• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

I'm not even sure there's a lot to talk about with Persona. So much of that game is about the story and characters so you don't want to talk about that. You can talk about its style or the improvements its made over Persona 4 for gameplay, but without talking about spoilers there's maybe one 20 minute discussion you can wring out of it

Speaking of Persona, I finished the 3rd dungeon, and something about it wasn't grabbing me. Kinda felt like a slog, was glad I could get back to the other parts of the game once it was done. And Ann's airheadedness is starting to irritate me

Well no one's playing Persona 5 on the West Coast, and Horizon kinda got buried by it. Horizon is an excellent open world game, one of the best in years. But then Zelda came out, and a lot of the duders who were playing Horizon dropped it for Zelda. And there's just a ton to talk about with Zelda. Regardless of your feelings of it and it's many flaws, it is legitimately one of the freshest open world games in years, and lends itself to a lot of in-depth discussion about what makes it special. Plus, given the nature of it, everyone is going to have different things to say about it, whereas a game like Horizon or Persona is more or less going to be similar experiences for everyone. But I will agree that it's kinda crazy they're still talking about it a month and a half later

Agreed. I am over 120 hours in and it still feels fresh. Such a good game!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also I think other than Alex's girlfriend and Vinny none of them are playing it.

Persona is also like, the anti-idle thumbs game.

Hearing so many people butcher the word "automata" on podcasts has actually fucked it in my brain completely. I think they said it right on the Bombcast, but I literally couldn't figure it out any more.

ev0

Look, there's a difference between western cartoons and japanese cartoons, ok.

Fucking or no fucking.

Than how am I supposed to feel about this?
killing%2Bjoke%2Bbat%2Bsex.gif

Excited for This Is The Run. Flinthook looks cool! won't be getting it though, TOO many games at the moment. Bombcast this week started rocky but it became great as it went on.

I was about to post that, hopefully we'll get it one day.
Consuming too much MSG laden food does tend to make me have yellow deployments.

The best tapes.

So fucking bad. I cringed so hard when I was watching the film.

kiguel182

Excited for This Is The Run. Flinthook looks cool! won't be getting it though, TOO many games at the moment. Bombcast this week started rocky but it became great as it went on.

I was about to post that, hopefully we'll get it one day.

The best tapes.

So fucking bad. I cringed so hard when I was watching the film.

Wow, this is the run is in 8 minutes. Almost missed it!

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ljDONCkjyE4/V89h06efLOI/AAAAAAAAC5k/q0EVNEdIjnkwEyE3trBrd8cQFWMBBs1qQCEw/s1600/killing%2Bjoke%2Bbat%2Bsex.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Bruce Timm subtly and not so subtly has been trying to make Batman sleep with his good friend's daughter for decades now. When Timm's given full control, don't be surprised when he's explicit about it.

Hindl

Regardless of what happens, it'll always be hilarious to me that Dan has talked up his Soul Calibur skills so much, and yet sidestepping took him completely by surprise

oti

Banned
I want Drew to guest in the Beastcast after his Eurovision trip and argue with Dan that Eurovision >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrestling trash

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I want Drew to guest in the Beastcast after his Eurovision trip and argue with Dan that Eurovision >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrestling trash

That's just basically the P5 vs Metal Gear discussion from last week though. Dan would claim that Eurovision isn't real because Wrestling sometimes explains it's dumb bullshit

J_Viper

These dudes on the bombcast this week are so fucking boring they have me begging for Will Smith and Pete Brown to come back

Idle thumbs is the only other gaming podcast I can find the time to listen to so it's always great when the worlds collide.

Now we need another Bradley Idle Thumbs cast like we had a few years back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom