdict was a resounding No, so we get a new one. They all voted to move on to the next B game.

Yeah, Dan mentioned Abby getting a vote too, so depending on how the next game goes, the chat can be used in the event of a tie. Didn't enjoy the stream too much last week due to the game, but it is a fun idea for a weekly stream, so I'm down to see what's next.

LiK

You didn't watch the ending of that stream, didn't you?

Nope, had to shut it off cuz I was leaving work.

There was a unanimous vote against it at the end of the stream.

I have good news for you

And that news was just posted.

Nope. The verdict was a resounding No, so we get a new one. They all voted to move on to the next B game.

Oh thank gawd. Thank you GB community.

Hasney

Oh thank gawd. Thank you GB community.

It's the people in the studio that vote. THANKS PAPA VINNY.

I still think they should do at least two games for the ��-game series

Yeah, just have a backup and vote at half time or whatever. Because a bad game can be fun to rip on for a bit, but not the whole stream if it does turn out to be shite, but at least the variety would re-energise the show if it is dragging like the last game.

Curufinwe

Ugh, you reminded me they're gonna probably play more of that shitty game from last week for B-Game.

Hopefully Vinny is changing the feature to "Bring Your P-Game" where he plays a recently released game beginning with P that he doesn't have time to play at home.

patapuf

Fuck this world. Hitman was incredible, Deus Ex was really good, Dishonored 2 was a worthy successor to the best game of the last generation, and Prey seems absolutely superb so far.

Fuck this.

Jep. I am sad.

People should buy immersive sims so i can get more of them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Fuck this.

Yeah, right? My heart is bleeding. I guess it's back to empty open worlds with 800 fetch quests now.

Also IGN just gave Prey a 4 because the reviewer encountered a game breaking bug after 40 hours despite writing that the game is "good, maybe even great". That's......weird, right?

Yeah, right? My heart is bleeding. I guess it's back to empty open worlds with 800 fetch quests now.

Also IGN just gave Prey a 4 because the reviewer encountered a game breaking bug after 40 hours despite writing that the game is "good, maybe even great". That's......weird, right?

Not weird at all. Reviews are based on the experience of the reviewer. The experience was positive until the game broke and couldn't be finished.

It's fucking dumb as hell. Just put out a piece saying you can't run the review until a patch and caution people against buying until said patch. This is just spiteful and petty and irresponsible and serves no one. Apparently the patch that's on the beta branch on Steam right now solves those issues.

How the fuck do you even put a number on "this game is great but it broke for me". And how is that number a 4.0. Dan Stapleton is a fucking idiot.

hamchan

I don't blame Square Enix much for the Hitman thing. They seemed to give it a fair shot and it didn't pay off for them. That stuff just happens.

Curufinwe

It's fucking dumb as hell. Just put out a piece saying you can't run the review until a patch and caution people against buying until said patch. This is just spiteful and petty and irresponsible and serves no one. Apparently the patch that's on the beta branch on Steam right now solves those issues.

How the fuck do you even put a number on "this game is great but it broke for me". And how is that number a 4.0. Dan Stapleton is a fucking idiot.

Stapleton is still mad he wasn't able to give 4.0 to crappy Japanese games like Bloodborne and Bayonetta 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom