• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

Metroid is never coming back. It's been lame for the better part of a decade. Gen Z probably either has never heard of it or makes fun of it.

TBF
first nier
pulled the same shit in a different context.

Yeah..to me that part is the least important part of the game. The most important is the world itself and how it ended up, how it ended up, and the stories behind the characters and what not.

It's like saying 'You have to pull the trigger to kill the boss before the game continues' is the biggest worst spoiler you could say about MGS3. It's not. It's about the story leading up to that and the characters themselves.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Still I'm just glad that there's someone on giantbomb who saw it all the way through.

Can't wait for Alex to make an argument and then go "Look, I just want to bring it up to bring it up" and then it falls out of top 10.

His total playthrough is around 48 hours, looking forward to hearing more of his thoughts on the BEASTcast. I can't wait to finish Horizon so I could dive deep into Nier. At the same time, Horizon is also a fantastic game so I'm not complaining.

Scizzy

Still I'm just glad that there's someone on giantbomb who saw it all the way through.

Can't wait for Alex to make an argument and then go "Look, I just want to bring it up to bring it up" and then it falls out of top 10.

Jeff was into it and it has all the hallmarks of a game Brad pops in the night before GOTY and spends the next day wondering why he didn't play it before.

Yeah..to me that part is the least important part of the game. The most important is the world itself and how it ended up, how it ended up, and the stories behind the characters and what not.

It's like saying 'You have to pull the trigger to kill the boss before the game continues' is the biggest worst spoiler you could say about MGS3. It's not. It's about the story leading up to that and the characters themselves.
except saying that changes the narrative from "holy crap should I do this is there a way out of this" to "press x to continue"

Antiwhippy

His total playthrough is around 48 hours, looking forward to hearing more of his thoughts on the BEASTcast. I can't wait to finish Horizon so I could dive deep into Nier. At the same time, Horizon is also a fantastic game so I'm not complaining.

I finished it at 33 and I did quite a number of sidequests, though not all.

I actually wonder if I just play games faster than most. My P5 time clocked in at >85 hours and I didn't feel like I was particularly rushing...

Antiwhippy

Kinda spoilery if you care.

Well... not really.

Nier's is more about your gut feel.

You don't have to do it.

But you would know that you didn't do it.

Moaradin

Jeff seems into it but who knows if he'll actually finish it. Should get ending A at least lol

Antiwhippy

Also wait, austin mentioned waiting for a special guest to finish all nier routes before doing a spoilercast.

Austin/Patrick/Alex nier spoilercast coming soon?

Jake

Geoffrey the Giraffe is disappointed in this GIF discussion

Drinking gin, looking at gifs

(Also thanks for listening to me awkwardly guest on the cast this week! It took way too long to get comfortable and up to speed, apologies that the show was kind of stop and go for so long there this week.)

Jubbe

I finished it at 33 and I did quite a number of sidequests, though not all.

I actually wonder if I just play games faster than most. My P5 time clocked in at >85 hours and I didn't feel like I was particularly rushing...

I finished Nier (all major endings) in 24 hours. I did a fair bit of the side stuff in the first playthrough but sort of rushed the others because I didn't really like the game that much.

Joeku

(Also thanks for listening to me awkwardly guest on the cast this week! It took way too long to get comfortable and up to speed, apologies that the show was kind of stop and go for so long there this week.)

Was the last time you guys showed up on GB in a non-E3 capacity actually six years ago? Cuz that's as recent as I can recall. I'm surprised y'all are so relatively close and so rarely cross over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIfWCAyDyg

Edit: Show up more! It's fun.

Jake

Was the last time you guys showed up on GB in a non-E3 capacity actually six years ago? Cuz that's as recent as I can recall. I'm surprised y'all are so relatively close and so rarely cross over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIfWCAyDyg

Edit: Show up more! It's fun.

I think we did a Firewatch quick look last year but I can't remember. Most of the time we come by and fuck around during an E3 or GDC stream, which is a lot lower pressure haha

Oh man that Space Asshole video yes. I miss the old Whiskey office and all the fucking around that came with it.

Megasoum

Banned
Now that I'm playing Persona 5 and finally watching the P4 ER I decided to finally check out the old Persona 3 PSP quicklook.

Jeff freaking out at the girl shooting herself in the head and everything else that is so similar yet different from P4 is hilarious.

ryseing

I picked up the Kingdom Hearts collection the other day and out of curiosity looked up if there was any KH #content. Turns out there's only a QL of the 3DS release of Dream Drop Distance.

New Endurance Run idea. Dan plays all of the KH games and we witness as he goes crazier and crazier trying to understand the story of each new installment. If he thought Tolkien was complicated, KH will be something else entirely.

Tubobutts

I was really doubtful that Soul Calibur would work for This is The Run, but it's been great so far. I'm actually looking forward to the return of OlDan as Vinny gets closer and closer to beating him.

I picked up the Kingdom Hearts collection the other day and out of curiosity looked up if there was any KH #content. Turns out there's only a QL of the 3DS release of Dream Drop Distance.

New Endurance Run idea. Dan plays all of the KH games and we witness as he goes crazier and crazier trying to understand the story of each new installment. If he thought Tolkien was complicated, KH will be something else entirely.

Yes please :D

Can't wait for TitR tomorrow!
Vinny is gonna win

Now that I'm playing Persona 5 and finally watching the P4 ER I decided to finally check out the old Persona 3 PSP quicklook.

Jeff freaking out at the girl shooting herself in the head and everything else that is so similar yet different from P4 is hilarious.

Them losing it to the nonsense in the battle theme was great.
One of these days.

I really enjoyed the guest spot, hope you can come through again on the bombcast soon. Really great discussion.

Also hearing that Sean was working a Firewatch Dota announcer blew my mind, that's awesome! I hope that becomes a real finished thing, cause it would be a day one perch for me.
fire.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dan would love Kingdom Hearts, it's basically Metal Gear as an interactive anime

Dan is already at weird obsession levels with Taco Bell, I'd hate to see the guy go down that dark alley of Disney obsession...

vfgXTANl.jpg

some roads man shouldn't travel down.

Lunar FC

Dan is already at weird obsession levels with Taco Bell, I'd hate to see the guy go down that dark alley of Disney obsession...

vfgXTANl.jpg

some roads man shouldn't travel down.

I like vinylmations, but I only got 3 of them.

Tron, Boba Fett, and like a Ice Cream guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom