• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

KH does have one of Dan's favorite Disneys since Chip and Dale are the gummi ship mechanics.

And Scrooge/Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Yeah, this needs to happen.

ST2K

Has anyone done the math to see if they'll actually finish Y0 by the time Kiwami comes out if they keep playing at their current rate?

Has anyone done the math to see if they'll actually finish Y0 by the time Kiwami comes out if they keep playing at their current rate?

If they keep it up at 1:30-2hrs per episode and don't lean too hard into management and cabarets and sidequests, they should be alright. They're on Chapter 7 out of
16+Epilogue, and the main story isn't too long.

Sakwoff

The "interview" thing at the start of the Bombcast is weird, maybe they should have touched base a little before that. Felt like Brad was really struggling to reach for stuff to ask them about, while they didn't really give him anything.

Everything after that is great.

Jintor

I saw Jeff and some others at PAX a few years ago. I called out to him "hey Brett!" hoping to say hello and get a handshake.

No reply.

I walked away.

you would have had better luck calling out to small business man i think. ever since vinnco went bust he's been down to meet with the peeps

kiguel182

So, how was the bombast?

Also, I have MGSV on a second screen while I build bases and do deployment missions to try and get those elusive final missions. I'm playing this like a clicker right now.

Hjod

Banned

#stroKING

God, I was up too late yesterday, fuck Yakuza and it's cabaret clubs haha.

My story progression just grinded to a halt.

I at least managed to watch Fast & Furious before passing out.

My current ranking, 1>3>4>2

kiguel182

MSG UPDATE: Apparently I have yellow deployments to do. I never noticed the tab with the offline ones so I never did them. Will this unlock more missions? STAY TUNED!

The new idle thumbs is pretty good. Brad is a pretty good guest.

It's what is feeling like right now. Also, jarring to listen to Jason describe Full Throttle after the idle thumbs dudes going full on it.

I should listen to idle thumbs, I have a friend that is a big fan.

Mupod

unless they end up falling into an endless spiral of cabaret and real estate management (I sure did), the game starts to pick up the pace from here on. They've actually found a lot of the 'hard to miss' sidestories, as well. So unless they decide to actively seek out more, they might not dominate the episodes like they have been. I do hope they at least get a little bit into the slot car racing.

MSG UPDATE: Apparently I have yellow deployments to do. I never noticed the tab with the offline ones so I never did them. Will this unlock more missions? STAY TUNED!.

Just look up the dumb cutscenes. If you've played through the game to the first ending you've seen everything it has to offer. Once you've done the isolation unit mission (for the infected people on the base), you should stop.

Jennipeg

So, how was the bombast?

Also, I have MGSV on a second screen while I build bases and do deployment missions to try and get those elusive final missions. I'm playing this like a clicker right now.

I really enjoyed it, i'm always a bit sad when Jeff isn't there but it was a good show. Apart from the upsetting Harry Potter talk, Michael Gambon is a bad Dumbledore,

'DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!!!!!!' Just no.

kiguel182

Just look up the dumb cutscenes. If you've played through the game to the first ending you've seen everything it has to offer. Once you've done the isolation unit mission (for the infected people on the base), you should stop.

I'm in way too deep now!

I really enjoyed it, i'm always a bit sad when Jeff isn't there but it was a good show. Apart from the upsetting Harry Potter talk, Michael Gambon is a bad Dumbledore,

'DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!!!!!!' Just no.

Yeah, I don't get the love for the second Dumbledore. He might have been more compelling to watch but he lost the calm and charm that the original had.

Dumbledore was also a light hearted dude, always saying dumb jokes. The second one seemed to be always cranky.

Consuming too much MSG laden food does tend to make me have yellow deployments.

Everything I say in this thread is distorted! Damn you!

Hindl

something something yellow cake

giphy.gif

KingKong

I thought it was a good bombcast, its funny listening to the idle thumbs guys because they can actually articulate why they like Zelda and its mechanics in a way that no one at Giant Bomb has been able to

kiguel182

I thought it was a good bombcast, its funny listening to the idle thumbs guys because they can actually articulate why they like Zelda and its mechanics in a way that no one at Giant Bomb has been able to

It was a stark contrast. Hopefully the new hire is a big improvement in that area. And that it pushes the others to improve, kinda like Austin did in the East.

Curufinwe

KH does have one of Dan's favorite Disneys since Chip and Dale are the gummi ship mechanics.

And Scrooge/Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Yeah, this needs to happen.

KH2 is the only one I played, and I remember it having a lot of Donald Duck. That seems like a Disney character Dan should like.

Hindl

Flinthook looks cool but I know I'd only play it for a few runs before not going back to it. Crypt of the Necrodancer is the only roguelike I ever stuck with, and even then I only made it to the 3rd world

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Flinthook looks cool but I know I'd only play it for a few runs before not going back to it. Crypt of the Necrodancer is the only roguelike I ever stuck with, and even then I only made it to the 3rd world

Necrodancer is the only roguelike I ever really really got into, I still do the daily run basically every evening.

dan2026

I have never even played one second of Breath of the Wild.
But after hearing about it on podcasts for what seems like eternity, I feel I have completed that game five times over.

I am so tired of hearing about Zelda.
I feel like stuff like Horizon or Persona 5 barely got a mention. But Zelda goes on foreeeeeeeeever.

Hindl

But after hearing about it on podcasts for what seems like eternity, I feel I have completed that game five times over.

I feel like stuff like Horizon or Persona 5 barely got a mention. But Zelda goes on foreeeeeeeeever.

Well no one's playing Persona 5 on the West Coast, and Horizon kinda got buried by it. Horizon is an excellent open world game, one of the best in years. But then Zelda came out, and a lot of the duders who were playing Horizon dropped it for Zelda. And there's just a ton to talk about with Zelda. Regardless of your feelings of it and it's many flaws, it is legitimately one of the freshest open world games in years, and lends itself to a lot of in-depth discussion about what makes it special. Plus, given the nature of it, everyone is going to have different things to say about it, whereas a game like Horizon or Persona is more or less going to be similar experiences for everyone. But I will agree that it's kinda crazy they're still talking about it a month and a half later

oti

Banned
I LOVED Rogue Legacy. It was the first game I played when I built my first PC a couple of years ago. I'd buy it again on Switch. And Wizorb. And this Hook game. Please.

There's just more to talk about when it comes to Zelda than Horizon, is my impression of it. I am a bit surprised by the general lack of Persona talk though. Not just on the Bombcast but in general. My own little Twitter bubble doesn't seem to care about it too much or they're just not talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom